Robert Gates

Should Robert Gates remain in office as Sec Def after the Presidential Election

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Werbung:
to me that is a question that would be based on alot of factors that we cant see right now.

1. who wins? in 2008?
2. What will he new plan for Deffene be, both in iraq and other areas, and can Gates effectivly put into place those actions the President wants to put in place.
3. Is there someone better suited to doing what is going to be the new plan for the comeing years?
4. Is Gates ok with working with the New President and staff...I am sure as he would work I with anyone as as a soldier thats what he is trained to do, bu still the question would have to be asked.

as far as right now given what he was told to do, and his effectivness at doing his job as set forthby the President, he has done a great Job and as such I would see no reason to replace him at this time.

if Obama wins I see as more likey he would be replaced, possibley by CHuck Hagel...and I would be fine with that as well.

to me that is a question that would be based on alot of factors that we cant see right now.

1. who wins? in 2008?
2. What will he new plan for Deffene be, both in iraq and other areas, and can Gates effectivly put into place those actions the President wants to put in place.
3. Is there someone better suited to doing what is going to be the new plan for the comeing years?
4. Is Gates ok with working with the New President and staff...I am sure as he would work I with anyone as as a soldier thats what he is trained to do, bu still the question would have to be asked.

as far as right now given what he was told to do, and his effectivness at doing his job as set forthby the President, he has done a great Job and as such I would see no reason to replace him at this time.

if Obama wins I see as more likey he would be replaced, possibley by CHuck Hagel...and I would be fine with that as well.

This does not seem to be an issue. Robert Gates will get canned with the rest of them when Bush leaves office. If asked to stay, I doubt he even would.

I also doubt that Hagel would accept the position if offered.

What will be Obama's foreign policy strategy and what is his oppinion on the shift in the balance of power? The dynamic is shifting away from the US and whoever takes on the position of SecDef. Thus, weighing up the shift in the balance of powers and understanding the new rules are going to take some imagination and foresight which I think....I think this guy has! Certainly Rumsfelt was a moron of the first order and would have been totally out of his depth but this guy is different....I think. I think he realises that NATO is going to have to change and traditional power projection from a US perspective is not going to work as it has.

You guys can tell this poor foreigner what you think!

Obama, as far as I know is a long way from picking a team I just thought that this guy may well be worthwhile having around for a while longer......if as you he would stay and was asked!

What will be Obama's foreign policy strategy and what is his oppinion on the shift in the balance of power? The dynamic is shifting away from the US and whoever takes on the position of SecDef. Thus, weighing up the shift in the balance of powers and understanding the new rules are going to take some imagination and foresight which I think....I think this guy has! Certainly Rumsfelt was a moron of the first order and would have been totally out of his depth but this guy is different....I think. I think he realises that NATO is going to have to change and traditional power projection from a US perspective is not going to work as it has.

Obama, as far as I know is a long way from picking a team I just thought that this guy may well be worthwhile having around for a while longer......if as you he would stay and was asked!

I argee as long as he has the new presidents trust, and is able to do what is asked with out issues, he should stay.

Obama wont need one. The world will unite when he becomes president, and the president of Iran will meet with him and Obama will show him the light. :) And there will be peace.....

If McCain should get in he will have to get rid of this guy too, if you are going to cause ww3 then you need a really nasty guy to help you do it. You cant really invade Iran and N. Korea with out a ruthless blood thirsty guy. Maybe McCain can hire Bush for the job :)

Obama wont need one. The world will unite when he becomes president, and the president of Iran will meet with him and Obama will show him the light. :) And there will be peace.....

If McCain should get in he will have to get rid of this guy too, if you are going to cause ww3 then you need a really nasty guy to help you do it. You cant really invade Iran and N. Korea with out a ruthless blood thirsty guy. Maybe McCain can hire Bush for the job :)

amazing I think you just blast both with nonsense at the same time...neat trick...I think both have valid plans for Iran so long as you do a bit of both....

........WRONG!!! :p

............and a bloody well done to the 3 of us that voted YUP! He's a good man....always knew he'd stay on

I was wrong indeed. I wonder once Iraq gets wrapped up if he will look to move on at that point.

Werbung:
Back