1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Second Life could become dangerous locale

Discussion in 'World Politics' started by rmarin, May 15, 2007.

1. rmarin

rmarin New Member

British legal experts question whether the lax oversight of the online community Second Life could potentially create a haven for criminals and terrorists.

A report from Britain's Fraud Advisory Panel found that the limited regulations within the "virtual online community" could lead to money launderers and terrorists using it as a crime locale

www.theabsenteeballot.com

2. 9sublime

9sublime Active Member

I read this in the paper the other day. Its not really a big issue, most of these problems can be fixed by adding in some more laws and rules to the virtual world.

3. rmarin

rmarin New Member

Everything can be fixed. But are they going to do it?

4. Clampdown on the internet coming soon to a country near you

5. 9sublime

9sublime Active Member

Its a virtual game for crying out loud roker. I'm all for relaxing what people tell me I can and can't do but this isn't a website which contains facts and figures or knowledge the government don't want us to have, its a game being exploited by criminals.

6. pedephillia is the trojan horse of the internet clampdown that and my space youll see

7. 9sublime

9sublime Active Member

Its not a peadaphilia issue on second life, its a money laundering one. Maybe you should have read some articles on it.

8. rejs7

rejs7 New Member

Second life is a perfect target for this as it won't require too much hard work on the part of the criminal - even if there is a clamp down what is stopping a person having multiple accounts, and creating a web through which they can transfer the money?

Same goes for any MMPOG that uses real money.