1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Robert McNamara dead at 93.

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by BigRob, Jul 6, 2009.

1. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    at least he owned up to Nam being a mistake...thats about all I know...but alot of people in his position would never have owned up to that mistake..says something about him I think.

3. Bunz

Bunz Well-Known Member

Much like any high level public servant he is known for some good things and some bad things. Anyone who has not seen "Fog of War" I highly recommend watching it. It is an interesting insight from ole Mac.

That being said, I recently had my uncle a retired Air Force officer, and multiple tour Vietnam vet, and I know that he does not have kind words for the man.

My condolences to his family and loved ones, though he had a life well lived until his passing at 93. I can only hope to last as long.

1 person likes this.
  4. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

.............took him long enough though! Guess he had to pluck up the courage to do it.

There was a rumour that he had a nervous breakdown? Anyone got anything on that?