self-heating meals...

I was in the Army. I never made it out of Basic due to medical conditions (or so the Army says). At first it was hard and frightening, but you adjust and it became easier.

I joined up to be a calvary scout (19D, for all you MOS freaks out there). Basic was going to be 16 weeks long (I think the Marines are 13 weeks).

I got out a year before 9/11 happened and the division I was going into suffered medium to heavy casualties.

I am not really sure it changed any of my political viewpoints in the long term. Jim can verify that I was overwhemingly patriotic to the point of insanity when I was sent home.

When I was getting ready to be sent home, I was placed into another company. Due to the free time we had there, I found that there was an abudance of racists. I was bunking in one room that was pretty diverse and 4 weeks later I was the only white guy in the room. After a week my roommates apparently had a problem with me. They dragged me and my stuff into another room.

When you live with a massive amount of racists, you sometimes can't help but say something you wouldn't normally say. I found myself having a hard time watching my words, because I knew I would regret saying something horrible.

Other than that crisis, I found the Army to be about brotherhood and working as a team to achieve a goal.

Now lets get back to self heating meals!

Werbung:
Well then, maybe people will buy these self-heating meals for the amusement factor. :)

Now, see, I'm one of those people. I love gadgets and new and unusual things so I was interested as soon as I saw the meals had that feature. On the other hand, I find food that doesn't have to be preserved or refrigerated kind of scary. :)

I dont think it will do away with the microwave... but does give some campers options if they don't want to do up a fire but want a hot meal :)

Werbung:
My dad likes to use MRE's when we go camping. If these meals are like that, then yeah they're find for camping or when you're in a fix, but not all the time. And at $8 a pop? That would have been way too expensive for me while I was in college (just a couple of years ago). I lived off ramen noodles and the McDonald's $1 menu when I wasn't eating at the cafeteria. If I was going to spend $8, it was going to be at a real restaurant or at the movies.

Back