Russia Develops their first Stealth Bomber

as questerr said, telling the enemy we have sleath fighters and atomic bombs is not really leaking secrets. They're not stupid. They will already know, and even if they don't, its not like it gives them all the information to defeat/replicate the technology.

Werbung:
as questerr said, telling the enemy we have sleath fighters and atomic bombs is not really leaking secrets. They're not stupid. They will already know, and even if they don't, its not like it gives them all the information to defeat/replicate the technology.

Then how did the Nazis kept their secrets quiet during WWII? We didnt know anything about Auschwitz and Dachau killing 6 million jews until the war was over.Cause Hitler had the press disaplined. Hitler made sure the press print what theyre told to print. Unlike our Press print what they damn well want to print. But we must have certain LAWS on the press. The Press should be disaplined too. And Reinstate the old treason laws back on the books.

Imitation is the best form of flattery. The Russians have been copying everything we've done for decades. Remember the B1 bomber. Well their blackjack looks almost exactly like it. Remember our space shuttle. Their Buran looks identical. Sooner or later they were going to COPY our stealth technology. So now they have and we'll come up with something to counter that. The Soviets will spend the next 10 years sniffing through our garbage until they get that. Oh yeah, the Soviet Union never really fell, it just declared bankruptcy and is now beginning to come out of it.

-Castle

Oftentimes it was not imitation, it was deliberate theft. Soviet espionage (yes, during the McCarthy era) is widely documented. Sometimes media outlets had an uncomfortable enabling role in it.

But Steve, I don't see how merely reporting on the existence of technology equates handing that information over to the enemy. You cannot draw up functional design plans for a stealth bomber merely from hearing about the existence of one halfway across the world. It's not as if other countries were aware of the existence of that technology but were just holding back on developing their own until CNN alerted them to the fact that someone else beat them to it; that's just silly. "Treason laws" as you call them will result in virtually no convictions and will only enable the cult of victimhood that's already seized most of the left.

Oftentimes it was not imitation, it was deliberate theft. Soviet espionage (yes, during the McCarthy era) is widely documented. Sometimes media outlets had an uncomfortable enabling role in it.

But Steve, I don't see how merely reporting on the existence of technology equates handing that information over to the enemy. You cannot draw up functional design plans for a stealth bomber merely from hearing about the existence of one halfway across the world. It's not as if other countries were aware of the existence of that technology but were just holding back on developing their own until CNN alerted them to the fact that someone else beat them to it; that's just silly. "Treason laws" as you call them will result in virtually no convictions and will only enable the cult of victimhood that's already seized most of the left.
Agreed. deliberate theft is exactly what it was and still is with respect to the Soviet Union/Russia.
However, in the age of rampant Islamic terrorism, I find it extremely unwise to say the least for the press to provide everyone with complete and detailed aerial views of nuclear power plants and sea ports. Granted, this information is not classified and can be obtained with a little determination but I fail to see the rationalization for making their job that much easier.

-Castle

Then how did the Nazis kept their secrets quiet during WWII? We didnt know anything about Auschwitz and Dachau killing 6 million jews until the war was over.Cause Hitler had the press disaplined. Hitler made sure the press print what theyre told to print. Unlike our Press print what they damn well want to print. But we must have certain LAWS on the press. The Press should be disaplined too. And Reinstate the old treason laws back on the books.

You're missing the point. Saying, we have stealth bombers, gives away very little about how to create the technology, does it?

Saying the government is killing Jews in concentration camps gives people a bit more information about the governments secret.

Wow...just wow...

Steveox...have you ever really read anything historical?

See Thats another one the press leaked out on " Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier" That reporter should had been giving the Electric Chair for that.

Have you ever thought that we were in a race with the Russians to see who could create the first trans-sonic aircraft and we wanted to announce that we won?

The Russians already had jet aircraft and were already working on breaking the sound barrier. Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier on Oct. 14, 1947. The Russians broke it just over a year later using a completely different designed aircaft.

Look at the russians Military technology. And the Russians have built a more powerful faster nuclear missle so why hasnt america capitolize on that one? Wanna know why? PUTIN WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO SHARE THE INGREDIENTS INFO TO US! I gurantee you any russian who leaks thisd to us Putin is gonna have him or her executed.

The reason why we aren't developing a new weapon is because a) we don't need one. Stealth bombers and cruise missiles give us the power to strike with impunity. We don't need faster missiles because we don't have to avoid missile defenses. b) Congress won't support the creation of a new nuclear weapons fleet.

Do some research into the history of WW2 and you'll find that information was known about concentration camps during the war and many different groups tried to get Allied forces to focus their efforts against relieving them, but Allied planners were not entirely concerned with the non-military targets that the camps represented.

True, but when the NY Times reveal our terrorsit financial tracking program through SWIFT it removes a very useful tool in the fight against Islamic terrorism.

There is certainly a difference.

Agreed, USMC, the ways and means information being given out is incorrect and wrong to do. But the problem is that it is ussually leaked by government officials or given out openly in briefings by DOD officers.

This is why i want the old treason laws put right back on the books. So if you print em out your just dug your own grave.

Im Talking about that Atomic Bomb weapon was so kept secret that the press couldnt leak it out until the dropped in on Hiroshima. But the Rosenbergs gave the A Bomb ingredients to the Soviets. And Later they were both sent to the electric chair.

Right, but they actually handed over military secrets.

From what I can gather from the OP, no secrets were reported -- the gov't or whomever had already declassified the thing (going by the "Russia unveiled..." in the first sentence here). And it would appear it was a Russian news outlet that reported it, anyway, who would not therefore be subject to our laws.

So in short, it appears we have a foreign media outlet reporting on an announcement made by a foreign government -- not only is it not in our country, it wouldn't be treason even if it were.

I have not heard a convincing argument for why journalists should be arrested for treason for printing what the government obviously wants known enough to hold a demonstration or press conference about.

Imitation is the best form of flattery. The Russians have been copying everything we've done for decades. Remember the B1 bomber. Well their blackjack looks almost exactly like it. Remember our space shuttle. Their Buran looks identical. Sooner or later they were going to COPY our stealth technology. So now they have and we'll come up with something to counter that. The Soviets will spend the next 10 years sniffing through our garbage until they get that. Oh yeah, the Soviet Union never really fell, it just declared bankruptcy and is now beginning to come out of it.

-Castle

If I recall, Russia/Soviet Union led the way into space, has built some remarkable aircraft and tanks, and still is innovative when it comes to small arms. I think it is dangerous to discount others. I also think it is foolish to be confrontational with those who possess tha ability to wipe us out.

If I recall, Russia/Soviet Union led the way into space, has built some remarkable aircraft and tanks, and still is innovative when it comes to small arms. I think it is dangerous to discount others. I also think it is foolish to be confrontational with those who possess tha ability to wipe us out.

They did lead the way into space, but as the Cold War progressed their technology started to lag behind ours.

Don't get me wrong, the Russians have shown some damn fine ingenuity over the years, but if you were to reduce "technological advancement" to a line graph figure, ours would still be climbing faster than theirs. It's only natural for them (and just about everyone else) to copy the guys who are putting the stuff out faster.

Werbung:
Well Steve, Ill indulge you with a few facts. In the United States we have freedom of the press. Nuff Said. Laws restricting the freedom of press or speech are unconstitutional. bottom line. We didnt give the Russians stealth. It took them nearly 30 years to figure it out if the plane works as advertised. Also keep in mind this thing hasnt flown, hasnt even been built. All they have is a mock up. Once again though Steve, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Your suggestions here would eliminate your ability to spend countless hours online posting repeatitive posts with no real purpose. But hey it burned up 10minutes of my work day.

Back