Sarah Palin's Per Diem Addiction

Werbung:
This has been issue in Alaska in the past, but it is largely nothing.

When the Legislature is in session, she resides at the Governor's Mansion in Juneau.
While the Legs are out of session, she is staying at her Wasilla home, and doing any necessary administrative things from the Governor's office in Anchorage, a 40minute drive away. She probably also telecommutes when possible.

As for the costs associated with paying her a daily per diem from her time away from the Mansion in Juneau, it is actually cheaper this way, by a lot! She did away with the Governor's Chef, and a bunch of housekeeping staff that arent necessary when she isnt there. By law, all Governors are entitled to per diem when they are traveling.

As an Alaskan who has been critical of her on a few issues, this is not a big deal.

This has been issue in Alaska in the past, but it is largely nothing.

When the Legislature is in session, she resides at the Governor's Mansion in Juneau.
While the Legs are out of session, she is staying at her Wasilla home, and doing any necessary administrative things from the Governor's office in Anchorage, a 40minute drive away. She probably also telecommutes when possible.

As for the costs associated with paying her a daily per diem from her time away from the Mansion in Juneau, it is actually cheaper this way, by a lot! She did away with the Governor's Chef, and a bunch of housekeeping staff that arent necessary when she isnt there. By law, all Governors are entitled to per diem when they are traveling.

As an Alaskan who has been critical of her on a few issues, this is not a big deal.

Thanks for clearing that up Bunz, She could not take it still, but makes sense.

Thanks for clearing that up Bunz, She could not take it still, but makes sense.

Hey no problem. I am blown away at the things that have been said about Alaska and Sarah. I do try and clear things up a bit for the lower 48ers when I get a chance.

While she could not take the per diem at all, personally...I would. Under the law and all historic precedence, she is within line. She certainly spends as little time there as possible, but that is within her rights.

Thanks, Bunz, for the info regarding Alaska's governor.

I am another person who is worried about Palin's qualifications to be VP. Were she well read and well versed on the national and international issues, I would feel much better about her. It isn't a great confidence builder when a candidate has to be shielded from the press and tutored for a prolonged period -- and then still blows several interviews.

Had I been in the tank for McCain (and I was leaning toward him prior to Palin's selection), I would have crawled out of the tank after the Gibson and Couric interviews. She is just so blatantly not ready to be in a national executive political position that I cannot imagine what John McCain was thinking when he chose her.

Thanks, Bunz, for the info regarding Alaska's governor.

I am another person who is worried about Palin's qualifications to be VP. Were she well read and well versed on the national and international issues, I would feel much better about her. It isn't a great confidence builder when a candidate has to be shielded from the press and tutored for a prolonged period -- and then still blows several interviews.

Had I been in the tank for McCain (and I was leaning toward him prior to Palin's selection), I would have crawled out of the tank after the Gibson and Couric interviews. She is just so blatantly not ready to be in a national executive political position that I cannot imagine what John McCain was thinking when he chose her.

No worries,
Being someone that will call out both parties and praise them as well, despite being a left leaner, Sarah does alright as Governor, she has done some things that I disagree with considerably, but I would say I support her %60 of the time.

The notion though that she is VP material, is not something I fathom. Unfortunately for her, her antics on the national campaign trial arent doing much for her back home. Right now, I am not sure she would easily win re-election.

No worries,
Being someone that will call out both parties and praise them as well, despite being a left leaner, Sarah does alright as Governor, she has done some things that I disagree with considerably, but I would say I support her %60 of the time.

The notion though that she is VP material, is not something I fathom. Unfortunately for her, her antics on the national campaign trial arent doing much for her back home. Right now, I am not sure she would easily win re-election.

Funny how its just the liberals mostly on this thread , saying its not much of a issue...how often would you ever see that, a Obama or Biden attack where the Right just said it was dumb and unfounded ...lol

I'd take Palin over Obama any day... What's he gonna do when he meets Putin? Use his boyish charm? Beg him for mercy on us backward KKKapitalists?

I don't know what Palin's per diem is, was, or can be but... Obama's spent $1 million dollars a day in earmarks for the time he's been in office. I'm guessing Palin's per diem is much, much cheaper for the taxpayer.

Werbung:
No worries,

I also have concerns that having been tapped for the VP slot long before she was ready may well end Palin's political career in Alaska. I don't believe Palin realized what she was getting into when she took this on. Her approval rating in Alaska is now in the low 50s down from the 80s when she accepted the VP slot.

Back