Scary if true

dogtowner

Staff member
read

Its an op ed piece so apply salt as needed

title
Bankers Get $4 Trillion Gift From Barney Frank: David Reilly

for starters (way too much to post)

To close out 2009, I decided to do something I bet no member of Congress has done -- actually read from cover to cover one of the pieces of sweeping legislation bouncing around Capitol Hill.
Hunkering down by the fire, I snuggled up with H.R. 4173, the financial-reform legislation passed earlier this month by the House of Representatives. The Senate has yet to pass its own reform plan. The baby of Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, the House bill is meant to address everything from too-big-to-fail banks to asleep-at-the-switch credit-ratings companies to the protection of consumers from greedy lenders.
I quickly discovered why members of Congress rarely read legislation like this. At 1,279 pages, the “Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act” is a real slog. And yes, I plowed through all those pages. (Memo to Chairman Frank: “ystem” at line 14, page 258 is missing the first “s”.)
The reading was especially painful since this reform sausage is stuffed with more gristle than meat. At least, that is, if you are a taxpayer hoping the bailout train is coming to a halt.
If you’re a banker, the bill is tastier. While banks opposed the legislation, they should cheer for its passage by the full Congress in the New Year: There are huge giveaways insuring the government will again rescue banks and Wall Street if the need arises.
Nuggets Gleaned
Here are some of the nuggets I gleaned from days spent reading Frank’s handiwork:
-- For all its heft, the bill doesn’t once mention the words “too-big-to-fail,” the main issue confronting the financial system. Admitting you have a problem, as any 12- stepper knows, is the crucial first step toward recovery.
-- Instead, it supports the biggest banks. It authorizes Federal Reserve banks to provide as much as $4 trillion in emergency funding the next time Wall Street crashes. So much for “no-more-bailouts” talk. That is more than twice what the Fed pumped into markets this time around. The size of the fund makes the bribes in the Senate’s health-care bill look minuscule.
-- Oh, hold on, the Federal Reserve and Treasury Secretary can’t authorize these funds unless “there is at least a 99 percent likelihood that all funds and interest will be paid back.” Too bad the same models used to foresee the housing meltdown probably will be used to predict this likelihood as well.

Werbung:
Yeah saw that up on Drudge. Barney Fag sure is taking care of the bankers. These Dems are so corrupt and yet the media yawns. Had an R done this the media and Dems would be screaming...

Yeah saw that up on Drudge. Barney Fag sure is taking care of the bankers. These Dems are so corrupt and yet the media yawns. Had an R done this the media and Dems would be screaming...
Awwwwwwwwww.....still upset about the Tea-Baggers gettin' hustled....or, the fact Porky Rove might be "comin'-out", soon?????

"They say that there is no smoke without fire and stories linking senior members of the Bush administration with homosexual circles continue to circulate."

:p

"They say that there is no smoke without fire and stories linking senior members of the Bush administration with homosexual circles continue to circulate."

Lol. So I guess it can either be assumed that politics makes men homosexual, homosexuals are "drawn" to be politicians, or that all men are potentially queer.

Scary if true. Lol.

Say, GIPPER; is that last trip to outer Siberia worn off so quickly, is that lobotomy session slipping/fading away this fast...hmmm

On behalf of my gay friends/family members please don't use that extremely vulgar word...there's no need to talk like that, very-very beneath you to say things of that gutter speak :mad:

He's a crook and I think the people that keep voting this piece of garbage back into public office should be taxed up the wazooooo until he is not voted back

Say, GIPPER; is that last trip to outer Siberia worn off so quickly, is that lobotomy session slipping/fading away this fast...hmmm

On behalf of my gay friends/family members please don't use that extremely vulgar word...there's no need to talk like that, very-very beneath you to say things of that gutter speak :mad:

I find your concern about my language quite amusing. Having seen many of your vulgar posts, I need to pick up the pace to catch you.

Tell me is it better to refer to Barney as a queer or is fag better?

He's a crook and I think the people that keep voting this piece of garbage back into public office should be taxed up the wazooooo until he is not voted back

hum... Taxachustsus... they're trying, not working so well ;)

that's a weird state a hundred years of Kennedy's but a Romney too. I'll never figure the joint out.

I find your concern about my language quite amusing. Having seen many of your vulgar posts, I need to pick up the pace to catch you.

its situational I think. My cousin's homosexual daughter refers to herself as a dyke. Go figure....

Probably like how its ok if black people (generally brown in my experience) refer to themselves as the ubiquitous "n-word" but God forbid anyone else do so.

Try as you might to defame my language usage...you'll never find a post where I've dropped to the level that you have but you seem to find comfort down there by using such 'gutter speak' so sludge ahead as you've proven your quite capable of...it just proves your I.Q. level and I had such hopes for your ability to evolve:cool:

I think fag is a bad word because of how it came to refere to homosexuals.

People used to say put another fag on the fire (meaning a bundle of sticks)
When they started calling homosexuals fags its because they were under their breath meaning put them on the fire and burn them. So its not a good word.

As for barney, I think banking queen fits best. Rush has some guy do songs for him and they did one about barney as banking queen that I thought was very funny.

Werbung:
Back