Senator Obama condems all his friends

Dr.Who

Senator Obama has been criticised for the company he keeps - the people he has formed alliances with over the years. His critics say that he lacks judgement when he chooses to work with these people.

What does he say about the criticism?

He condemns the words or actions of Bill Ayers, Rev. Wright, Louis Farakahn, ACORN, Dohrn, Rezco, etc.

And it is right that he does condemn these words/ actions.

But doesn't his very condemnation prove that he is pretty stupid to have allied himself with these people in the first place?

Werbung:
umm becuse you hacks tie him to anyone you can regardless of how little the tie is? Funny becuse I also Recall McCain having to do that same thing , but you did not care. Also was in not McCain I see in that pic someone else posted with Acorn? but of course you would not question him about it right?

This hack cant remember any friend of twenty years that mccain had to say this friend is not the person i thought they were.

inocent obama worshipers might be able to help this hack think of one ?

Many of my friends have done things I don't approve of - things that I deplore, even. For instance, consumption of alcoholic beverages makes me very, very uncomfortable. It took time, but I've grown to the point where I can forgive them what is, to me, a major transgression.

Would you care to be judged based on the people you've associated with in your life?

Many of my friends have done things I don't approve of - things that I deplore, even. For instance, consumption of alcoholic beverages makes me very, very uncomfortable. It took time, but I've grown to the point where I can forgive them what is, to me, a major transgression.

Would you care to be judged based on the people you've associated with in your life?

Me?

Absolutly!

You dont think its even sort of strange that the only people in obamas life long term he has denounced and more than just denounced he said he didnt know they were like they were.

He was friends with rev wright for over 20 years, he said that is not the man I knew

he was friends with tony rezco i think its 17 years he said that is not the tony rezco that I knew

he was freinds with father phflaigher for over 23 years, he said that is not the father phflaigher I knew

he was friends with bill ayers, he said I thought he was reformed?

I honestly dont know of any other friends long term friends he has except for the ones that he didnt know what they were really like in all those years of knowing them

I do think that is odd.

for me, I would be proud to be judged by who i associate with

If McCain had been in a church with a WHITE racist pastor for 20 years... his campaign would be toast.

If McCain had been "Friendly" with an unrepentant terrorist who bombed abortion clinics... his campaign would be toast.

Personal associations and personal character only seem to matter when its a Republican... Democrats? Nah.. we don't judge them by the company they keep.

You dont think its even sort of strange that the only people in obamas life long term he has denounced and more than just denounced he said he didnt know they were like they were.

The "only" people? You know that for a fact?

He was friends with rev wright for over 20 years, he said that is not the man I knew

Really? Because this is what I found him saying:

...we've heard my former pastor...use incendiary language to express views that have the potential not only to widen the racial divide, but views that denigrate both the greatness and the goodness of our nation; that rightly offend white and black alike.

I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely — just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.

But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country — a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America..

he was friends with tony rezco i think its 17 years he said that is not the tony rezco that I knew

Do you know for sure that Obama knew about Tony Rezko's illegal practices?

Have you never been surprised by a friend who turns out to be more immoral than you had previously thought?

he was freinds with father phflaigher for over 23 years, he said that is not the father phflaigher I knew

I'm sorry, who? I ran the name through Yahoo! Search and didn't find anything.

he was friends with bill ayers, he said I thought he was reformed?

Today, Ayers is a teacher. No, he hasn't repented of what he did - but he isn't doing it anymore either, which is a statement in and of itself.

I honestly dont know of any other friends long term friends he has except for the ones that he didnt know what they were really like in all those years of knowing them

I doubt he's making public a list of his close friends, considering what's happening to just about everyone seen around him these days.

I do think that is odd.

for me, I would be proud to be judged by who i associate with

I didn't say "who you associate with." I said "who you have associated with."

Were any of these people even really his "friends?" Acquaintances, people with whom he had working relationships, people he saw on a daily basis, people he respected even - but "friends?"

vyo, that has got to be the LAMEST excuse for equivocation I've ever heard of.

Obama has knowingly associated with a known and unrepentant terrorist for over a decade. He sat in the church of a Black Supremicist, and unrepentant race baiter for over half of his life, and you have the temerity to suggest that someone engaging in a totally legal activity is in any way comparable?

The "only" people? You know that for a fact?

Really? Because this is what I found him saying:

Do you know for sure that Obama knew about Tony Rezko's illegal practices?

Have you never been surprised by a friend who turns out to be more immoral than you had previously thought?

I'm sorry, who? I ran the name through Yahoo! Search and didn't find anything.

Today, Ayers is a teacher. No, he hasn't repented of what he did - but he isn't doing it anymore either, which is a statement in and of itself.

I doubt he's making public a list of his close friends, considering what's happening to just about everyone seen around him these days.

I didn't say "who you associate with." I said "who you have associated with."

Were any of these people even really his "friends?" Acquaintances, people with whom he had working relationships, people he saw on a daily basis, people he respected even - but "friends?"

About Rev. Wright, you are quoting his race speech yes?

It was a few days later when Rev Wright said Obama is a politician and does what politicians do and I am a pastor and I do what pastors do.... it was after that, Obama said this is not the man I knew. He did not say that in the race speech.

Rezco was well known even outside of Chicago for what he was doing, if Obama did not know this then he really does lack in judgement. also an obama quote was when he bought that second part of the land from rezco he knew he was under indictment and it was a boneheaded move on his own part.

Ayers is a teacher who on sept 11th of 2001 had a picture of himself standing on an american flag and in his interview said he was guilty and free and he wish he had done more. I am pretty sure if my friend was in the NY TIMES standing on a flag saying I wish i had done more bombing I would notice.

as for more friends, I am not sure but can you name one? I can not and I have looked.

He had a room mate in college who refuses to be interviewed, and he has not seen since 1988 or so. Other than that I know of no long time friend in his life. If you can name some, I would like to know

here is the other friend that obama said after 17 years of knowing him, that is not the man I knew

Obama has knowingly associated with a known and unrepentant terrorist for over a decade. He sat in the church of a Black Supremicist, and unrepentant race baiter for over half of his life, and you have the temerity to suggest that someone engaging in a totally legal activity is in any way comparable?

I believe in conducting my "associations" based on what there is to be gained, either individually or as part of a group, from the association. That said, I would have a difficult time associating with an active terrorist. A man who is now a teacher who was once a terrorist? Yeah, I'd still personally - as a humanist - have issues dealing with him.

As for racists - I do everything in my power to put up with them as much as possible, as is evidenced by the fact that you haven't been banned from this forum yet.

In any case, I was attempting to provide a personal anecdote to accompany the food for thought I was presenting. Since I've never associated with former terrorists or demagogic leaders of racially-charged churches, I had to reach for whatever was in my grasp. I'd venture to guess that few of us have made such large associations - part of the problem with condemning Obama for such associations is that we have no frame of reference in which to judge them. I was attempting to provide that.

Ask yourself: have any of your friends ever done anything that you felt was unconscionable? Did you possess the loyalty to forgive them, or did you simply dump them for a more morally superior crowd?

Or, simply dismiss this as pointless equivocation and continue refusing to even attempt to understand the other side of arguments. Why should you attempt to grow and understand when spitting in the face of whoever disagrees with you is so much easier?

I believe in conducting my "associations" based on what there is to be gained, either individually or as part of a group, from the association. That said, I would have a difficult time associating with an active terrorist. A man who is now a teacher who was once a terrorist? Yeah, I'd still personally - as a humanist - have issues dealing with him.

GOOD, then you're not completely over the edge.

As for racists - I do everything in my power to put up with them as much as possible, as is evidenced by the fact that you haven't been banned from this forum yet.

That is utter slander, and I dare you to present even one shred of evidence to support that assertion, or you can apologize as quickly as you've slandered me!

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, you don't believe in holding the resident libs (including yourself) to the same standard that you do the conservatives here, that's BLATANTLY obvious to anyone with half a brain. You sent me a warning for a "personal insult" when damned near any and every post popeye, top gun, and the rest of the Commie, Pinko, liberal bomb throwers around here make is a personal insult or a direct attack, and neither you, nor any of the Moderators have had SPIT to say to them about it.

In any case, I was attempting to provide a personal anecdote to accompany the food for thought I was presenting. Since I've never associated with former terrorists or demagogic leaders of racially-charged churches, I had to reach for whatever was in my grasp. I'd venture to guess that few of us have made such large associations - part of the problem with condemning Obama for such associations is that we have no frame of reference in which to judge them. I was attempting to provide that.

It was a poor attempt. The thing that you, and anyone else that equivocates about this conveniently neglect is the fact that NONE of his associates are in the least bit repentant about their crimes and racisms. Ayers and that skank he's married to are a pair of sociopaths, who murdered people, and they not only don't care, they BRAG about the fact that they got away with it (thank you Mr. Bill for that last minute Presidential pardon). Wright and that other looney toon preach HATRED of a degree that i never saw even during the 60's!

Ask yourself: have any of your friends ever done anything that you felt was unconscionable? Did you possess the loyalty to forgive them, or did you simply dump them for a more morally superior crowd?

Lady, I'VE done things that were "totally unconscionable" by your standards, and I pay for them damned near every night. The difference being that I did them for this country, Obamas boys did it for FUN AND PROFIT!

Or, simply dismiss this as pointless equivocation and continue refusing to even attempt to understand the other side of arguments. Why should you attempt to grow and understand when spitting in the face of whoever disagrees with you is so much easier?

There is no "other side" of the equation vyo, this is a simple matter of RIGHT AND WRONG, and Ayers is a F***ING TERRORIST. He and his b!tch MURDERED people. They INTENTIONALLY SET OFF BOMBS at a New York City Police Headquarters, the Capitol building, and the Pentagon, and he said in an interview printed in the NY Times, that was published on September 11, 2001, that not only was he not sorry, that he said that he wished that he could have done MORE!

The only reason his sorry ass isn't rotting in a prison cell for the rest of his life is because some liberal judge didn't like the way the government gathered their information on him. If it were up to me, not only would they both be UNDER the prison, in isolation, on bread and water, for the rest of their natural lives, but I'd throw that idiot judge in the cell next to them!

Wright is a Black supremecist who preaches HATRED and "Black Theology", a bastardized version of christianity that perverts the Bible by preaching things that if ANY White preacher said the same things in his Church, he'd have been charged, arrested, tried, and probably convicted for HATE SPEECH!

THESE are the kind of people that Obama calls "friends" and "mentors", and if you're so blinded by your "hate America first" defeatism, then there's no hope for you at all.

Werbung:
That is utter slander, and I dare you to present even one shred of evidence to support that assertion, or you can apologize as quickly as you've slandered me!

Here you go:

Well, my family suffered through clothing, housing, and feeding them for at least 7 generations before the 13th Amendment seized their "privately owned property for public use" and they didn't get so much as a plugged nickle for any of 'em, and ever since then we've ALL suffered through clothing, housing, and feeding them, the only difference today is that now we're not even getting a single acre of cotton out of 'em for our efforts!

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66997&postcount=21

In case you missed it, they ARE!

obamamonkey.jpg

And you can get your own HERE

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67013&postcount=17

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, you don't believe in holding the resident libs (including yourself) to the same standard that you do the conservatives here, that's BLATANTLY obvious to anyone with half a brain. You sent me a warning for a "personal insult" when damned near any and every post popeye, top gun, and the rest of the Commie, Pinko, liberal bomb throwers around here make is a personal insult or a direct attack, and neither you, nor any of the Moderators have had SPIT to say to them about it.

For one thing, you would not be aware of disciplinary actions taken against other members of the forum. Frankly, it isn't any of your business.

Secondly, there've been so many personal attacks around here lately that it's hard to keep track of them. When they get reported, they get dealt with. When they don't - well, then it's up to whether or not we spot them, and I'm not in the habit of reading many of popeye and top_gun's posts these days. If you have an issue, report it, and we'll discuss the matter and deal with it.

It was a poor attempt. The thing that you, and anyone else that equivocates about this conveniently neglect is the fact that NONE of his associates are in the least bit repentant about their crimes and racisms. Ayers and that skank he's married to are a pair of sociopaths, who murdered people, and they not only don't care, they BRAG about the fact that they got away with it (thank you Mr. Bill for that last minute Presidential pardon). Wright and that other looney toon preach HATRED of a degree that i never saw even during the 60's!

I did not neglect the lack of repentance. Tell me - if you found out that one of your friends had embraced a behavior or idea that you did not agree with - that you in fact disliked virulently - would you end your friendship with that person?

Lady, I'VE done things that were "totally unconscionable" by your standards, and I pay for them damned near every night. The difference being that I did them for this country, Obamas boys did it for FUN AND PROFIT!

Firstly, I am male.

Secondly, you may or may not have done things that I would find "totally unconscionable," but I doubt it. My grandfather was a scientist attached to the Manhattan Project - whatever you've done, I would be willing to bet that it pales in comparison to helping to create the atomic bomb.

There is no "other side" of the equation vyo, this is a simple matter of RIGHT AND WRONG, and Ayers is a F***ING TERRORIST. He and his b!tch MURDERED people. They INTENTIONALLY SET OFF BOMBS at a New York City Police Headquarters, the Capitol building, and the Pentagon, and he said in an interview printed in the NY Times, that was published on September 11, 2001, that not only was he not sorry, that he said that he wished that he could have done MORE!

I'm hardly an authority on Bill Ayers, but just looking around the internet, it appears as though the only people to have died in connection with any of Ayers' actions were members of the Weather Underground who died when a nail bomb they were building exploded. Who did Ayers murder?

Also, there are no simple matters of right and wrong, because "right and wrong" are not simple concepts. Belief in the simplicity of right and wrong leads to, amongst other things, the sorts of attacks we both can agree are terrorism.

The only reason his sorry ass isn't rotting in a prison cell for the rest of his life is because some liberal judge didn't like the way the government gathered their information on him. If it were up to me, not only would they both be UNDER the prison, in isolation, on bread and water, for the rest of their natural lives, but I'd throw that idiot judge in the cell next to them!

Do you mean this quite literally?

Wright is a Black supremecist who preaches HATRED and "Black Theology", a bastardized version of christianity that perverts the Bible by preaching things that if ANY White preacher said the same things in his Church, he'd have been charged, arrested, tried, and probably convicted for HATE SPEECH!

Perhaps you should have listened to Obama's speech on the matter, in which he referred to Wright's rhetoric as indicative of the nature of the racial divide in America today.

THESE are the kind of people that Obama calls "friends" and "mentors", and if you're so blinded by your "hate America first" defeatism, then there's no hope for you at all.

First and foremost, and understand this well, I do not hate this country. Period, end of discussion.

Second, I have never heard Obama refer to Ayers or Wright as "friends" or as "mentors."

And third, given your comments on your feelings about liberals, I'm surprised you felt the necessity of saying that there's "no hope for (me) at all." Aren't you predisposed to believe that about liberals anyway?

Back