1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Scores dead as Israel attacks Gaza

Discussion in 'World Politics' started by The Scotsman, Dec 27, 2008.

1. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

Has the time come to consider whether Isreal is a really a strategic asset to the US or a liability. In this post-cold war era I think Israel is a liability as it has little to offer the US except offering distractions to a nascent US Government like the above. The US establishment has better things to occupy its time without trying to herd adolescent idiots in Israel.

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I heard about it on the radio this morning, The news is not really talking about it though

from what I heard so far they got attacked again early this AM and said thats it and did a much larger counter attack.

I dont know what else they can do, I understand non military people died and that sucks bad.

as for the USA defending Israel. That all ends January 20th 2009.

3. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Why do you place onus on the Israelis rather than the Palestinians? Because the Israelis killed more people? If Hamas had not launched rockets into Israel (cause), Israel would not have counter attacked (effect). Palestine needs only to control Hamas and keep them from attacking Israel, then there would be "peace" between the two countries.

While I don't agree with the Israeli policy of settlements, I do think Israel has a right to exist and they would live in peace if their neighbors stopped attacking them.

4. Pandora

If there was a body count done, Hamas has killed more Israelis with suicide bombers on busses and in cafe's and the like. And I know of no time that they did not start it. Hamas kills 80 in a cafe' then Israel targets a known Hamas hide out and kills 10 in a targeted bombing. And it goes on and on like that. I hope Israel never just lays down and dies to please nay sayers.

5. Dawkinsrocks

Dawkinsrocks Well-Known Member

NoObamanation, the US has killed hundreds of thousands of non military people in Iraq.

And it provides the money, weapons and support for Israel to do this kind of thing

6. Pandora

I do not think you are accurate but I don’t think that you care that you are not accurate so it’s pointless to go further with you on Iraq.

You need not worry, Israel will be hung out to dry in just a few weeks and the States will join the Europeans with more aid and comfort to the terrorists than the victims of the terror.

And only about 49 percent of the country will give a crap about it!

7. The Scotsman

.........A very good question..... IMHO the Israeli people and their politicians fight on two primary fronts - with themselves and with the world. If as much effort was expended in examining their own internal problems as was expended by their military, intelligence services and lobby groups fighting with the outside world then their struggles in understanding the interactions and relationships with their neighbours may well be a little easier.

All the while they are fighting amongst themselves they have the comfort that their big brothers in the US and the political clout held in the UN will not find sanction against them thus they are free to continue their little petty internal squabbles and struggles. The palestinians merely know how to prod a running sore and keep the blood flowing, the aim of the Palestinian attacks are designed to inflame the passions of the hardliners in Israel and thus keep the moderates at bay. If there is no conflict there is no money, charity or pity for Palestine.

8. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Im not going to bother in taking sides on this action as of yet, despite Israel probably having plenty of reason for thier actions concerning thier own security in the face on many rockets being fired directly after a signed cease fire had been agreed to...
    I ask in all sincerety to anyone who would like to chime in, I have long thought about the centuries ongoing conflict between the Muslims and Jews, that it could probably be solved by pork.
    I am not talking about government expenditures, but the actual consuming of the meat.

When two major religions/cultures deny themselves the greatness of bacon, only bad can happen. If we could just have a major pig roast, a lasting peace might be on hand. Folks, I think center cut pork chops might just be the answer.

9. numinus

numinus New Member

I do not see why the international community wishes to deal with failed states and expect anything good can come out of it. And make no mistake, the palestinian authority is a failed state.

10. The Scotsman

Israel pounds Gaza for second day

And the fun continues..........:rolleyes:

11. The Scotsman

Do you think that maybe this "crisis" has been manufactured? I mean to say 50 rockets launched and a couple of Israelis dead neccessitates the killing of 250 ragheads? Does that not strike one as being a bit disproportionate!

Anyway the approval for the strikes would have had to come from the White House which again begs the question of why now? Is this intended to send a message to Mr. Obama and his relationship with Israel........ with an economic crisis at home and Obama spending billions on propping up the domestic economy don't you think Israel would be getting more than slightly worried! Israel only exists because of the money donated by the US so my take on this whole affair is quite simple. Israel is sending a message to Obama using a few pipe rockets launched by raghead nutters as leverage to secure its share of the US tax dollar in order to maintain its own existance.

12. Dawkinsrocks

Dawkinsrocks Well-Known Member

The Israelis are always manufacturing reasons to attack Palestine.

Israel is a terrorist state

13. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

Let's just load some KC-135 Stratotankers with pigfat and fly 'em over to... "fertilize" the entire region--then they won't be fighting over it.:eek:

That'd be a new twist on the old phrase "gave 'em a real porking"...

14. Pandora

Do you think they have a right to exist?

15. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

They have a right to exist but they don't have a right to murder innocent civilians.