Scotland: if the UK leave the EU....

Werbung:
I agree it wil be hard for Scotland to join Europe alone. Unless they could become back door way for England to trade with Europe through Scotland

I don't think even she knows what she's talking about to be honest. She's saying she will do whatever it takes to still be part of the EU but doesn't want to create a border between Scotland and the UK and won't, and she won't allow Scotland to be forced into taking the Euro.

Well those to points are key in Scotland rejoining so if she won't accept them, first of all she won't be joining the EU, and secondly, that's not exactly doing everything possible then is it...

She is making herself look even more stupid by trying to do this; we all know she will do what she can do make Scotland independent, but Scotland alone will be very poor.

The EU doesn't need Scotland, and Scotland is part of the UK, therefore she has to try and leave the UK first. The Scots voted to stay a part of the UK, so again, why another referendum? Suddenly people want them all of the time and the Scots hadn't had one for centuries.

Good luck to her legal advisors to finding a loophole, but ask the Scots a different question; remain in the EU alone or within the UK? Most won't want it to be alone, because they will have pay the EU out of their own pocket.

She is making herself look even more stupid by trying to do this; we all know she will do what she can do make Scotland independent, but Scotland alone will be very poor.

The EU doesn't need Scotland, and Scotland is part of the UK, therefore she has to try and leave the UK first. The Scots voted to stay a part of the UK, so again, why another referendum? Suddenly people want them all of the time and the Scots hadn't had one for centuries.

Good luck to her legal advisors to finding a loophole, but ask the Scots a different question; remain in the EU alone or within the UK? Most won't want it to be alone, because they will have pay the EU out of their own pocket.

Now the remain campaign is saying that Trident is another nail in the coffin for Scotland and if the UK passes the bill to update it's nuclear weapons programme, then that will be another factor why the people of Scotland will want to leave the UK as it's and I quote "one of the most important things that the majority of Scottish people don't want".

Well I know a lot of Scottish people and I have to say that I don't actually know one of them that would put Trident as an important factor in wanting to leave the UK, so I'm not sure who she is referring to when she says "the majority".

Now the remain campaign is saying that Trident is another nail in the coffin for Scotland and if the UK passes the bill to update it's nuclear weapons programme, then that will be another factor why the people of Scotland will want to leave the UK as it's and I quote "one of the most important things that the majority of Scottish people don't want".

Well I know a lot of Scottish people and I have to say that I don't actually know one of them that would put Trident as an important factor in wanting to leave the UK, so I'm not sure who she is referring to when she says "the majority".

Yes, Sturgeon does come up with vague statements which is why no one really takes any notice of her. The Scots care about money and benefits, because without those they have no quality of life.

I'm not sure many even understand or know Trident is to be honest, so again she speaks with no validity.

I think that ultimately, Scotland being a part of the EU would be more beneficial to them than just being a part of GB as a whole. England can afford to be on its own, but Scotland seems to get an unfair shake economically and support wise being a part of GB, especially if it means they have to be excluded from the EU entirely to do so. Does anyone think that GB will put up a huge fuss letting go of Scotland? Do you think it could even escalate into military action?
I don't think it would escalate to the point of military action towards Scotland. I think there are some people in England who would prefer Scotland not to be a part of Great Britain. I don't think they would hold on very tightly to Scotland. Of course this isn't everyone, just some.

I'm sure everything will be sorted out democratically.Scotland is capable of independence and I think it would be a good move for England too.

Scotland won't be leaving the UK and the likelihood of another referendum is remote. They can see the issues with Brexit, so how can one tiny under funded country cope if they were to be independent. You can't pick and choose the bits you want, it's all or nothing.

Some think they can keep the NHS and as for a Scottish army, I doubt they have enough men, as many are old farmers in the Highlands. It's not practical or realistic.

I don't think it would escalate to the point of military action towards Scotland. I think there are some people in England who would prefer Scotland not to be a part of Great Britain. I don't think they would hold on very tightly to Scotland. Of course this isn't everyone, just some.

I see no reason why Scotland and England should be joined. However, I think the desire for independence has always been stronger in Ireland than Scotland. Ultimately, the joining of Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and England was nothing more than plain old imperalism from the start. What could be some possible reasons why the nations would want to be joined, apart from economic reasons?

I see no reason why Scotland and England should be joined. However, I think the desire for independence has always been stronger in Ireland than Scotland. Ultimately, the joining of Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and England was nothing more than plain old imperalism from the start. What could be some possible reasons why the nations would want to be joined, apart from economic reasons?

Economic reasons says it all, basically because Wales, Scotland, and N. Ireland know they need the economic infrastructure. Independence means that people will be poorer, there will be no welfare assistance, free education, free healthcare, social housing. Isn't that enough to make them want to stay?

Economic reasons says it all, basically because Wales, Scotland, and N. Ireland know they need the economic infrastructure. Independence means that people will be poorer, there will be no welfare assistance, free education, free healthcare, social housing. Isn't that enough to make them want to stay?

That's the same reason Puerto Rico, the Northern Marianas, and possibly Hawaii stay with the US. On a base level, the people in those lands view white and black Americans as foreigners. Nonetheless, there are way too many benefits to be lost to possibly leave.

Many people complain about empire, but honestly a lot of ordinary people as well as corporations benefit heavily from imperialism. Actually, people in the lands I mentioned are often the most patriotic because the ties to the US has given them so much opportunity.

That's the same reason Puerto Rico, the Northern Marianas, and possibly Hawaii stay with the US. On a base level, the people in those lands view white and black Americans as foreigners. Nonetheless, there are way too many benefits to be lost to possibly leave.

Many people complain about empire, but honestly a lot of ordinary people as well as corporations benefit heavily from imperialism. Actually, people in the lands I mentioned are often the most patriotic because the ties to the US has given them so much opportunity.

Basically the Scots know what side their bread is buttered; they like having a passport where they can travel nearly anywhere, free and decent healthcare is hard to come by and especially for the elderly who can't afford it, and so much public transport is subsidized especially in the remote areas where the councils have zero funds.

If they left the UK, Scotland would go back to how life was a century ago, and even now many places still struggle to have broadband and cellphone reception.

Scotland couldn't survive without England.
The EU commission has already said they wouldn't accept Scotland without England as they have nothing to give back to the EU.
Sturgeon is like a annoying little lapdog that won't shut up - if they are Scottish MP's - they should stay in Scotland.
I hope they do leave England - lets see where:
  1. The money comes from - thats English money the Sterling (we'll have that back)
  2. If free prescriptions still run
Please leave. :giggle:

Werbung:
Scotland couldn't survive without England.
The EU commission has already said they wouldn't accept Scotland without England as they have nothing to give back to the EU.
Sturgeon is like a annoying little lapdog that won't shut up - if they are Scottish MP's - they should stay in Scotland.
I hope they do leave England - lets see where:
  1. The money comes from - thats English money the Sterling (we'll have that back)
  2. If free prescriptions still run
Please leave. :giggle:
Don't forget, they have what oil there is.

Back