Sarah Palin stumping for Saxby Chambliss

Palin was running for Vice-President. All this talk of Biden bringing experience to the ticket as well is now out the window. Do you honestly believe that Clinton will not marginalize Biden in terms of foreign policy almost immediately?
LOL, no I dont think Biden will be marginalized by Clinton. I think it might be the opposite. Biden ensured he got elected, Clinton would have ensured his defeat. Personally, I would rather have had her doing something domestic, and have Richardson fill SecState, but I view Biden as among the most influential people to both Obama and Clinton when it comes to foreign policy. Biden knows the world better than either of them, possibly combined.
So basically what we are left with is Obama and Clinton making the foreign policy decisions. I still personally would have preferred McCain and whoever he picked. On the bright side however, the Obama foreign policy team is anything but leftist, I would probably peg them as right of center in terms of foreign policy. It shows us pretty clearly that Obama is not going to change the overall foreign policy stance of the US very much.
To address the original topic, which is the claim made by Calidem, being that Palin has more experience than Obama, which I conclude to mean she is somehow more qualified to be President. Which I reject outright when looking at thier respective resumes. I have asked before, and the question remains open, what makes Palin more qualified to be President than Obama(of course setting aside the clear defeat in the election)

Werbung:
Rob, and anyone else who reads this, those sort of comments are worthy of an immediate infraction. Please report them so they can be removed sooner and the necessary actions taken. Making sexual references towards children will not be tolerated here.

So generic insults can't be made toward public figures?

It does. Almost as if I had spent lucrative amounts of money on extravagant attire to satisfy my commodity fetishism...no matter what external illusion of nobility that may create, that is a pure manifestation of moral peasantry.

So obviously the logical response is to insult her children who had nothing to do with it. Makes a lot of sense.

LOL, no I dont think Biden will be marginalized by Clinton. I think it might be the opposite. Biden ensured he got elected, Clinton would have ensured his defeat.

I think Biden gets marginalized in terms of foreign policy. It does not matter who ensured who got elected, the election is over. With Clinton at State, there will either be a big Biden/Clinton clash, or one of them will get marginalized. My money is on Biden being the one cast aside.

Personally, I would rather have had her doing something domestic, and have Richardson fill SecState, but I view Biden as among the most influential people to both Obama and Clinton when it comes to foreign policy. Biden knows the world better than either of them, possibly combined.

I agree Biden has much experience, I just think the appointment of Clinton will marginalize his role in actual foreign policy creation.

To address the original topic, which is the claim made by Calidem, being that Palin has more experience than Obama, which I conclude to mean she is somehow more qualified to be President. Which I reject outright when looking at thier respective resumes. I have asked before, and the question remains open, what makes Palin more qualified to be President than Obama(of course setting aside the clear defeat in the election)

I would say Obama and Palin were somewhat equal in experience, each with a few pros and cons, but I think the whole point is off-base since McCain was the one running.

So obviously the logical response is to insult her children who had nothing to do with it. Makes a lot of sense.

Her kids are not public figures.

So the deletion was for an unfair attack? Is that right? I see plenty of unfair attacks on people that don't deserve it around here without deletion.

They're obviously "public figures" inasmuch as you're aware of their existence. The genuine attacks on Bristol Palin were unfair and unwarrranted, and a disgusting example of anti-youth bias in the media. My statement was a sarcastic response to something that NoObamaNation said.

So the deletion was for an unfair attack? Is that right? I see plenty of unfair attacks on people that don't deserve it around here without deletion.

I don't know what deletion you are talking about. I do think your comment, sarcastic or not, was a bit over the top however.

They're obviously "public figures" inasmuch as you're aware of their existence. The genuine attacks on Bristol Palin were unfair and unwarrranted, and a disgusting example of anti-youth bias in the media. My statement was a sarcastic response to something that NoObamaNation said.

I didn't say you were not entitled to say it, I just said it was not a very classy comment.

Outside of that, I agree that the attacks on Bristol Palin were unfair.

I don't know what deletion you are talking about. I do think your comment, sarcastic or not, was a bit over the top however.

Click on the quote, and see if you can find the comment. It's gone, but there has been a magical appearance of something else...an infraction, for "inappropriate language." Do we infract people for the use of generic insults such as "suck" and "blow" now by claiming that they're used in a sexual context, despite the fact that they clearly aren't? It was supposed to be over the top, precisely because it was a sarcastic and partially satirical comment. Did you interpret it as a serious analysis?

I didn't say you were not entitled to say it, I just said it was not a very classy comment.

Outside of that, I agree that the attacks on Bristol Palin were unfair.

It wasn't supposed to be classy. It was supposed to be satirical.

And many will wail that the attacks on Bristol Palin were unfair simply because she's connected to their preferred political candidate, yet no similar objections will arise against O'Lielly's trashing of Jamie Lynn Spears. There is no legitimate objection to the anti-youth bias in the media among most of the detractors of the coverage of Bristol Palin.

The same can be said about Barack Hussein Obama when he's not in front of a teleprompter...

Respectfully disagree. I think Obama comes across very very well in media interviews, and obviously the public agrees. At least he can probably tell the American people what he reads. Palin's "readiness to lead" poll numbers are very low, even among Republicans.

Popeye, I would recommend you give the she'd be slaughtering wolves routine a break. It is not as if she is out there doing it herself. There are plenty of us that would do it regardless.

Well said.:D

Living in Seattle or wherever Popeye lives is not the same as living in the wilderness, as people do in Alaska.

The media really blew up that issue among liberals and green peace enthusiasts. They wanted to portray her as a monster.

Respectfully disagree. I think Obama comes across very very well in media interviews, and obviously the public agrees. At least he can probably tell the American people what he reads. Palin's "readiness to lead" poll numbers are very low, even among Republicans.

He looked sharp when he was interviewed by CNN and all of his friends in the media. He didn't look too sharp when Bill O'reilley interviewed him...:D

Bill takes it easy on him at the begining...:rolleyes:

He looked sharp when he was interviewed by CNN and all of his friends in the media. He didn't look too sharp when Bill O'reilley interviewed him...:D

Bill takes it easy on him at the begining...:rolleyes:

Actually, I watched Obama on Bill O'Reilly and thought he came across incredibly well. I did think at times Bill was a little surprised. I guess you and I both see what we want to see though, as we both have obvious biases.

Even O'reilly has mentioned that he thought Obama was a brilliant guy but just didn't agree with him on some issues. I haven't heard anyone call Palin brilliant yet. I think that would be a huge stretch. I also think it's funny that you compare an Obama interview with an admitted adversary such as Bill O'Reilly to a benign interviewer like Katie Couric interviewing Sarah Palin. Goodness! None of the questions that Katie asked her should have stumped her like they did. An example of a few landmark Supreme Court decisions that she didn't agree with? Asking her what she read? C'mon. If Palin had been interviewed by someone like a left-wing version of O'Reilly, she would have looked like a Moose at a Palin family gathering.

Well said.:D

Living in Seattle or wherever Popeye lives is not the same as living in the wilderness, as people do in Alaska.

The media really blew up that issue among liberals and green peace enthusiasts. They wanted to portray her as a monster.

I don't live in the Seattle area, I'm about 100 miles south in rural Lewis Co...which has a population of about 75,000 in an area of 2436 sq miles. I have to drive almost 30 miles just to see a traffic light. In other words, get your facts straight before attempting to portray me as some sort of city dweller which I most definitely am not.

Actually you should be pleased, you and Palin have something in common...neither one of you knows what in the heck you're talking about.

Werbung:
I don't live in the Seattle area, I'm about 100 miles south in rural Lewis Co...which has a population of about 75,000 in an area of 2436 sq miles. I have to drive almost 30 miles just to see a traffic light. In other words, get your facts straight before attempting to portray me as some sort of city dweller which I most definitely am not.

Actually you should be pleased, you and Palin have something in common...neither one of you knows what in the heck you're talking about.

So you're saying you got wolves eating your poultry and your stock,or moose or cariboo where you live. That's why you're so fascinated in the killing of the wolves right....:rolleyes:

Back