1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Riddle me this

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Stormy, May 31, 2008.

1. Stormy

Stormy New Member

2. GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus

GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus New Member

you were making sense up to the McCain. then you really threw me for a loop by getting riled over a tv commercial.

conservatives owned environmentalism pre-reagan

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I do not think it is worse. We voted them in, and they betrayed us. McClellan was hired and sold out for $$$. McClellan was only held to basic honor. The RINO's in government promised us conservative values then caved, after they got our votes.

One thing I can say for the Dems is they do listen to their liberal base. I wish it was the other way around

4. Stormy

Stormy New Member

No. I am all for conservation. I am not for destroying our economy, and our livelihood based on faulty theory.

Reagan did not permit the democrats to define the terms or the issues. He did not permit them to control him.

This group has.

Global warming is a hoax, and the democrats are going to destroy us over it, and the republicans are going to not only let it happen, but they are willing participants. Watch closely the Werner/Liberman bill they are going to try and pass next week.

5. Stormy

Stormy New Member

The liberal base, unlike the conservative base, is very loud and very demanding. The liberal politicians have no choice but to listen.

It's high time conservatives do the same.

6. GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus

you are hysterical over what exactly? where is our economy, and our livelihood being destroyed?
    I was unaware Democrats tried to control Reagan. Reagan, was out of control all on his own...
    sane people do not deny global warming exists. sane people are arguing over the details.

[​IMG]

7. Stormy

Stormy New Member

May 15, 2008 12:39 PM EDT
    Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine (OISM)

Who: Dr. Arthur Robinson of the OISM

What: release of names in OISM "Petition Project"

When: 10 AM, Monday May 19

Where: Holeman Lounge at the National Press Club, 529 14th St., NW, Washington, DC

Why: the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine (OISM) will announce that more than 31,000 scientists have signed a petition rejecting claims of human-caused global warming. The purpose of OISM's Petition Project is to demonstrate that the claim of "settled science" and an overwhelming "consensus" in favor of the hypothesis of human-caused global warming and consequent climate damage is wrong. No such consensus or settled science exists. As indicated by the petition text and signatory list, a very large number of American scientists reject this hypothesis.

It is evident that 31,072 Americans with university degrees in science - including 9,021 PhDs, are not "a few." Moreover, from the clear and strong petition statement that they have signed, it is evident that these 31,072 American scientists are not "skeptics."

CONTACT: Audrey Mullen, +1-703-548-1160, for the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine

/PRNewswire-USNewswire -- May 15/

SOURCE Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...ecting+Global+Warming+Hypothesis/3654512.html

8. GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus

we have moved from global warming to human-caused global warming.
    [​IMG]
    we could post dueling petitions til the end of time...let us cut to the facts.

can we agree on facts here...
    National Geographic News ...and leave the causes for part 2?

9. GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus

wow...

really-wow...

10. Pandora

That might work, but I don’t want to look pathetic like the left does. And I wouldn’t want to degrade the country like they do or burn flags or any of that gross stuff. Couldn’t we just do a sit in? Avoid grapes for a while?

My favorite is what I already do, I don’t vote for RINO’s, I don’t spend my money on anything that will make a liberal rich. I don’t buy their books, see their films or eat their salad dressing. If every conservative did what I do someone would want our Votes and money enough to listen.

I could scream I am moving to Italy if Obama gets elected. Susan Sarandon said she would do that if McCain gets elected. So far this is the first great thing I can think of that would happen if McCain got elected. I am "almost" rooting for him now. Oh how I hate that woman.

Maybe the best strategy to get Conservatives to back McCain is if all the radical weirdo’s on the left. Michael Moore, Susan Sarandon, Barbra Streisand and the gang all promised to move away if McCain gets elected. The conservatives might come out in droves.. Just to be rid of them.

11. Pandora

WOW what a great post, thank you so much. I am from Oregon and I am SHOCKED that we have that many people in our state that can actually think!

Are you from Oregon ?

I can not wait to take this one to work :) your the best stormy!!!!!!

12. GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus

work...

uh oh

13. Stormy

Stormy New Member

Thank you for the brief bio of Robinson. I happen to be very familiar with him - and his incredible home-school program.

You apparently believe there to be negative information about him contained within. Please enlighten us.

14. GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus

later..you will not be disappointed
    :cool:

15. GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustus

here is a great quote
    ...too bad it is thrown away for this...
    ..so a christian leader who lies to further an agenda.

sigh

more lies and deception...