1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Rumsfield Resigning

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by tater03, Nov 9, 2006.

1. tater03

tater03 Well-Known Member

Does anyone really think that Rumsfield resigning was his own decision? I really think it was long overdo, but I don't believe for a minute that he resigned willingly. I think he bacame the fall guy for Tuesday nights results. This is not to say that I think he shouldn't have resigned. I actually think this should have been done way before the elections.

2. Furious George

Furious George Well-Known Member

I think it has something to do with the Democrats vowing to launch extensive corruption investigations. I mean, this is the guy infamous [with the underground left primarily] for being in that picture with G. Bush 41, shaking Saddam Husseins hand. And in a twist of irony, Rumsfeld said today that first he went [when you resign, it's not really anyones fault but your own...] and now the troops are. While this statement is not only ignorant, it polarizes the ignorance of Bush and his cronies.

Source; http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...le&cid=1163026213065&call_pageid=968332188492