Scott McClelland admits Bush administration lied on Iraq

I think the book news story here is that Scott McClellan wrote a book.

I mean jesus, it means the man's finally learned to, y'know, communicate.

He's finally FREE to communicate, more accurately..:cool:

Werbung:
Certainly does raise some questions doesnt it. A Republican is a Republican I guess. I wont buy the book as I dont want to put a nickel in his pocket. But either way, it is consistent with the things that other staffers have said after they left the administration, Powell being another. One has to think working in the Executive Branch is similar to serving in the military. One takes orders and follows them. Any dissent is a sure way to ensure losing ones job.

I also found it interesting the things he said about the CIA leak case and Hurricane Katrina as well.

I am not going to buy it,but I work at a book store so I can just take the dust jacket off and take it home , read it, and bring it back :)

I can just see the White House Briefing....and then in the middle he just snaps..." My God you idiots, don't you see they are full of it? I mean really...Ask me a good question or something. This is all worthless Fluff and you guys eat it up. Really I can't stand to work with these people one more day screw you guys...I'm going Home...

I am not going to buy it,but I work at a book store so I can just take the dust jacket off and take it home , read it, and bring it back :)

I think I'll wait for the paperback version to come out, or go to Borders and read it there. They've got comfortable chairs there..:cool:

why is it all the former Bush people leave and then say how bad it is? Why cant they grow a pair and say it while in office and not wait for a book deal to say it?

You just stumbled upon the truth. It is because, the books are simply lies/distortions/smears, to get money and attention.

The more I learn about our government, the more my right eye twitches.

Now perhaps you understand why I'm against all taxes (you want these people with your money? I don't). Or why I am against government controlled health care (you trust them to run a hospital when they can't run anything else?). In fact I'm against them doing anything but what the constitution mandates, namely defense of the nation. That is the one thing they are supposed to do, and they can barely handle that.

Don't let them screw anything else up. Keep your money away from them.

You know what really pisses me off about all this, as a Democrat? Pelosi taking impeachment off the table. WTF was she thinking??:confused:

Bush/Cheney should have been gone a long time ago.

She did it because SHE'S in contact with reality. :D

The leftwing can repeat their "Bush lied" mantra all day and night on the internet, because in this country we have free speech, even for fools and liars. Being the one to have PROVE it, and made to look a fool when you CAN'T, is another thing entirely, as Pelosi well knows. ;)

She did it because SHE'S in contact with reality. :D

The leftwing can repeat their "Bush lied" mantra all day and night on the internet, because in this country we have free speech, even for fools and liars. Being the one to have PROVE it, and made to look a fool when you CAN'T, is another thing entirely, as Pelosi well knows. ;)

Your own posts seem to effectively make your point about free speech even being for "fools and liars.."Congrats.:cool:

No rebuttal of the post - why are you so afraid to engage in debate?

Rebuttal of WHAT? You haven't SAID anything that makes any sense, or is of any import. I haven't seen any evidence so far that you are capable of doing so. All you do is spout nonsense. What's to rebut? Not much, that I can see.. If there was, I'd be among the first to do so.

Are you the 'village idiot' around here? That's how it's starting to look. :D

Rebuttal of WHAT? You haven't SAID anything that makes any sense, or is of any import. I haven't seen any evidence so far that you are capable of doing so. All you do is spout nonsense. What's to rebut? Not much, that I can see.. If there was, I'd be among the first to do so.

Are you the 'village idiot' around here? That's how it's starting to look. :D

It's all your fault for letting facts get in the way... don't you know that vet? :)

I'll engage you with some topical relevant discussion...

It's one thing when your opposition accuses you of major wrong doing... that's what the opposition does.

It one thing when someone gets into legal trouble and they squeal to try and get themselves off... that's self serving self preservation.

But this Scott McClelland thing has got to hit hard with Independents. I mean this is an inside guy basically saying...

The Bush administration has been lying to you all along. Bush, Cheney, Rove and Libby all deceitful and full of fraud and trickery. Iraq was a homemade lie from the start. CIA agent Plame did get outed from inside the administration. The New Orleans "fly over" picture was a calculated Karl Rove "fake look of concerned" manufactured photo-op and on & on...

This story is in SUPER HEAVY ROTATION on all the cable news channels and the morning shows are really into it too... and you know Scott McClelland will be doing the political shows & talk show circuit. So this will be around for awhile.

So here's my question... Don't you think this is the kind of bad publicity that really sticks in voters heads. Like the Watergate investigation did or for that matter like Clinton's affair did?

I think this is that quiet torpedo type of issue that you really don't know just how bad people perceive it and then the election comes and BOOM!!! What do you think?

sidebar: vietvet screen name... Thanks for your service my friend! That's the only good thing about this occupation in Iraq. People have finally found a way to support the troops and still fight against those who sent them into battle unwisely & deceitfully.

It's all your fault for letting facts get in the way... don't you know that vet? :)

I'll engage you with some topical relevant discussion...

It's one thing when your opposition accuses you of major wrong doing... that's what the opposition does.

It one thing when someone gets into legal trouble and they squeal to try and get themselves off... that's self serving self preservation.

But this Scott McClelland thing has got to hit hard with Independents. I mean this is an inside guy basically saying...

The Bush administration has been lying to you all along. Bush, Cheney, Rove and Libby all deceitful and full of fraud and trickery. Iraq was a homemade lie from the start. CIA agent Plame did get outed from inside the administration. The New Orleans "fly over" picture was a calculated Karl Rove "fake look of concerned" manufactured photo-op and on & on...

This story is in SUPER HEAVY ROTATION on all the cable news channels and the morning shows are really into it too... and you know Scott McClelland will be doing the political shows & talk show circuit. So this will be around for awhile.

So here's my question... Don't you think this is the kind of bad publicity that really sticks in voters heads. Like the Watergate investigation did or for that matter like Clinton's affair did?

I think this is that quiet torpedo type of issue that you really don't know just how bad people perceive it and then the election comes and BOOM!!! What do you think?

sidebar: vietvet screen name... Thanks for your service my friend! That's the only good thing about this occupation in Iraq. People have finally found a way to support the troops and still fight against those who sent them into battle unwisely & deceitfully.

Thanks for a well thought out and topically relevant post, top Gun. very refreshing. To answer your reference to my screen name first, yes, I'm a Vietnam vet, and have seen the results of war up close and personal, having served as a medic. I'm probably one of the most anti-war mfckers you'll ever meet. I'm also a strong advocate for vets of all wars, and "chickenhawks"disgust me. I believe war should ALWAYS be a last resort,only if all else fails.I appreciate your thanks, buddy.:cool:

I'm watching "Hardball" as I'm typing this, and Matthews just finished raking Ari Fleitcher over the coals for repeating WH talking points..I think it's going to be tough for McCain to sell the war after this, as if it's not already hard enough for him. I don't know about you, but I ALWAYS thought Bushco lied about intelligence reports and "cooked the books" because they were dead-set on getting rid of Saddam, one way or the other. It seemed pretty obvious to many of us, even way back then. I'm not claiming to be some kind of genius or anything, but I STILL can't understand how so many people were conned into buying what they were selling. This book should help to remove all doubt, except for the 20% or so who would believe that the earth is flat if Bush/Cheney told them so..

I don't think this book, in and of itself, will be enough to bring the Republicans down any further, because they are already down, but added to everything else that's been happening, with the economy drifting into recession, the war dragging on with no end in sight, people struggling to make ends meet, and Bush at the lowest approval rating ever, it could well be enough to seal Obama's election, and bring our Senate majority to 60-40 or so. So much for the better,imho..

November can't get here soon enough, for me.

Werbung:
For the record, the CIA, MI6 and Russian Intelligence all confirmed that Iraq had WMD's in the pre-war period. A huge intelligence failure, yes, a lie, how do you look past all these groups telling you this and ignore it? Bush did what he had given the info he had. I for one am glad he has fortitude to at least stand with his decision unlike half the Senate who are trying to backtrack from their votes now.

Further, why are we still talking about this. The real issue is not how we got in Iraq, the issue is that we are there and we cannot leave. A pullout (as proposed by Obama) will destabilize the entire Middle East (which will further wreck the price of oil). This is the issue, not how we got there.

Back