Sarah Palin stumping for Saxby Chambliss

Werbung:
Because of the number of Blue Dog Democrats, a filibuster proof majority is largely a myth anyway. Mark my words, if Palin didn't think Chambliss was a sure thing (which he is) she wouldn't be down there...she'd be back in Alaska slaughtering wolves or having babies.
Popeye, I would recommend you give the she'd be slaughtering wolves routine a break. It is not as if she is out there doing it herself. There are plenty of us that would do it regardless.

Popeye, I would recommend you give the she'd be slaughtering wolves routine a break. It is not as if she is out there doing it herself. There are plenty of us that would do it regardless.

considering when you first posted about wolves being shot by plane BEFORE SHE WAS THE RUNNING MATE his only reply was, well things are differnt in Alaska

What this shows you is that Palin is being seen as the new Icon in the party. She brings the party together and people like her in the party.
So are you no longer a democrat then?
I know that they'll say crap about her experience, but our new president lacks more experience than her. That's why he got Hillary.... :D
Id still like to hear you explain this. I have asked before, but got no response.

The notion that Palin is more qualified to be President than Obama is a hallucination.

My issue with her is not one of experience. I DON'T think she brings people together, except for the core base of the Republican party. She actually did NOT bring new people to the party with her viewpoints. But...bring it on...I would love to have her run in 2012. She is so easily rattled when she veers away from her talking points, that it would be fun to watch.

I still find all of this talk of 2012 to be far, far to premature. She just came off a resounding nationwide defeat, where certainly a portion of the blame for that defeat lays on her shoulders.

Everyone is also overlooking that here at home, people's perception of her have changed. She has largely burned the democrats here who she has relied on to not only get her elected but to push her policy agendas.

She still has to get re-elected in 2010 here. That is not a foregone conclusion at this point.

Rob, and anyone else who reads this, those sort of comments are worthy of an immediate infraction. Please report them so they can be removed sooner and the necessary actions taken. Making sexual references towards children will not be tolerated here.

considering when you first posted about wolves being shot by plane BEFORE SHE WAS THE RUNNING MATE his only reply was, well things are differnt in Alaska

I know this, but kinda like plenty of other bogus claims about various candidates that are nothing but a cheap shot, seem to continue to have life. Despite every clear thinking person knowing otherwise.

As a side note, yes things are very different in Alaska when considering some things. Our management of natural resources being a major one. Wolves are no endangered in Alaska, and are a thread to property and public safety as well as a major competitor for critical subsistence resources. Ignoring the issues surrounding apex predators and humans is idiotic and likely to end in much worse situations.

I know this, but kinda like plenty of other bogus claims about various candidates that are nothing but a cheap shot, seem to continue to have life. Despite every clear thinking person knowing otherwise.

As a side note, yes things are very different in Alaska when considering some things. Our management of natural resources being a major one. Wolves are no endangered in Alaska, and are a thread to property and public safety as well as a major competitor for critical subsistence resources. Ignoring the issues surrounding apex predators and humans is idiotic and likely to end in much worse situations.

As you may know,172 scientists signed a letter to Palin, expressing concern about the lack of science behind Alaska's wolf killing operation. According to the scientists, state officials set population objectives for moose and caribou based on.... “unattainable, unsustainable historically high populations.” As a result, the “inadequately designed predator control programs” threatened the long term health of wolf populations.

Are they all lying? Perhaps the scientists are misinformed? I realize you live in Alaska, but from what I read your opinion on wolves is far from universally shared there. Is it not possible that Palin, with her $150 bounty on wolves program, is trying to artificially inflate the size of caribou and moose herds to satisfy not so much subsistence hunters but out of state trophy hunters?

http://www.alaskawolfkill.com/Palin_Letter.html

The notion that Palin is more qualified to be President than Obama is a hallucination.

Palin was running for Vice-President. All this talk of Biden bringing experience to the ticket as well is now out the window. Do you honestly believe that Clinton will not marginalize Biden in terms of foreign policy almost immediately?

So basically what we are left with is Obama and Clinton making the foreign policy decisions. I still personally would have preferred McCain and whoever he picked. On the bright side however, the Obama foreign policy team is anything but leftist, I would probably peg them as right of center in terms of foreign policy. It shows us pretty clearly that Obama is not going to change the overall foreign policy stance of the US very much.

Certainly speaks to your character at the very least.

It does. Almost as if I had spent lucrative amounts of money on extravagant attire to satisfy my commodity fetishism...no matter what external illusion of nobility that may create, that is a pure manifestation of moral peasantry.

Werbung:
Im only going to reply to this once, as it is getting off topic. The situation you are discussing is another subject altogether, there are other threads about it, or you can start a new one by all means with new information.
As you may know,172 scientists signed a letter to Palin, expressing concern about the lack of science behind Alaska's wolf killing operation. According to the scientists, state officials set population objectives for moose and caribou based on.... “unattainable, unsustainable historically high populations.” As a result, the “inadequately designed predator control programs” threatened the long term health of wolf populations.
A few things about this letter, the vast majority of "scientists" you mention are not Alaskan, and unable to fully understand the situation presented here to make a non-emotion based decision about predator control. You need to keep in mind Popeye, that there is are vast areas millions of acres where wolves are protected and cannot be hunted, where thier poppulations are left to nature entirely.
There are tens of thousands of wolves left to be wolves and for tourists to come here and take pictures of them and live in harmony with nature and blah blah blah.
The major factor you are failing to take into account and that is the human need factor which is entirely legitimate in most communities in AK. Wolves are a competitor for food, that thousands of Alaskans rely on for thier main protien source, second in coastal areas to salmon.

Are they all lying? Perhaps the scientists are misinformed?
No, we just disagree on what human factors need to be taken into account for some areas.
I realize you live in Alaska, but from what I read your opinion on wolves is far from universally shared there. Is it not possible that Palin, with her $150 bounty on wolves program, is trying to artificially inflate the size of caribou and moose herds to satisfy not so much subsistence hunters but out of state trophy hunters?
To adress the last sentence first, subsistence hunters are the focused beneficiary here, no question. The areas in question are closed to out of state hunters. These places are very remote, there are no roads within hundreds of miles, accessible only by small airplane.
As for Palin, she is in a long line of Governors of this state who support the practice. I am among the clear majority who voted so 8-26-08. With %55 percent seeing through the emotional arguments against killing all those innocent wolves.
When you see a full sized rotty get killed and dragged away with ease by a wolf, come talk to me. Or when you have a bear destroy your smoke house with you entire winters worth of salmon, hundreds of hours, and thousands of dollars spent, then we can talk about this. Until then, you simply wont understand. Just like I will never understand plenty of situations presented in a fast moving urban enviroment, such as a complete fear and panic about the presence of a gun.
My point in this whole exercise is that this is clearly a local issue. It needs to be left to local needs and decision makers. I dont give much of a damn about how anyone outside the impacted areas, because they are not impacted.
I wouldnt think about getting involved in such local issues, as I have said about ballot measure 8 in California.

Back