ROMNEY--A New Reagan?

Johnny Tremain

All of the components seem to be there--integrity, decency, common sense and a sharp mind--and most of all A REAL PATRIOT--with a gift for gab and able to think on his feet.

Contrast that with what we have today.

Slam-dunk.

Werbung:
Reagan never signed a Universal Health Care scheme into law, as Romney did in Massachusetts.

When Romney takes office, conservatives will have to keep a VERY sharp eye on him, and harangue him long and hard if he even LOOKS like reneging on his promises to issue waivers to all 50 states for Obamacare immediately, and then work for its repeal (he knows and we know that a president can't unilaterally repeal an act of Congress).

Keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago that Republicans, including the boss, were merrily spending almost as much as Democrats are doing now. Republicans are very much on probation, again including the boss, for the next four years. They will unquestionably do better then Obama, Pelosi, and Reid... but that's not all we need from them. They must do the things they were elected for: Cutting spending (not just reducing the rate of increase), keeping taxes low and lower, rebuilding the military, and making this nation strong enough to be respected again. Obama showed that weakness and appeasement fail to accomplish that.

Reagan never signed a Universal Health Care scheme into law, as Romney did in Massachusetts.

When Romney takes office, conservatives will have to keep a VERY sharp eye on him, and harangue him long and hard if he even LOOKS like reneging on his promises to issue waivers to all 50 states for Obamacare immediately, and then work for its repeal (he knows and we know that a president can't unilaterally repeal an act of Congress).

Keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago that Republicans, including the boss, were merrily spending almost as much as Democrats are doing now. Republicans are very much on probation, again including the boss, for the next four years. They will unquestionably do better then Obama, Pelosi, and Reid... but that's not all we need from them. They must do the things they were elected for: Cutting spending (not just reducing the rate of increase), keeping taxes low and lower, rebuilding the military, and making this nation strong enough to be respected again. Obama showed that weakness and appeasement fail to accomplish that.

You make many good points.

I think Romney can work with others to solve health care issues--which need solutions--but not the Pelosi-Reid type--where they go into a cave and deny Republicans a single bit of input and come out with something no one ever read and we will know what it is "after they pass it". That--told the whole story of why any thinking person literally and totally DESPISES liberals.

I think Romney is a businessman with the ability to pick other leaders and manage them. Simple as that. Without filling every position in Washington based on RACE--like Obama did. Obama did what the North did after the Civil War--just put anyone in office who would OFFEND the opposition and rewarded every crony he had.

It will be dissected and analyzed for years to come as a time of true insanity by a total and complete amateur put into office--by "SOMEONE".

Will we experance the 2010s like the 1980s? Obama reminds me of Jimmy Carter. Romney reminds me of somewhat Reagan. Will he do the samething like Reagan did in the 80s?

Will we experance the 2010s like the 1980s? Obama reminds me of Jimmy Carter. Romney reminds me of somewhat Reagan. Will he do the samething like Reagan did in the 80s?

I used to tell friends--Obama is like Carter and will spawn another Reagan.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Economically--similar situation.
Free up free enterprise.

I am far less concerned about Romney as an individual than I am with the administration he will set up. I'm seeing some of the same old names in association with Romney lately in news reports.

Is Romney a new Reagan? No.

I am far less concerned about Romney as an individual than I am with the administration he will set up. I'm seeing some of the same old names in association with Romney lately in news reports.

Is Romney a new Reagan? No.

Well--shit--Obama hires GEITHNER.
And creeps like Holder.
In bed with Wall Street & Bankers...duh...

Well--shit--Obama hires GEITHNER.
And creeps like Holder.
In bed with Wall Street & Bankers...duh...

one of the main reasons we have the problems we have in this country is because many people have been convinced that the lesser of two evils is an appropriate choice. Would a Romney administration be slightly better than Obama? Probably in many people's eye's. Will it be good for the nation? I don't think so.

one of the main reasons we have the problems we have in this country is because many people have been convinced that the lesser of two evils is an appropriate choice. Would a Romney administration be slightly better than Obama? Probably in many people's eye's. Will it be good for the nation? I don't think so.

I think we have one of the most evil persons in the last two centuries in office now.
ANYONE--would be better.

He is EVIL--and he is DANGEROUS--beyond your wildest dreams.

I think we have one of the most evil persons in the last two centuries in office now.
ANYONE--would be better.

He is EVIL--and he is DANGEROUS--beyond your wildest dreams.

I'm under no delusions about the Progressive agenda. I am also under no delusions regarding the GOP Neo-Cons. They are dangerous. Neither will get my vote, neither can hold a candle to Reagan.

Werbung:
All of the components seem to be there--integrity, decency, common sense and a sharp mind--and most of all A REAL PATRIOT--with a gift for gab and able to think on his feet.

Contrast that with what we have today.

Slam-dunk.

Not even close...you are dreaming. One was a conservative and the other a moderate progressive. Not much in common politically. I will agree that both men are men of integrity and that is significant. That is a trait not commonly found on the Left.

Plus the times have changed SIGNIFICANTLY....like for example, the nation is deeply in debt and approaching bankruptcy, while the government continues to grow in size and power.....and much of the population and our financial system are dependent on government bailouts/handouts.

Back