Schools equate Christianity to Terrorism

Does anyone here doubt that Hitler and Mussolini were practising Roman Catholics?

Yeah, I'll throw it out there that I doubt that. And in fact I'll throw it out there that Hitler was pretty un-Catholic; can't speak for Mussolini because I've never studied him in any depth, but I can quite confidently say that Hitler was about as Catholic as Martin Luther - although they had different ideas about what was wrong with the religion.

Werbung:
Well, I guess if you count every vandalism or bombing of abortion clinics AND you just assume that they are Christians, you could be right. I dont believe there have been ANY attacks this century. In the last 50 years there have been 4?-5? deaths at the hands of so called Christian terrorists. in the last 7 years there have been 3000 deaths at the hands of Muslim terrorists.
MARK

How conveniently you forget about all the Christian attacks on black people--can you say "lynching"?--and what about all the beatings, rapes, and murders of gay, lesbian, and transgendered people--all justified in some twisted way by the Christian Holy Book. Maybe killing queers doesn't seem like terrorism to you but it does to us. It's all a matter of perspective, members of Islam probably don't see their attacks on us as terrorism, but we do. Even the most casual examination of Christian history will reveal that Christians have been visiting Hell on Earth on people they don't like--including each other--for nearly 2000 years. Islam didn't run the Inquisition, Islam wasn't responsible for the Dark Ages, and it wasn't Islamic crazies that burned 10's of thousands of women at the stake over a 500 year period all across Europe.

And I'll bet--just a guess on my part really--that the thousands of Iraqi civilians (the women and children at the very least) whose country has been bombed into the stoneage probably view us "Christians" as terrorists.

Does anyone here doubt that Hitler and Mussolini were practising Roman Catholics?
Hitler was born into a Catholic family, but he specifically rejected Catholicism and rejected Christianity in general as well.

Mare Tranquillity said:
How conveniently you forget about all the Christian attacks on black people--can you say "lynching"?--and what about all the beatings, rapes, and murders of gay, lesbian, and transgendered people--all justified in some twisted way by the Christian Holy Book. Maybe killing queers doesn't seem like terrorism to you but it does to us. It's all a matter of perspective, members of Islam probably don't see their attacks on us as terrorism, but we do. Even the most casual examination of Christian history will reveal that Christians have been visiting Hell on Earth on people they don't like--including each other--for nearly 2000 years. Islam didn't run the Inquisition, Islam wasn't responsible for the Dark Ages, and it wasn't Islamic crazies that burned 10's of thousands of women at the stake over a 500 year period all across Europe.

And I'll bet--just a guess on my part really--that the thousands of Iraqi civilians (the women and children at the very least) whose country has been bombed into the stoneage probably view us "Christians" as terrorists.
Ya see, this is what I love. Christians over the last 2000 years have done some regrettable things in the name of Christianity. Of this there is no debate. So based on this fact, am I somehow barred from expressing a critical opinion of current Islamic extremists because I happen to be Christian? So we're supposed to give Islamic terrorism a pass now because we used to be rather savage too? Hmmm......you'll have to do better than this before you make a self hating radical Muslim apologist Christian out of me.

-Castle

Ya see, this is what I love. Christians over the last 2000 years have done some regrettable things in the name of Christianity. Of this there is no debate. So based on this fact, am I somehow barred from expressing a critical opinion of current Islamic extremists because I happen to be Christian? So we're supposed to give Islamic terrorism a pass now because we used to be rather savage too? Hmmm......you'll have to do better than this before you make a self hating radical Muslim apologist Christian out of me.

-Castle

Well said.

Western society is becoming increasingly unreligious, that what gets to your core most Justinian. You can't handle it because someone did a very good job absoloutley brainwashing you into total belief and you can't imagine a world without it. It scares the crap out of you that people don't want to believe and follow what you follow.

Hmmm...
"New Crusaders" "fundamentalist" "prayer in school"
Sounds pretty generic actually. Could apply to Christianity, Islam, or any other religious sect. No one specifically said "christian". Sounds more like they were just trying to add a generic homegrown flavor.
Probably would have been better to use a made up religion... but then people would still be complaining because it makes religion sound bad.

The logic behind being offended is pretty silly though.
"The fictional bad guys are Christian... therefore it's sending the message that Christians are evil!"
Puh-leeze.
That's like saying:
"The villain in the book we read in English class was white. Therefore the message is whites are evil!"

The school avoided using Muslims because they knew so close to after 9/11, such a stunt would only increase the stigma on Muslim Americans and anyone else who lools like them because that group was already stigmatized with a terrorist image. Christians have no such stigma and no one would start going nuts and beating up Christians over the stunt they went with.
Unfortunately they forgot that these days Christians are being raised by their organizations to see every single thing that pops up anywhere as an attack on Christianity!

I get the feeling that Christians don't actually learn anything in school. They're so concerned with content like whether Christianity is presented nicely enough that they never seem to get the actual point of the assignment.
Hopefully as the political machines like the Christian Coalition die off, we'll see less of this Christian paranoia.

“members of a right-wing fundamentalist group called the ‘New Crusaders’ who do not believe in separation of church and state.” The storyline also says the mock terrorists were angry because the daughter of one gunman was expelled from school for praying in class. The drill “specified that two armed men invade the high school . . . shoot several students in the hallways, then barricade themselves in the media center with 10 student hostages.”

That paragraph describe Christians, how again? Is it the word "Crusaders" that gives them the Christian title? I think that word has a broader meaning today than it did a thousand years ago, don't you?

So what if they were depicted as Christian? (they weren't, at least not directly).
The point of the exercise was to train the kids in how to act in the event of a terrorist attack. The brand of terrorist is really immaterial here. Oh, and if you think Christian terrorism in America is an absurd idea, I suggest you check out the documentary "Jesus Camp" on Google or YouTube...

So what if they were depicted as Christian? (they weren't, at least not directly).
The point of the exercise was to train the kids in how to act in the event of a terrorist attack. The brand of terrorist is really immaterial here. Oh, and if you think Christian terrorism in America is an absurd idea, I suggest you check out the documentary "Jesus Camp" on Google or YouTube...

Good post mustard.

I wish I could see your avatar better.

Good post mustard.

I wish I could see your avatar better.

It's from a skit on Mr. Show. You can find it on youtube. It's part two of three; the first is "mayostard" and the third is "mustmayostardayonnaise". Check it out it's a classic!:D :D

Remember the fundamentalist Christian feels the NEED to feel persecuted. I've no prob with christians mind you. Just the retard fundies who have no grasp on the sciences or logic what so ever. Christianity is not a bad religion, but unfortunately we have a large population of sheeple with no real self-thought.

Werbung:
Remember the fundamentalist Christian feels the NEED to feel persecuted. I've no prob with christians mind you. Just the retard fundies who have no grasp on the sciences or logic what so ever. Christianity is not a bad religion, but unfortunately we have a large population of sheeple with no real self-thought.

I've only met one fundamentalist Christian in my nineteen and a half years of existence. I'm pretty sure he had some form of brain damage, too, so I'm not sure he counts.

Then again, I don't venture out of New England very often, so I guess that isn't too surprising.

I'd like to meet Fred Phelps. That might be interesting.

Back