Sean Hannity is an idiot

Werbung:
I did not get it ? Why is he an idiot?

the person who feeds the camera put in the wrong video and then he had to read what Obama had said about tires. I think what Obama said about tires and tune ups were silly.

I mean yes we should all keep our tires properly inflated and have regular tune ups but it would not save us as much, Obama was wrong and I think it showed how silly he is.

Can you type for me the part I missed because I missed something in your post :(

remember I am just a conservative so you might have to spell out out better for me than you would a lib :)

I did not get it ? Why is he an idiot?

the person who feeds the camera put in the wrong video and then he had to read what Obama had said about tires. I think what Obama said about tires and tune ups were silly.

I mean yes we should all keep our tires properly inflated and have regular tune ups but it would not save us as much, Obama was wrong and I think it showed how silly he is.

Can you type for me the part I missed because I missed something in your post :(

remember I am just a conservative so you might have to spell out out better for me than you would a lib :)

then I guess you know nothing about cars. The Amount of gas saved each year just by running cars efficently IE running well, and on tires inflated to the amount they should be, would save alot of money. I know some on the right thing all these little things are nothing, but I will give you a example from a real world company who used just little things like this ( though not this exact thing ) to save on gas.

UPS set up a rout system designed to make as few left turns as possible, and always go right when possble. The Savings for UPS useing this and package flow system (I belive the system they use for route making) was aruond 3million bucks in fuel last year. 3million, 4 bucks a gallon, thats big money.

Proper inflation of tires , can improve your mpg over 3% thats why tire and car manufactures have those set PSI ratings on the tires. Thats why Nascar and racing put so much into what PSI to run knowing the higher they go , the better mpg they get,but at a point it cost turning and makes it more likey to burst. This type of stuff realy has effect in the winter in the cold areas where your psi drops alot with cold dips.

Also to act like that was his whole policy , is being dumb or means you are just playing politics and know that what you are saying is faulse but just want to attack Obama.

then I guess you know nothing about cars. The Amount of gas saved each year just by running cars efficently IE running well, and on tires inflated to the amount they should be, would save alot of money. I know some on the right thing all these little things are nothing, but I will give you a example from a real world company who used just little things like this ( though not this exact thing ) to save on gas.

UPS set up a rout system designed to make as few left turns as possible, and always go right when possble. The Savings for UPS useing this and package flow system (I belive the system they use for route making) was aruond 3million bucks in fuel last year. 3million, 4 bucks a gallon, thats big money.

Proper inflation of tires , can improve your mpg over 3% thats why tire and car manufactures have those set PSI ratings on the tires. Thats why Nascar and racing put so much into what PSI to run knowing the higher they go , the better mpg they get,but at a point it cost turning and makes it more likey to burst. This type of stuff realy has effect in the winter in the cold areas where your psi drops alot with cold dips.

Also to act like that was his whole policy , is being dumb or means you are just playing politics and know that what you are saying is faulse but just want to attack Obama.

NO ONE would disagree that we should do both those things, keep proper air in the tires and have regular tune ups. Obama said it would save enough money in gas to equal out the high price. and it would be as effective as drilling. that is just silly even if I dont work on cars!

Since when is it the government's job to tell me I have to keep my tires inflated? People can do that on their own, and if they do not want to, it is their money they are spending for the gasoline.

Drill here, drill now, pay less.

Yes, that should fit on the average bumper sticker. Nice and short, a really simplistic solution to a complex problem, something that people will buy into, something that won't work (even if it might help in the long run.)

Keep your tires inflated and get a tune up. Nope, that's too long to fit on a bumper sticker. It does qualify, however, as a nice, simplistic solution to a complex problem. It's someting that people will buy into, something that won't work (even though it might help).

Go all out to find and exploit new energy resources, alternative energy, coal gasification, nuclear electricity, solar, and whatever else we can, along with any measures that can be taken to conserve energy, in order to become energy independent and quit sending billions in oil money to people who wish us dead.

Nope. That doesn't fit on a bumper sticker. I'm afraid it is way too complex to qualify as the simplistic quick fix that people seem to want.

Hannity really is an idiot. He should have pointed out that this was the VERY FIRST suggestion Obama has made that DIDN'T involve the need for Higher Taxes, Bigger Government and Less personal Freedom. If Tires and Tuneups can really help, lets encourage people to do it. As PLC said, we need to do everything.

There is also a false perception that Republicans are saying that drilling is the answer, they are not. The Republicans are the party of "Do Everything" and the Democrats are the party of "Do only these things". Democrat policies will yield LESS energy than those of the Republicans and the biggest difference is in the willingness to drill and expand Domestic Fossil supplies.

Thats why they have "Drill here, Drill Now, Pay Less." Thats the biggest area of policy difference between the two parties and now even Obama is looking at the polls and realizing that he needs to be open for drilling. Yet another politically expedient "policy adjustment" (AKA Flip-Flop) on Obama's part.

NO ONE would disagree that we should do both those things, keep proper air in the tires and have regular tune ups. Obama said it would save enough money in gas to equal out the high price. and it would be as effective as drilling. that is just silly even if I dont work on cars!

a 3mpg bump in average mpg of the US fleet would be more then Anwar, and using less has a lot of other good things for it as well.

Also the quote part was the inflate you tires and tune ups , he did not say that Obama actuly said and that will equal offshore drilling...but its Fox and they like to make you think that.

a 3mpg bump in average mpg of the US fleet would be more then Anwar, and using less has a lot of other good things for it as well.

Also the quote part was the inflate you tires and tune ups , he did not say that Obama actuly said and that will equal offshore drilling...And I did not see anything that showed Obama even said any of it, since they did not even show the right clip ( but I am sure McCain loved that his Oil Policy was attacked on accident by Fixed News.

A typical tune up will cost what? Let us assume that it only costs $100.

There are about 140,000,000 cars in the United States. Given this, to get a tune-up for all the cars out there we will need to spend 14,000,000,000. Most estimates that I have seen for a full tuneup (depending on what you need) will run closer to a couple hundred dollars.

Add to that the countless number of people who will simply not go get a tuneup because they cannot afford it. If they cannot afford gas, they certainly will not be wanting to spend a few hundred on a tune-up to get an extra 3 MPG.

A typical tune up will cost what? Let us assume that it only costs $100.

There are about 140,000,000 cars in the United States. Given this, to get a tune-up for all the cars out there we will need to spend 14,000,000,000. Most estimates that I have seen for a full tuneup (depending on what you need) will run closer to a couple hundred dollars.

Add to that the countless number of people who will simply not go get a tuneup because they cannot afford it. If they cannot afford gas, they certainly will not be wanting to spend a few hundred on a tune-up to get an extra 3 MPG.

first not evryone needs a tune up , many cars have those covered by warranty, and or are new enough to not need them for quite some time. Next you can do alot of it yourself. Check your sparkplugs, change your oil when its needed, and and do some basic maintince. If you cant pay for those things. you can say all you want about they dont have the money for 100 bucks for a tune up to say 3mpg....if tahts true then they very clearly are nite driving very much at all anyway.

25 miles per gal, 15,000 miles a year , cost =2400 a year at 4bucks a gal
28 miles per gal, 15,000 miles a year , cost =2142
savings
258 bucks...for something you should be doing anyway. If you cant afford those cost and to keep your car running, maybe you paid to much for your car and should budget better.

Also whats the cost of checking your tires and useing the free air thing at the gas station? thats right I belive its still at Zero.

And I did not even factor in the fact that if you dont take care of your car, You will in fact pay far far more later when you need to repair it. So tune it up when needed, and you save money and use less gas.

And if if you want to go by shop costs well then a oil change can be 30 bucks...real cost if you do it yoruself is nothing close to that price.

first not evryone needs a tune up , many cars have those covered by warranty, and or are new enough to not need them for quite some time. Next you can do alot of it yourself. Check your sparkplugs, change your oil when its needed, and and do some basic maintince. If you cant pay for those things. you can say all you want about they dont have the money for 100 bucks for a tune up to say 3mpg....if tahts true then they very clearly are nite driving very much at all anyway.

25 miles per gal, 15,000 miles a year , cost =2400 a year at 4bucks a gal
28 miles per gal, 15,000 miles a year , cost =2142
savings
258 bucks...for something you should be doing anyway. If you cant afford those cost and to keep your car running, maybe you paid to much for your car and should budget better.

Also whats the cost of checking your tires and useing the free air thing at the gas station? thats right I belive its still at Zero.

And I did not even factor in the fact that if you dont take care of your car, You will in fact pay far far more later when you need to repair it. So tune it up when needed, and you save money and use less gas.

And if if you want to go by shop costs well then a oil change can be 30 bucks...real cost if you do it yoruself is nothing close to that price.

How many of the people who are really hurting due to the price of gas have warranties covering their cars? Many of them most likely are driving older, used automobiles. Many times people forgo the extended warranties due to their cost as well.

I think that many people are also driving their cars in the city, where you are not going to get 25 miles per gallon. The cost will be higher I think than what you listed per year. But I agree in principle.

That said, you will be hard pressed to tell someone to stop driving because they cannot afford a tuneup even if they do indeed need to budget better.

I agree that air is still free, and is more of a safety issue for most people.

I also think that many people who are really hurting with the price of gasoline, are not going to look at a tune-up expense as putting off a repair bill. They are going to need all the money they can get right now, and just have to hope for the best with the repair bill.

I do not disagree with you, people need to take care of their cars, but many people will simply put it off or not have the time.

Actually, it cost me three quarters the last time I aired up my tires. That's a whole 75 cents!

It is a good investment, and needs to be done every couple of months or so, more often when the weather turns cooler.

That's right, science students, gasses tend to occupy less space when they cool off, and so there is less volume of air in tires as the fall progresses, even if the weight is the same.

Around here, gas is cheap That's right, it's really too cheap.

I mean, sure, there is a lot of bellyaching about paying $4.50, now dropping to $4.10 or so, at the pump.

But, most people who have an IQ over room temperature know that most vehicle's gas consumption goes up radically once you get over a blazing 50 MPH or so. Once you get over 70, then that big SUV really takes a thirsty gulp.

So, if gas is expensive, and if gas mileage is less at higher speeds, why do I get tailgated in the fast lane at 70? I mean, not just sometimes, but every time?

Even when the speed limit drops to 65.

And, why is it that a steady stream of cars goes by my little 4 cyl. Camry when I set the cruise at 70 and stay to the right?

The same thing happens in my big, thirsty 4x4, too.

Gas must be too cheap. It's the only logical explanation.

Werbung:
Actually, it cost me three quarters the last time I aired up my tires. That's a whole 75 cents!

It is a good investment, and needs to be done every couple of months or so, more often when the weather turns cooler.

That's right, science students, gasses tend to occupy less space when they cool off, and so there is less volume of air in tires as the fall progresses, even if the weight is the same.

Around here, gas is cheap That's right, it's really too cheap.

I mean, sure, there is a lot of bellyaching about paying $4.50, now dropping to $4.10 or so, at the pump.

But, most people who have an IQ over room temperature know that most vehicle's gas consumption goes up radically once you get over a blazing 50 MPH or so. Once you get over 70, then that big SUV really takes a thirsty gulp.

So, if gas is expensive, and if gas mileage is less at higher speeds, why do I get tailgated in the fast lane at 70? I mean, not just sometimes, but every time?

Even when the speed limit drops to 65.

And, why is it that a steady stream of cars goes by my little 4 cyl. Camry when I set the cruise at 70 and stay to the right?

The same thing happens in my big, thirsty 4x4, too.

Gas must be too cheap. It's the only logical explanation.

Only $3.68 where my parents live.

Back