Senator Caroline Kennedy???

You know what! you're right! She deserves it. Let's do it now. After all, she probabbly paid good money for it, chaneling her money into Obama's election.

After all, that is Chicago style politics....:D

I was watching Chris Mathews last night and the suggestion was that naming Caroline senator was all but a done deal.

Don't feel bad, your party of disgraced Republicans might come back in power someday. Of course, they're going to have to change the way they do things,..That means broadening their appeal to more than just the white trash of America.

Werbung:
When a democrat wins the presidency, he tends to nominate senators from states with a democratic govenor for cabinet positions so that the democratic govenor will appoint a democrat to fill the seat.

When a republican wins the presidency, he tends to nominate senators from states with a republican govenor for cabinet positions so that the republican govenor will appoint a republican to fill the seat.

No system is perfect, but, by and large, it is a system that works.

Just since I've read some of Bunz's post, I've become aware that Alaska's system is different. Apparently it was changed as a result of some political shenanigans. I believe the difference makes it less likely that Alaskan elected politicians will be appointed to cabinet positions. Although I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, long term, Alaska may have cut off it's nose to spite it's face.

You know what! you're right! She deserves it. Let's do it now. After all, she probabbly paid good money for it, chaneling her money into Obama's election.

After all, that is Chicago style politics....:D

I wouldnt classify what is going on here as "Chicago" style politics, more like American politics. But you might have something here, considering the financial mess NY state is in, it might be a novel idea to auction off to the highest bidder the ability to appoint Hillary's replacement. Of course the proceeds would go to the state general fund. I dont think this idea would have much legs though.

Just since I've read some of Bunz's post, I've become aware that Alaska's system is different. Apparently it was changed as a result of some political shenanigans. I believe the difference makes it less likely that Alaskan elected politicians will be appointed to cabinet positions. Although I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, long term, Alaska may have cut off it's nose to spite it's face.
You are correct the change in the way vacancies to congressional seats came as a result of political shenanigans. When a US Senator is elected Governor of a respective state, and then despite saying they would not appoint a single person(which happens to be his own daughter) during the campaign, then at the very last minute backs out and does just that, then
it became obvious a change needs to be made.

The bottom line is this though, I dont vote for a Senator or anyone from my state with a mind to later become a cabinet appointment. I vote for them to support me and my state in the SENATE. I dont give two flips about thier higher aspiration for a cabinet position. Kinda the same way I didnt want my current Governor to become VP. She wasnt elected to run around the country burning bridges with political attacks. She was elected to run the State of Alaska.

I was watching Chris Mathews last night and the suggestion was that naming Caroline senator was all but a done deal.

Don't feel bad, your party of disgraced Republicans might come back in power someday. Of course, they're going to have to change the way they do things,..That means broadening their appeal to more than just the white trash of America.

Let's make it clear. I'm not a republican!!!
However, the democratic party being in charge of the white house and the 2 houses are gettng too cocky. They're gonna fuuck everything up. The party is going to implode from gluttony!!!!

It seems that everyone that supported Obama were in place to get a position.

Caroline Kennedy has no qualifications at all to be a Senator.

I wouldnt classify what is going on here as "Chicago" style politics, more like American politics. But you might have something here, considering the financial mess NY state is in, it might be a novel idea to auction off to the highest bidder the ability to appoint Hillary's replacement. Of course the proceeds would go to the state general fund. I dont think this idea would have much legs though.

So what public office has she held to give her the experience to be a US senator?

You guys gave Palin a hard time for lack of experience. At least Sarah Palin was a mayor and a Governor of a state. This chick all she has is a last name....

Let's make it clear. I'm not a republican!!!
However, the democratic party being in charge of the white house and the 2 houses are gettng too cocky. They're gonna fuuck everything up. The party is going to implode from gluttony!!!!

It seems that everyone that supported Obama were in place to get a position.

Caroline Kennedy has no qualifications at all to be a Senator.

They're going to do this, they're going to do that...lets just wait and see, your predictions haven't worked out too well in the past.

First you claimed you were a Democrat, all the while acting like a Republican. Then, you dropped that approach in favor of a Che Guevara avatar...does that mean there's a commie under every bed? Perhaps your real hero is Joe McCarthy. He was a Republican you know....just like you.

I discussed this in another thead.....
It's amazing to see how low the standards of the democratic party have fallen. :mad:
A community organizer is our president and now a rich girl wants to be a senator without any experience...

You guys elected a Drunk Frat boy who did cocaine and ran a few buisness into the ground....Since we are just ignoring the fact that Obama was in the IL Senate and US Senate, we can just ingnore that Bush was Gov of Texas right? I mean you can ignore 7 years of the IL Senate, and his time in the US Senate so why dont we just skip back on Bush.

I am not surprised to hear that, I would hope Ted would leave himself out of it, considering the family ties and it is not his state.

In regards to W, do you think he would have had a shot at even being Governor of Texas if his name wasnt George Bush?

I find the Bobby Kennedy comparison a little weak to be honest. He has been dead for 40 years.

Your not from that state, so should you not leave yourself out as well? Of course he is going to push for her, He belives in her, and is going to support her as family. If he did not, you would people would use that against her as well saying look even ted is not backing her...

If the people of the state think she is the best to voice there concerns and views then so be it. I dont know who she is going against so I cant say if I think she is the best choice or not.

They're going to do this, they're going to do that...lets just wait and see, your predictions haven't worked out too well in the past.

First you claimed you were a Democrat, all the while acting like a Republican. Then, you dropped that approach in favor of a Che Guevara avatar...does that mean there's a commie under every bed? Perhaps your real hero is Joe McCarthy. He was a Republican you know....just like you.

Nope, my hero is Ronald Reagan. Have you heard of Reagan Dems?

I'm not a blind person to vote for people who have zero experience....

I guess you just vote simply oin the charm of the person, but I don't

You guys elected a Drunk Frat boy who did cocaine and ran a few buisness into the ground....Since we are just ignoring the fact that Obama was in the IL Senate and US Senate, we can just ingnore that Bush was Gov of Texas right? I mean you can ignore 7 years of the IL Senate, and his time in the US Senate so why dont we just skip back on Bush.

you guys???? Don't point that finger at me dude...I did not vote for him. However, you voted for a bigot, crack smoking muslim....:D

Nope, my hero is Ronald Reagan. Have you heard of Reagan Dems?

I'm not a blind person to vote for people who have zero experience....

I guess you just vote simply oin the charm of the person, but I don't

Gee, look what I found...

Certainly it would appear that voters today who look demographically like the voters who voted for Reagan are more likely to have a Rep party ID than they did back in the day....so that presumably means many of them are Rs now.

That fits you. No reason to be ashamed, though I can see how it would be difficult to admit that you identify with the GOP... which has become nothing more than a one region one race party. However, if it pleases you, continue with your denials but we both know the truth...don't we? ;)

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/...2008&base_name=assignment_desk_the_reagan_dem

Werbung:
Gee, look what I found...

That fits you. No reason to be ashamed, though I can see how it would be difficult to admit that you identify with the GOP... which has become nothing more than a one region one race party. However, if it pleases you, continue with your denials but we both know the truth...don't we? ;)

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/...2008&base_name=assignment_desk_the_reagan_dem

Does that chenge the fact that Caroline Kennedy bought her way to become a US senator for New York and therefore she lacks any public office experience?

Back