Scott McClelland admits Bush administration lied on Iraq

top gun

WOW! New book out by former Bush press secretary Scott McClelland blows the lid off the Bush cover ups. Admitting the administration distorted & lied on a regular basis even on the major issue of IRAQ!

Everybody go out and get the book and I'm sure there will be a lot of coverage on the News.

From lying us into Iraq to the CIA agent Valerie Plame outing now comes the truth many have expected all along. No way can we continue on this path with John McCain President Bush's new best friend!

Here's just a small tease...

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Scott McClelland, "What Happened"
Publisher Public Affairs offers an excerpt from Scott McClelland's new book about his tenure as George II's Press Secretary

The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.
There was one problem. It was not true.

I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President's chief of staff, and the president himself.

Werbung:
In an March interview with CNN's Larry King, McClellan said that if he knew now what he knew then, he wouldn't have issued the reassurances to the press, and suggested that he believed that both he and the president were misled by advisers — indicating that while the president passed on bad information, he didn't do it knowingly.

King asked McClellan if he was lied to, and McClellan responded:

"Well, Larry, I said what I believed to be true at the time. It was also what the president believed to be true at the time based on assurances that we were both given. Knowing what I know today, I would have never said that back then."

No big deal. I'm over it already.

So were supposed to believe that a self-confessed liar is telling the truth NOW? :D

As they say in Texas, that dog won't hunt. :)

The "bush lied" mantra of the foaming-at-the-mouth appeaser leftwing remains as unproven as the first time it was said.

So were supposed to believe that a self-confessed liar is telling the truth NOW? :D

As they say in Texas, that dog won't hunt. :)

The "bush lied" mantra of the foaming-at-the-mouth appeaser leftwing remains as unproven as the first time it was said.

actually he said he never lied, but rather was pissed he was lied to and thus repeated the lies.

But the typical response so just about every Bush Cabinet member or higher up to leave office ( aside from those forced out) is to Bash them when they leave. Only way to leave and keep Bush Supporters happy is to be Removed, then put in Jail, then have Bush pardon you for no reason.

actually he said he never lied, but rather was pissed he was lied to and thus repeated the lies.

But the typical response so just about every Bush Cabinet member or higher up to leave office ( aside from those forced out) is to Bash them when they leave. Only way to leave and keep Bush Supporters happy is to be Removed, then put in Jail, then have Bush pardon you for no reason.

No actually, he lied and admitted it. From his book:

The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby. There was one problem.
It was not true.

I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President's chief of staff, and the president himself.

why is it all the former Bush people leave and then say how bad it is? Why cant they grow a pair and say it while in office and not wait for a book deal to say it?

Certainly does raise some questions doesnt it. A Republican is a Republican I guess. I wont buy the book as I dont want to put a nickel in his pocket. But either way, it is consistent with the things that other staffers have said after they left the administration, Powell being another. One has to think working in the Executive Branch is similar to serving in the military. One takes orders and follows them. Any dissent is a sure way to ensure losing ones job.

I also found it interesting the things he said about the CIA leak case and Hurricane Katrina as well.

In an March interview with CNN's Larry King, McClellan said that if he knew now what he knew then, he wouldn't have issued the reassurances to the press, and suggested that he believed that both he and the president were misled by advisers — indicating that while the president passed on bad information, he didn't do it knowingly.

King asked McClellan if he was lied to, and McClellan responded:

"Well, Larry, I said what I believed to be true at the time. It was also what the president believed to be true at the time based on assurances that we were both given. Knowing what I know today, I would have never said that back then."

No big deal. I'm over it already.

Well part of that is true and is in the book also. But that doesn't help this administrations out at all.

Because McCellan even on the issues he now reveals that he was put out to lie about, even the ones he continues to believe that President Bush had "limited" knowledge of... ROVE, LIBBY and Vice President CHENEY were the orchestrator's of those lies as well!:eek:

Pointing out that much like the Reagan Iran Contra Arms for Hostages deal that there was some thinly veiled "plausible deniability" worked in doesn't exactly inspire confidence... if you know what I mean.

In fact having a trusted insider like Press Secretary McClellan come forward like this invokes memories of John Dean in the Watergate investigation.

It's fair to say this is very bad news for Republicans, George Bush and the Bush administration anyway you cut it!

why is it all the former Bush people leave and then say how bad it is? Why cant they grow a pair and say it while in office and not wait for a book deal to say it?

Don't we all wish that were the case! A lot of GREAT YOUNG MEN DEAD... HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FLUSHED DOWN THE DRAIN.

I understand that it's hard to be a whistle blowers when you're getting that big paycheck and hanging around that close to power. I'm sure it's very intimidating as well.

At least the guy didn't keep it 'till the grave. I can appreciate that.

Certainly does raise some questions doesnt it. A Republican is a Republican I guess. I wont buy the book as I dont want to put a nickel in his pocket. But either way, it is consistent with the things that other staffers have said after they left the administration, Powell being another. One has to think working in the Executive Branch is similar to serving in the military. One takes orders and follows them. Any dissent is a sure way to ensure losing ones job.

I also found it interesting the things he said about the CIA leak case and Hurricane Katrina as well.

You know what really pisses me off about all this, as a Democrat? Pelosi taking impeachment off the table. WTF was she thinking??:confused:

Bush/Cheney should have been gone a long time ago.

Werbung:
I think the book news story here is that Scott McClellan wrote a book.

I mean jesus, it means the man's finally learned to, y'know, communicate.

Back