Roe v Wade is now safe

Certainly one of the byproducts of President elect Obama's ( that does sound good doesn't it?) historic victory will be his ability to put an abrupt end to the right wing takeover of the Supreme Court. Obama's nominations will be more in line with the views of the majority of the American people...and Roe V Wade is safe, at least for now.

Roberts, Scalia, and Uncle Thomas best move over, the liberals are coming!

You're dreaming. Almost all the oldest members are libs: Breyer, Ginsburg, Souter, and Kennedy were born in the 1930s, and Stevens is 88 years old. The Annointed One will only get to replace a lib justice, and republicans could stop that since the dems failed to get the 60 senators needed for cloture. The only issue with Roe is when it will be overturned.

Werbung:
Isnt it great. we can kill our children for any reason on demand until their due date, and if that little rat finds a way to be born alive anyway, there is a soiled utility room with thier name on it.

I think we should pass a law that all children carved out of their mothers (and I use the term mother lightly) should be sacrificed on the alter of Obama.

maybe for his birthday to honor him women can get pregnant and kill the kid in his honor.

Don't know where you live, but most states have viability laws re: abortion. Sorry you're not aware of that.

Hey - I have a novel idea - Maybe we can focus on unwanted pregnancy prevention and the widespread easy access to birth control instead of abortion to begin with. But, then...that wouldn't be in keeping with the Palin clones that want abstinence -only education taught in our schools. Earth to Palin: it didn't even work for your own child, who was raised in a very Church-oriented, two-parent home with traditional values. Why would any rational human being thing it should work with all kids ?

Don't know where you live, but most states have viability laws re: abortion. Sorry you're not aware of that.

Hey - I have a novel idea - Maybe we can focus on unwanted pregnancy prevention and the widespread easy access to birth control instead of abortion to begin with. But, then...that wouldn't be in keeping with the Palin clones that want abstinence -only education taught in our schools. Earth to Palin: it didn't even work for your own child, who was raised in a very Church-oriented, two-parent home with traditional values. Why would any rational human being thing it should work with all kids ?

Palin is back in Alaska, you win, there are enough people in Alaska with knives drawn and ready for her back that you dont have to keep attacking her. I never advocated for what she believes in birth control but she is the mother of her own kids and has a right to raise them how ever she feels is morally correct and its not your place or mine to be on her about it.

The part of your post that was about fixing abortion problems was nice, I would have liked to talk more about that but right now I am just to irritated at the endless attacks on Palin maybe we can talk another time in another thread about ways to at least reduce the sick practice

Palin is back in Alaska, you win, there are enough people in Alaska with knives drawn and ready for her back that you dont have to keep attacking her. I never advocated for what she believes in birth control but she is the mother of her own kids and has a right to raise them how ever she feels is morally correct and its not your place or mine to be on her about it.

The part of your post that was about fixing abortion problems was nice, I would have liked to talk more about that but right now I am just to irritated at the endless attacks on Palin maybe we can talk another time in another thread about ways to at least reduce the sick practice

I would be happy to have a converstaion focusing on unwanted pregnancy prevention. I have volunteered at clinics that educate teens on this. I actually am an advocate for waiting until one is ready to have sex, but I also understand human nature, how kids think and the sense of immortality and rebelliousness that all kids have. That's why I am a huge proponent of birth control.

As far as your other point, let me ask you - you think it's somehow OK for all of the attacks on Obama but I'm not supposed to voice my feelings about Palin's position issues? I do actually think that this mattered a lot to the women that the McCain camp were trying to get vote for Palin. I've spoken to several Republican women who were turned off by what they considered Palin's extreme viewpoint. Why is that off-base? I really could give a crap about how Palin raises her kids, and their individual choices (that IS what choice is about.) It is when people like her say they want to legislate those choices that ticks me off. She did not deny that in the few interviews that she participated in.

Certainly one of the byproducts of President elect Obama's ( that does sound good doesn't it?) historic victory will be his ability to put an abrupt end to the right wing takeover of the Supreme Court. Obama's nominations will be more in line with the views of the majority of the American people...and Roe V Wade is safe, at least for now.

Roberts, Scalia, and Uncle Thomas best move over, the liberals are coming!

So you think it's cool to kill babies? :confused:

It sounds to me as if there still are some who believe that passing a law limiting abortion would actually limit abortion.

There are better ways to reduce the abortion rate, ways that actually work. Passing laws against something you see as bad doesn't necessarily fix the problem.

I am not sure I buy into this at all.

It's a whole lot like drug laws. We pass laws, and put up signs reading "drug free zone", but the incidence of drug addiction remains high.

Drug addiction is higher in the US than in the Netherlands, where druggies do their thing openly.

To make this claim we need a breakdown of illegal drug addiction and over the counter or prescription addiction.

Simply passing laws doesn't solve the problem, whether it involves abortion, drugs, or anything else.

It may not "solve" the problem, but it goes a long way. While abortions did occur before it was made legal, the actual number of those was very low.

Even the lawyer in the Roe V Wade case openly stated he made up the numbers for "back alley" abortions to push the case.

I would be happy to have a converstaion focusing on unwanted pregnancy prevention. I have volunteered at clinics that educate teens on this. I actually am an advocate for waiting until one is ready to have sex, but I also understand human nature, how kids think and the sense of immortality and rebelliousness that all kids have. That's why I am a huge proponent of birth control.

As far as your other point, let me ask you - you think it's somehow OK for all of the attacks on Obama but I'm not supposed to voice my feelings about Palin's position issues? I do actually think that this mattered a lot to the women that the McCain camp were trying to get vote for Palin. I've spoken to several Republican women who were turned off by what they considered Palin's extreme viewpoint. Why is that off-base? I really could give a crap about how Palin raises her kids, and their individual choices (that IS what choice is about.) It is when people like her say they want to legislate those choices that ticks me off. She did not deny that in the few interviews that she participated in.

Yes you have a right to be critical of her policy, of course. It has always been that kids are off limits. Her daughter being pregnant should not be something we are talking about. Libs sure want us to leave the obama kids alone and I agree with them to leave the kids alone but being the kind of people they are libs always attack conservative or repubilcan peoples kids.

I am asking that you leave the palin kids alone, and I am asking that Sarah Palin's parenting skills and style not be an issue. Now if you can show me some where where she has tried to pass laws so that you can not raise your daughter with the parenting style you want to do, I will be right with you in being critical.. I just think its low to attack her as a parent or attack her children.

I am not sure I buy into this at all.

To make this claim we need a breakdown of illegal drug addiction and over the counter or prescription addiction.

It may not "solve" the problem, but it goes a long way. While abortions did occur before it was made legal, the actual number of those was very low.

Even the lawyer in the Roe V Wade case openly stated he made up the numbers for "back alley" abortions to push the case.

Abortion rates worldwide:

In the United States, where abortion is legal, the rate is 22.9%. In Central America, where it is not, the rate is 30%. In South America, where it is illegal, the rate is 39%. In Africa, where 99% of the abortions are illegal, the rate is 33%.

The facts are not on your side of the argument.

Abortion rates worldwide:

In the United States, where abortion is legal, the rate is 22.9%. In Central America, where it is not, the rate is 30%. In South America, where it is illegal, the rate is 39%. In Africa, where 99% of the abortions are illegal, the rate is 33%.

The facts are not on your side of the argument.

Perhaps, but I am not interested in abortion rates around the world, nor am I interested in legislating abortion around the world.

I am interested in legislating abortion in the United States. In the United States before abortion was made legal, the number of abortions was much lower than it is today.

I Believe that any child in the stomach of a healthy woman should have a chance at life.
I believe that life begins at conception, and unless there are serious health issues with the mother or the fetus, that child has as much right as anyone else to be born.. For Gods sake , if one cannot care for the child put it up for adoption. I don`t believe humans that will go out and be permiscouis should have the right to determine the fate of a Human Beings life.

Perhaps, but I am not interested in abortion rates around the world, nor am I interested in legislating abortion around the world.

I am interested in legislating abortion in the United States. In the United States before abortion was made legal, the number of abortions was much lower than it is today.

According to you.

Can you back up your statement like I did mine?

Werbung:
According to you.

Can you back up your statement like I did mine?

Yes.

Obviously stats before Roe V Wade on abortion totals are hard to come by, therefore I will show you the claims made by the pro-abortion lobby and point out why they are wrong.

In an article by Suzanne Gordon in the April 4, 1989 Washington Post Health Magazine she stated, "more than 1.2 million women are estimated to have had illegal abortions each year before Roe v. Wade, and approximately 5,000 died annually as a result."

During 1973, after the Supreme Court had legalized abortion nationwide in January of that year, 744,600 abortions were done (according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute). Therefore, the anti-abortion lobby must claim that the legalization of abortion dropped the number of abortions by almost 500,000, only to then see that number double in the coming years. It does not fly in my opinion.

The number of legal abortions reached 1 million in 1975, the third year of legalization. In 1977, four years after Roe v. Wade, the number exceeded 1.2 million, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Today (according to numerous sources) the number of abortions remains about 1.3 million a year, but we saw an all-time high of 1.6 million abortions in 1990. (Guttermacher Institute)

The pattern here is pretty seems pretty clear that abortion numbers in fact went up after the Supreme Court legalized nationwide abortion, and continue to stay much higher than they did before it was legalized. Therefore, the law banning abortion did indeed, by extension, limit the number of abortions that were taking place in the United States.

Back