Ron Paul Answers Questions With Common Sense

Not Hillary. Check out the latest. She wants to stay in Iraq for decades:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10947954

Having any troops at all in Iraq is not occupying Iraq. There will likely be troops in Iraq for various reasons. For instance, helping to secure the oil fields and working with the Kurds in the northern section who actually want us there... etc.

The truth is the troops will start coming home If Ms. Clinton is elected. She's been extremely clear.

Hillary Clinton: Well my goal is to end the war when I'm President and to bring our troops home, but as has been stated in the provisions passed by both the Democratic and the Democratic Senate, we do envision a vastly reduced residual force to remain for some limited period of time to train Iraqi troops, assuming they get their act together and begin to defend themselves, to provide logistical support for counter-terrorism missions, to protect the Kurds if necessary because they have certainly fulfilled their end of the bargain as they have tried to proceed to establish an autonomous region in the north.

And that does not mean we would have a permanent force. I am absolutely clear, we do not plan a permanent occupation or permanent bases, but in line with all of the legislation that has been passed by the Democratic majority or passed when we were in the minority going all the way back to 2005, we have tried to be responsible in saying there may be some continuing missions to protect America's vital interests, and to support an Iraqi government that we hope to be an ally going forward, assuming they are acting responsibly.

So, the bottom line for me is that we will begin redeploying our troops as soon as I am President, and we will do so in as expeditious a manner as possible. We will survey the situation to determine whether there are any remaining vital security interests by 2009, and if there are among the ones I've mentioned and among the ones that appear in the legislation passed in both the House and the Senate, we will proceed to do so in as thoughtful and responsible a manner as possible with as few troops as necessary with no permanent occupation and no permanent bases.

Werbung:
Billary also wants to bomb Iran. In fact 18 out of the 20 presidential candidates want to bomb Iran.

I believe this is true to take out a nuclear weapons facility if Iran gets to the point of manufacturing a nuclear bomb... and I think a vast majority of the American people probably wouldn't oppose that at all.

Hey, I have no problem with Ron Paul's position on Iraq. I'm just saying he has zero chance of getting the Republican nomination. Then what do we do? All of the other Republican candidates are firmly on record wanting an even greater escalation.

hahaaaa

Are you kidding me, when 18 of 20 presidential candidates want to bomb Iran money will be of no issue. Hell we have a huge amount of carriers and their support vessels in the gulf right now as a "show of force". How much do you think that costs?

Free:D China is paying for everything:D :D

Good luck selling that pitch to Bin Laden.

Yea... well you're right he won't like it. But then we probably shouldn't elect candidates on what Bin Laden likes. :)

I just hope everyone weighs the nominee of each party and helps whoever is most likely to start some type of a redeployment.

I believe this is true to take out a nuclear weapons facility if Iran gets to the point of manufacturing a nuclear bomb... and I think a vast majority of the American people probably wouldn't oppose that at all.

Hey, I have no problem with Ron Paul's position on Iraq. I'm just saying he has zero chance of getting the Republican nomination. Then what do we do? All of the other Republican candidates are firmly on record wanting an even greater escalation.

He has strong grass roots campaigns on his side. If he doesn't get the R's nod, then he may run as an Indi.

He hasn't failed to get the Republican nomination yet, therefore he hasn't been bombarded by an avalanche of responses from supporters begging him to run as an indepedent.

Paul prides himself on his consistency. I'd be very surprised to see him reverse course on this one.

He has strong grass roots campaigns on his side. If he doesn't get the R's nod, then he may run as an Indi.

I think that would be the most wonderful thing in the world. I really hope he does run as an Independent. I'll tell you this... he's way to level headed to be a Republican. :)

Werbung:
Back