See a Smoker? Dial 9-1-1

Its more than for your own good. Its for the good of everyone around you (whom have an increased risk of cancer just being around a smoker) and its for the good of the country (because they pay your medical bills when you retire with lung cancer).

If people wanted to sign away their rights to state funded medical care, and didnt smoke within breathing distance of other people (further than you'd think) I'd be all for letting them smoke themselves into an early death. As long as it impacts others so significantly however, that is not a good option.

Werbung:
I agree with you, Framed. There is a big difference between someone who smokes and someone only hurting themselves but, we needn't be fanatical about it. 911 for smoking is fantical. I would hate to find out that the reason the police were slow to repond my being violently attacked was because they were responding to a smoking call.

I think this is a bit too strong of a reaction to smoking. As if there aren’t enough people using the 9-1-1 lines for actual emergencies. Come on now, all this is going to do is slow response times for actual crimes and medical emergencies. This is ridiculous if you ask me.

Werbung:
Now, if they could just come up with a law againt the public showing of buttcrack, all would be well.

Here, here! I totally agree. There's nothing worse than that, except for being in line in a fast food place and the person in front of you having their thong straps showing over the tops of their waistband. Yech!

Back