Sarah Palin: McCain's Veep...

Sihouette

What I've been preaching all along is STRATEGY. Democrats are deaf to that. They are like starstruck children who think the golden fairy of "hope" will deliver them no matter how many minefields they have to walk through, on their own, to get there. Which is always what the GOP banks on and always what causes them to win...or nearly so..

Picking Obama was stupid. Obama not picking Hillary as VP was abysmally inane. In this most trying of elections the Clinton name was needed, not in some empty speech on unity, but in actual presence on our ticket. People who try to act like that isn't so are living in fairy land and are leading our party to its demise this November.

I thought Obama had it hard before. Now with Palen, a young, ballsy, appealing and competant woman on the opposing party ticket, you can kiss people who aren't as gung-ho opposed to BigOil's platform of expanding their empire goodbye. There are a lot of undecided Hillary voters from the West, the Midwest and the working-class states that Palin will undoubtedly appeal to. Women especially. And McSame picking her demonstrates the man knows what he's doing strategically...unlike Obama.

The correct strategic choice for the Obama ticket's VP was Hillary Clinton. As much as Obamabots love to say she was petty, in the end it was actually Obama's pettiness that killed our chances...

Now, the only correct strategy would be to attack the McCain/Palin alliance as a partnership to further the evil BigOil's empire-expansion project, of which Alaska's pristine wilderness is but an extension of the Iraq BigOil project..

Now, I've said that, no one will listen. They will continue on their magic carpet ride of "hope" that will take them to defeat this Fall.

Mark my words.. I'll still vote for obama/BIDEN, for what difference it will make, I don't have much hope. But you know me, I'm just a pessimist...right?

*waits to hear Topgun avidly defend stupidity*
:rolleyes:

Werbung:
lets see Biden who evryone likes, good attack guy, and more experiance then anyone, can crush in debates, and hits the working class midwest type

or CLinton...who would bring the right out like crazy, who has been tepid at times in her support of Obama, they dont like each other much, and her biggest thing she has done is, failed to get health care under her husband.

If something happened to Obama, Biden is the one I want steping in, not Clinton. Clinton has so high of negitives that my mom was going to vote McCain if she won, and thas very not like her.

Biden was a perfect choice. I prefer my VP to not be the the other side is useing in all there ads.

On to McCains pick.....sorry but I dont see he mad rush to support him from her....maybe cuz I know jack about her. Though republicans from Alaska seem to have a bad track record right now, but I need to see her or get more info on her to judge if she is a good choice for VP

It's very important to remember the bottom line about this or any other race for president: Numbers are all that matters. That and understanding what motivates people to vote the way they do.

Now we all meet here on this website and really get into the minutia of this or that concept affecting this or that policy; but I assure you we are in the vast minority of people who vote. Yes, that's right. Most voters think with their guts and not with their heads, sadly..

Palin will appeal to virtually all the GOP simply from the gut-appeal of her pro-life stance. Palin will appeal to MILLIONS of former Clinton supporters, simply from her appeal of having a chance at the Oval Office as a women: if not this time then absolutely the next time the office comes up for grabs again...she is so very young she is an easy shoe-in by that time for not only experience, but longevity and grit.

There are millions upon millions of undecided voters out there who think with their guts. She will get a HUGE slice of that pie. So simply do the math:

Virtually all the GOP votes in the country + a huge slice of millions of undecided voters formally pro-Clinton or anti-Obama (take your pick).

Add the numbers together and predict a prognosis for an obama/BIDEN win...

That's right Topgun...here's some kleenex....have a good cry honey. Don't get too bitter now, there's always next time around. Still though, Obama running against Palin in 8 years doesn't bode well for Obama. But who knows, he might have a chance against a younger, more experienced woman...

Irony is so interesting sometimes... :cool:

It's very important to remember the bottom line about this or any other race for president: Numbers are all that matters. That and understanding what motivates people to vote the way they do.

Now we all meet here on this website and really get into the minutia of this or that concept affecting this or that policy; but I assure you we are in the vast minority of people who vote. Yes, that's right. Most voters think with their guts and not with their heads, sadly..

Palin will appeal to virtually all the GOP simply from the gut-appeal of her pro-life stance. Palin will appeal to MILLIONS of former Clinton supporters, simply from her appeal of having a chance at the Oval Office as a women: if not this time then absolutely the next time the office comes up for grabs again...she is so very young she is an easy shoe-in by that time for not only experience, but longevity and grit.

There are millions upon millions of undecided voters out there who think with their guts. She will get a HUGE slice of that pie. So simply do the math:

Virtually all the GOP votes in the country + a huge slice of millions of undecided voters formally pro-Clinton or anti-Obama (take your pick).

That's right Topgun...here's some kleenex....have a good cry honey. Don't get too bitter now, there's always next time around. Still though, Obama running against Palin in 8 years doesn't bode well for Obama. But who knows, he might have a chance against a younger, more experienced woman...

Palin is strongly anti choice, though she will appeal to some just because she's a woman, I have a feeling her opposition to Roe V Wade will be a big obstacle to her attracting former Clinton voters. After all, when it gets down to it...it's all about the issues.

Also, give women some credit...you act like all women are suddenly going to vote for Palin just because of her gender. Women don't vote as a monolithic block anymore than men do.

Welcome back Sil. Hopefully you are doing ok health wise. I was just thinking the forum sure is missing it's insane conspiracy theory element.

Nevertheless you are always welcome here.
Feel free to go actually respond to the Why I Believer: Geothermal thread.

As to the topic at hand. This is either a brilliant move, or a super risky move. No one knows much about Palin. There isn't much of a record to follow. Thus there isn't much to critise, but at same time... there's not much to praise either. Even with Obama's short history, I can still see generally what his pathetic voting record is in the Senate.

Generally I think this is good because on the few issues that she has commented on, they are basically good Constitutional views. Although she has bought into the global warming crap, but hopefully not to much.

One noted difference, isn't it amazing how when you talk about what Democrats want, gender is apparently an important factor. Meanwhile repugs seem more concerned with issues. What does this say about the two parties?

Biden... oh ... honestly I could not have possible picked a better person to be VP for the democrats myself. Anyone else might have added to the ticket, but Biden. Biden is a gaffe machine, and loose cannon of the mouth, a free target for comedians across the country. This is the guy who in a town meeting, face to face with voters, told a guy that he was pretty sure his IQ was higher.

Granted Hillary would have been a million times worse. Hillary angers everyone everywhere. Again, I had a democrat here in Ohio, during the 2000 election, put a vote against Hillary sign in his yard in Ohio, when she was running for Senate in New York. That is some massive negatives. Plus I completely understand why Obama didn't pick her, simply because of how much they hate each other. Hillary would be undermining him at every turn. Hillary has quiet seething hatred for those that oppose her.

Palin is strongly anti choice,

Anti-murder, thank you.

though she will appeal to some just because she's a woman, I have a feeling her opposition to Roe V Wade will be a big obstacle to her attracting former Clinton voters. After all, when it gets down to it...it's all about the issues.

There is less than 1¢ of difference between Obama and Hillary. Yet there are Obama people who will refuse to vote for Hillary, and Hillary people who refuse to vote for Obama, even on this forum.

So how can you claim it's about the issues? That's almost humorous.

Also, give women some credit...you act like all women are suddenly going to vote for Palin just because of her gender. Women don't vote as a monolithic block anymore than men do.

But I'll never forget the people claiming that because Al Gore kissed his wife, they were convinced and would vote for him.

realy Millions will vote for McCain just to have a woman VP? thats rather pathetic of them if true. I wounder how many pro choice woman can vote pro life to say a woman was in power....to take away there right.

Welcome back Sil. Hopefully you are doing ok health wise. I was just thinking the forum sure is missing it's insane conspiracy theory element.

Nevertheless you are always welcome here.
Feel free to go actually respond to the Why I Believer: Geothermal thread.

As to the topic at hand. This is either a brilliant move, or a super risky move. No one knows much about Palin. There isn't much of a record to follow. Thus there isn't much to critise, but at same time... there's not much to praise either. Even with Obama's short history, I can still see generally what his pathetic voting record is in the Senate.

Generally I think this is good because on the few issues that she has commented on, they are basically good Constitutional views. Although she has bought into the global warming crap, but hopefully not to much.

One noted difference, isn't it amazing how when you talk about what Democrats want, gender is apparently an important factor. Meanwhile repugs seem more concerned with issues. What does this say about the two parties?

Biden... oh ... honestly I could not have possible picked a better person to be VP for the democrats myself. Anyone else might have added to the ticket, but Biden. Biden is a gaffe machine, and loose cannon of the mouth, a free target for comedians across the country. This is the guy who in a town meeting, face to face with voters, told a guy that he was pretty sure his IQ was higher.

Granted Hillary would have been a million times worse. Hillary angers everyone everywhere. Again, I had a democrat here in Ohio, during the 2000 election, put a vote against Hillary sign in his yard in Ohio, when she was running for Senate in New York. That is some massive negatives. Plus I completely understand why Obama didn't pick her, simply because of how much they hate each other. Hillary would be undermining him at every turn. Hillary has quiet seething hatred for those that oppose her.

and I bet his was higher, so your mad he told the truth? I want a man who speaks his mind, what do you want someone who tells you what you want?

Anti-murder, thank you.

There is less than 1¢ of difference between Obama and Hillary. Yet there are Obama people who will refuse to vote for Hillary, and Hillary people who refuse to vote for Obama, even on this forum.

So how can you claim it's about the issues? That's almost humorous.

But I'll never forget the people claiming that because Al Gore kissed his wife, they were convinced and would vote for him.

cuz we know the resons people voted for Bush where always so great....I know someone that voted for bush becuse he was pro choice.

If you read my former post carefully, you will note it isn't about what I want or don't want. It's about reality and the way people think with their gut and vote that way too. We mind-thinkers are in the minority. Would you care to debate whether or not that is true?

That's my point. We need to focus on

1. The math of who will make it to the polls AND

2. How the MAJORITY of those people think...NOT NECISSARILY how you and I think.

I do not like the fact that she is anti-abortion. And yet the other half of my mind realizes that this crew knows if they tamper with that issue too much, they'll risk losing in four years. So they are waving that flag now to rope in conservatives, but in practice, they know full-well to play their cards carefully over this political-killer issue..

Remember, they know Hilllary is out there lurking. And they have to get control of Congress too to really get their oligarchy back again. In four years if they F up, Clintons will retake the Whitehouse and their reign will prematurely end. NOT something BigOil wants. So no matter what they want to do, their overlords will instruct them NOT to push it with abortion.

As to the other issues of energy and economy? BigOil has the cash and that means controlling the control of information. Watch for big promotional ads on "clean coal" and "friendly, AMERICAN oil" "safe nuclear" etc. etc. etc.

And tons and tons of pro-Palin stuff. She's the new media doll. Bye bye Obama. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

That's why I said Obama's only hope now is to attack BigOil vigorously and get the populace on their sides with that. That is something people of all walks can really get convinced to get behind as the deciding factor of who walks into the Oval Office in 2009. It will make or break this campaign.

I know people who voted for Gore cause he kissed his wife. Which is actually a political issue?

she voted on one issue...and did not even get it right?

She voted for one issue, Pro Choice..and pics Bush...thats actuly even dumber to me.

and like I said before, more then a few people voted for bush becuse he was the one they wanted to hav a beer with....Americans are dumb on both sides, and sometimes I question if Democracy for them is realy a good idea.

Werbung:
Young and with a pro-active spirit - sounds like a good combination to me!

Pro gun with lifetime membership of the NRA and likes hunting moose.......seems her dad was a regular Elmer Fudd

Family lass with 5 kids....how she's had time god only knows!

Although some will probably say she is inexperienced at national level, well.....tough! She's run her state pretty well up to now and correct me if I'm wrong here but she has more executive authority in her job than all of the other candidates combined so any attack on her having a lack of experiance is not going to wash.

I imagine she'll see off Biden in the debates personally I see him as a journeyman politicain hiding behind bluster and not much else while she is young and has spirit. Youngest person and the first woman to have held that Governorship.

Pretty good choice if you ask me.....maybe they could slide her into the no. 1 job? McCain probably wouldn't notice!

AND...I like the fact that she's a son in the Military that' deploying to Iraq on 9/11 ....love the symbology

Back