Seating new Mass. Senator "may take weeks"

Little-Acorn

...especially if it's a Republican who gets more of the people's votes.

In that happens, does anyone here expect the Democrats to obey the will of the voters? :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/13/AR2010011302542.html

Seating Mass. Senate winner could be delayed

By GLEN JOHNSON
The Associated Press
Wednesday, January 13, 2010; 1:09 PM

BOSTON -- Massachusetts' top election official says it could take weeks to certify the results of next week's Senate special election, a delay that could help President Barack Obama pass his health care bill if the Republican wins.

Obama's health overhaul needs 60 Senate votes to pass, including 58 Democrats and two Independents. Interim Massachusetts Sen. Paul Kirk, a Democrat, would vote for the overhaul. Republican Scott Brown has said he would vote to kill it. Democrat Martha Coakley and independent candidate Joseph L. Kennedy are also running in Tuesday's election.

Secretary of State William Galvin says state law gives cities and towns up to 15 days to certify their results.

Democrats hope to get the overhaul passed before Obama's State of the Union address, perhaps in early February

Werbung:
I sense an interesting duel here between the Senate and the Commonwealth of MASS.

The bill is not progressing quickly and the president is causing that in part.

What irony it would be if the former Kennedy Family Seat upended this.

I sense an interesting duel here between the Senate and the Commonwealth of MASS.

The bill is not progressing quickly and the president is causing that in part.

What irony it would be if the former Kennedy Family Seat upended this.

Best news is, the method Pelosi and Reid are using to "reconcile" the House and Senate versions (ping-ponging the Senate bill back and forth instead of going into committee where Republicans might have a chance to acutally discuss it) is drawing out the process, to the point where a new Massachusettes Senator might have a vote on the final outcome.

Best news is, the method Pelosi and Reid are using to "reconcile" the House and Senate versions (ping-ponging the Senate bill back and forth instead of going into committee where Republicans might have a chance to acutally discuss it) is drawing out the process, to the point where a new Massachusetts Senator might have a vote on the final outcome.

And Obama is helpping draw it out as well. And something tells me the GOP has a fwe parlamentary tricks up their sleeves as well.

That 60th vote may very well not be there.

Werbung:
And Obama is helpping draw it out as well. And something tells me the GOP has a fwe parlamentary tricks up their sleeves as well.

That 60th vote may very well not be there.

The 60th might not be there because Democrats in the Senate are not going to like what Leftist Democrats in the House want to include back into the final legislation.

Back