Rick Perry's stem cell treatment

Pandora

This is an older story but no one posted about it that I saw.

Rick Perry had a controversial stem cell treatment done last month. It is Un-aproved and experimental, he apparently is the first to have it done Some people think he was very irresponsible for doing it, giving false hope to sick people who want to try it too.

Was it brave of him to be the first to try this

was it irresponsible for him to try this
or

Was it his own business and we shouldn't even be talking about this?

And since he has spoken about his disapproval for embryonic stem cell treatment, does this make him a hypocrite?

I like that he was willing to try something that wasn't guinea pig tested first and I don't think the type of stem cell treatment he did was anything like the type he has spoken out against.

I read probably 8-10 different websites about this and it seems some really are thinking what he did was hypocritical and irresponsible, I am guessing it's because they don't personally like him since he started running for president.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/health/2011-08/22/c_131065003.htm

Werbung:
This is an older story but no one posted about it that I saw.

Rick Perry had a controversial stem cell treatment done last month. It is Un-aproved and experimental, he apparently is the first to have it done Some people think he was very irresponsible for doing it, giving false hope to sick people who want to try it too.

Was it brave of him to be the first to try this

was it irresponsible for him to try this
or

Was it his own business and we shouldn't even be talking about this?

And since he has spoken about his disapproval for embryonic stem cell treatment, does this make him a hypocrite?

I like that he was willing to try something that wasn't guinea pig tested first and I don't think the type of stem cell treatment he did was anything like the type he has spoken out against.

I read probably 8-10 different websites about this and it seems some really are thinking what he did was hypocritical and irresponsible, I am guessing it's because they don't personally like him since he started running for president.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/health/2011-08/22/c_131065003.htm

Since the stem cells came from his own body, he doesn't run afoul of his stance on embryonic stem cells.

Since any harm that may come from this only affects Perry, it shouldn't be an issue for the rest of us.

I don't want to see him elected president, either. The last thing we need is another Texas cowboy who is likely to lead another posse to start yet another war.

But this is a non issue as far as I can see.

Since the stem cells came from his own body, he doesn't run afoul of his stance on embryonic stem cells.

Since any harm that may come from this only affects Perry, it shouldn't be an issue for the rest of us.

I don't want to see him elected president, either. The last thing we need is another Texas cowboy who is likely to lead another posse to start yet another war.

But this is a non issue as far as I can see.

I see it about the same as you, but some people are all ticked off about it

I have not ruled him out but I am hoping for someone better to get the nomination Though It really does not matter to me who gets the nomination I guess because my vote is against obama no matter what! Unless he is running against Satan of course :D

I see it about the same as you, but some people are all ticked off about it

I have not ruled him out but I am hoping for someone better to get the nomination Though It really does not matter to me who gets the nomination I guess because my vote is against obama no matter what! Unless he is running against Satan of course :D

I don't think the Republicans are going to nominate Satan, but they just might nominate Bachmann, in which case voting against her takes precedence over voting against Obama.

Wouldn't it be great if we could vote for someone for a change, instead of voting against someone?

I don't think the Republicans are going to nominate Satan, but they just might nominate Bachmann, in which case voting against her takes precedence over voting against Obama.

Wouldn't it be great if we could vote for someone for a change, instead of voting against someone?

Yeah, its kind of sad that out of all the Americans out there we always get served dog crap to pick from

I thought republicans always Veto stem cell reserach? Like Bush did. Thats why i voted for Obama. Because i have type 2 diabetes because of McDonalds and i cant sue them cause Bush signed the Cheeseburger law. And McCain said he would veto it. So i had to vote for Barrack Obama.

I thought republicans always Veto stem cell reserach? Like Bush did. Thats why i voted for Obama. Because i have type 2 diabetes because of McDonalds and i cant sue them cause Bush signed the Cheeseburger law. And McCain said he would veto it. So i had to vote for Barrack Obama.

Pro life conservatives are against EMBRYONIC stem cell research. That is when you use aborted babies.

Adult stem cell research is when you use your own stem cells and have them put back into you. Republican conservatives have always been ok with that in fact President Bush gave money for research for adult stem cell research in his budgets.

you know if everyone who said that grew a pair...you could...

I have voted for people I knew had zero chance...even when I hated one of the other 2 and feared them winning...but I vote for who I want..not against...

you know if everyone who said that grew a pair...you could...

I have voted for people I knew had zero chance...even when I hated one of the other 2 and feared them winning...but I vote for who I want..not against...

I have too, usually the Libertarian candidate, but did so knowing that he couldn't win.

A third party can't win because no one will vote for them because they don't think they will win. It's a catch 22.

Werbung:
I have too, usually the Libertarian candidate, but did so knowing that he couldn't win.

A third party can't win because no one will vote for them because they don't think they will win. It's a catch 22.
I would never advise anyone to vote third party, but I would say this:

There is one party who watches the third party vote very carefully, and that is the party that just lost, whichever major party that is. They are looking to see what they can do to get that 2% or 3% of the vote that they'd have needed to win. If the third party vote is significant then we can bet the farm that the losing major party will have a new plank in their platform and that plank will be written to attract those third party voters.

In other words, third party voting does play a major role in American politics. The proof would be the changes in the Democratic Party after Ralph Nader cost Gore the 2000 election and the adjustments in the Republican Party after Ross Perot cost GHW Bush the 1992 election.

Back