Say Goodbye To Mrs. Sheehan

High school? I left high school, hitchhiked up north to protest the Vietnam War to give up a perspective on my age. And as far as this Hillary/Bill chidishness, I'm not a fan of either. But Mr. Clinton didn't invade Iraq on bogus, concocted evidence.

And now that Congress has requested we withdraw, what's stopping that? We can split hairs all night long and argue nomeclature, but meanwhile more younger people are dying over there. My daughter's husband and grandchildren's father, who happens to be about twelve years her junior, is stationed over there.

This isn't some gotcha on some banal Fox or MDNBC chattering propaganda show. This is real blood and guts life. I don't understand why all you believers in "Bush's War" haven't volunteered to go over there and help. Talk is cheap.
No, Clinton just Bombed the hell out Muslim countries until he incited 9/11.

If congress really wanted to end things, why didn't they vote to withhold all funding?? Hmmm??? That bill failed.

As far me volunteering to go over their, I'm a bit to aged to be joining the service, but I did my time overseas when I was younger.

Werbung:
Let's keep things in perspective. Hillary Clinton is 1 senator out of 100, and technically has 1/2 of 1/3 of 1% power that the president has. To say that she also voted for the war as a form of justification is a distortion of the facts.
And if you think for one minute that her speech didn't influence other senators, you might want to restart the pilot light in your brain, it obviously went out.

She was reacting to the same intel that everyone else was given by the white house.

Her only crime is that she actually trusted the Bush administration.

The President doesn't control the information available to the President. Congress can access any intelligence report they want. Congress can ask for testimony from anybody they see fit. They made the decision on their own. They came to the conslusion that the President did. That should tell everyone something.

The President doesn't control the information available to the President. Congress can access any intelligence report they want. Congress can ask for testimony from anybody they see fit. They made the decision on their own. They came to the conslusion that the President did. That should tell everyone something.

A. Congress does not have access to all the intelligence provided to the president.

B. How pathetic is it that your excuse is that after the President deceived the Congress and American people in the end it was the fault of the Congress for not checking all the facts on intelligence that they did not have access to...I think it's a tragedy that if our congress needs to constantly check everything the President says to make sure he isn't lying.

The problem is that here the President violated a fundamental trust between the President and the Congress. [You will say Clinton did the same thing. I would argue the difference being that Clinton's lie was a personal matter that had no place being discussed in the Government. Whatever. If you think that then either way you understand my perception of Bush's actions]. This is why the Congress is now trying to manage the war. They are backlashing against Presidential abuse of his station. This is a fundamental part of the checks and balances in the American government.

As for Sheehan, she symbolized every ignorant person who expressed a view on the war (for or against it). She should have stuck to her initial point. That she was standing there until the president would speak with her. The moment she started giving speeches she was sucked into the world of those who claim to be "liberals" but who in reality are just stupid.

A. Congress does not have access to all the intelligence provided to the president.

B. How pathetic is it that your excuse is that after the President deceived the Congress and American people in the end it was the fault of the Congress for not checking all the facts on intelligence that they did not have access to...I think it's a tragedy that if our congress needs to constantly check everything the President says to make sure he isn't lying.

The problem is that here the President violated a fundamental trust between the President and the Congress. [You will say Clinton did the same thing. I would argue the difference being that Clinton's lie was a personal matter that had no place being discussed in the Government. Whatever. If you think that then either way you understand my perception of Bush's actions]. This is why the Congress is now trying to manage the war. They are backlashing against Presidential abuse of his station. This is a fundamental part of the checks and balances in the American government.

As for Sheehan, she symbolized every ignorant person who expressed a view on the war (for or against it). She should have stuck to her initial point. That she was standing there until the president would speak with her. The moment she started giving speeches she was sucked into the world of those who claim to be "liberals" but who in reality are just stupid.

Point A is an outright lie. There are Senate and House intelligence committees for a reason. When someone is elected to public office, they are given TS/SCI clearance. When voting on a war based on this intelligence, they demonstrate a need to know. Those are the only 2 things necessary to view any classified intelligence report in this country.

If Bush came to one conclussion from the intelligence, don't blame him for the fact that Congress came to the same conclussion. If he influenced their decision making process, blame Congress for being too lazy to do their own research.

My problem with what Congress is doing is that they are overstepping their constitutional rights in checks and balances. As far as war is concerned, the only check and balance offered to Congress is the decleration of war. After that the war is to be handled by the commander in chief and his generals, not Congress.

The intelligence committees rely on the Adminstratively controlled intelligence agences (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) The heads of those agencies do what the President tells them to do. The same base deception given Congress was also parroted before the UN by Bush's liars.

The right to declare war also infers a right to end war. No doubt Congress has been derelict in that duty.

The intelligence committees rely on the Adminstratively controlled intelligence agences (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) The heads of those agencies do what the President tells them to do. The same base deception given Congress was also parroted before the UN by Bush's liars.

The right to declare war also infers a right to end war. No doubt Congress has been derelict in that duty.

Come on. Now youre just making crap up.

Sooo George Tenent, appointed by Clinton, was told to lie by Bush and he did??? James Woolsey agrees with him, did Clinton tell him to lie? And If Tenent was telling a lie, what makes you think Bush instructed him to do so?

MARK

Ms. Sheehan's son died for oil

She is probably the most self-center, self-serving individual I have ever seen. She dishonored the name of her son and all he died for her own selfish gains.

I disagree. Cindy Sheehan acted altruistically, sacrificing her own personal life, so that hopefully other young people wouldn't have to die for a bogus war which was launched to put more money into the pockets of the oil companies. Her son died for nothing except oil, she knew it, and she didn't want other mothers to go through what she had gone through. She tirelessly and selflessly campaigned to expose Bush for the liar that he is and to alert the American people that we are being lied to about the purpose for this war. That is hardly selfish of her.

Sooo George Tenent, appointed by Clinton, was told to lie by Bush and he did??? James Woolsey agrees with him, did Clinton tell him to lie? And If Tenent was telling a lie, what makes you think Bush instructed him to do so?

MARK

Tenet worked for Bush at the time. And since Bush and his team lied about a lot of the other intelligence they used to deceive Congress, the American people and the UN, nothing would surprise me.

it's all about the oil

I have served in Iraq AND Afghanistan,along with being in Desert Storm.
I was wounded in Iraq.
I believe in what we are doing in Iraq.

Do you have any more stupid statements about going to Iraq?

You believe in using our American troops to secure oil/wealth for Bush and Co.? That's all we're doing. That's all we've ever been doing over there. You don't really think it's about anything else, do you??????????????

Tenet worked for Bush at the time. And since Bush and his team lied about a lot of the other intelligence they used to deceive Congress, the American people and the UN, nothing would surprise me.

If what you were saying had any basis in reality, why would the administration allow any intelligence reports that disagree with their position to see the light of day? The fact that conflicting intelligence reports exist proves that one branch of government can't control the content of the intelligence reports they produce.

Werbung:
Prove that it's about oil.

This will do for starters. I know, I hear you protesting it's from a "leftie" site. Suck it up. http://www.populistamerica.com/revealed_why_your_sons_and_daughters_died_in_iraq

Think about it. Doesn't it make sense that we would go into Iraq for a profit of 25 TRILLION dollars? It wasn't about 9-11 -- Iraq didn't have connection to 9-11. It certainly wasn't about doing a benevolent deed of getting rid of a horrible dictator, and you're a fool if you believe that. It wasn't about WMD. It was ALWAYS about the oil. But go drink some more Kool Aid, and maybe you can still convince yourself that it's about all these other naive reasons you seem to believe in.

I don't have the time nor inclination to "prove that it's about oil," but it seems to me the figures speak for themselves.

Back