Sense and sexuality

Dr.Who

There is a pamphlet being cirulated that teaches a different approach than safe sex

Here is one paragraph from it:

“Safer sex” guidelines were developed before
you were born, but now we live in a different world.
Now we’re fighting a horde of bugs, and the bugs
are winning. It’s no longer enough to communicate
with your “partners”, get tested, and use condoms.
In this century, if you wish to avoid genital
infections, you need a different plan.
http://www.miriamgrossmanmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/SNSbooklet.pdf

Werbung:
I found this pamphlet to be straight forward and accurate. Yes, being monogamous is certainly a must but, being abstinent until the time one is ready for to pursue a long term relationship is the only safe approach for both mental and physical well being.

I found this pamphlet to be straight forward and accurate. Yes, being monogamous is certainly a must but, being abstinent until the time one is ready for to pursue a long term relationship is the only safe approach for both mental and physical well being.

Unfortunately, the human body doesn't respond well to abstinence, especially in the immature youth. Society hasn't helped either, by sexualizing our young people.

Unfortunately, the human body doesn't respond well to abstinence.
I am not so sure this is true. And, even if it is, it certainly couldn't be as harmful as casual hook-ups as the pamphlet suggest.

Young women, who have their whole life or careers ahead of them have a legitimate reason not to be involved in a serious relationship while preparing for their future.

I understand that abstinence is a difficult path and for some people not a practical option. But, considering all the permanent life altering diseases out there and the statistical chances of contracting something like that in this day and time .... it may be the only safe option.

There is a pamphlet being cirulated that teaches a different approach than safe sex

Here is one paragraph from it:

“Safer sex” guidelines were developed before
you were born, but now we live in a different world.
Now we’re fighting a horde of bugs, and the bugs
are winning. It’s no longer enough to communicate
with your “partners”, get tested, and use condoms.
In this century, if you wish to avoid genital
infections, you need a different plan.
http://www.miriamgrossmanmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/SNSbooklet.pdf
Even as a Christian.. I could get behind Miriam on this one.. great find..Thanks

If more people practiced truly safe sex, new AIDS infections would plummet and so would the abortion rate. Neither of these conditions would be healthy for the Democrats. AIDS infectees are presented to the world as victims of a horrible disease and we are made to fell sorry for them and guilty of not doing enough. AIDS is horrible but easily preventable. I look on AIDS like getting lung cancer or emphysema after smoking all your life. If you don't want to get lung cancer or emphysema, don't smoke. This is not rocket science. If you don't want to get AIDS or another STD, practice safe sex. If you hose to be reckless in your sexual activity, you need to be prepared to suffer the consequences. You are not a victim. You are suffering the inevitable consequences of your decision to be irresponsible. Our AIDS prevention needs to focus on the individual who engages in risky behavior. They should not be turned in to victims but rather their irresponsibility should be pointed out. We used to have SHAME in our society and it worked. Unfortunately liberals of today have decided that shame is not PC.

If more people practiced truly safe sex, new AIDS infections would plummet and so would the abortion rate. Neither of these conditions would be healthy for the Democrats. AIDS infectees are presented to the world as victims of a horrible disease and we are made to fell sorry for them and guilty of not doing enough. AIDS is horrible but easily preventable. I look on AIDS like getting lung cancer or emphysema after smoking all your life. If you don't want to get lung cancer or emphysema, don't smoke. This is not rocket science. If you don't want to get AIDS or another STD, practice safe sex. If you hose to be reckless in your sexual activity, you need to be prepared to suffer the consequences. You are not a victim. You are suffering the inevitable consequences of your decision to be irresponsible. Our AIDS prevention needs to focus on the individual who engages in risky behavior. They should not be turned in to victims but rather their irresponsibility should be pointed out. We used to have SHAME in our society and it worked. Unfortunately liberals of today have decided that shame is not PC.
What about people who contract AIDS through medical procedures? What about infants who contract AIDS from their mothers? Should we shame them too? And, I hope you do realize there really isn't such a thing as "safe sex".

AIDS is a pandemic. I do not think shaming a few in a particular society or culture or even country will do anything to combat this pandemic.

What about people who contract AIDS through medical procedures? What about infants who contract AIDS from their mothers? Should we shame them too? And, I hope you do realize there really isn't such a thing as "safe sex".

AIDS is a pandemic. I do not think shaming a few in a particular society or culture or even country will do anything to combat this pandemic.
Well said my fellow Texan...

Common sense eludes our fellow friends ... even if they pretend to be "conservative"!
You raise a good point but considering the numbers involved your point is moot. According to the CDC and at least 2 different AIDS advocacy groups, 95% of new AIDS cases are caused by irresponsible sexual behavior. So 95% of new infectees are deserving of shame and the other 5% are innocent. If reinstituting shame in our society would save lives, why not?
AIDS is not a pandemic like SARS or influenza. I have the flu right now and have no idea how or where or from whom I contracted it. Flu is spread through the air and on surfaces like stair rails. I have little if any
control over spread of a pandemic such as influenza. I can control my own sexual behavior if I chose to do so. 95% of AIDS infectees chose not to control their sexual behavior.
Why not shame? We all know the answer and the answer is shame is no longer politically correct.

If reinstituting shame in our society would save lives, why not?
Because shaming does not work, other than to give gratification to the self righteous accusers.

AIDS is not a pandemic like SARS or influenza.
I don't know where you are getting your information from but, AIDS is the greatest pandemic ever recorded in history.

Werbung:
Because shaming does not work, other than to give gratification to the self righteous accusers.

I don't know where you are getting your information from but, AIDS is the greatest pandemic ever recorded in history.

I never said AIDS is not a pandemic. I said it is not a pandemic like SARS or flu. AIDS is easily preventable by behaving in a responsible manner. I can exercise little if any control over whether or not I contract the flu. I can, with almost 100% effectiveness, control whether or not I contract AIDS: all I have to do is keep my pants zipped until it is safe to unzip. AIDS is a behavior disease. If you control your personal behavior, you have next to zero risk of contracting AIDS. Short of living in a bubble, there is little you or I can do to avoid exposure to the flu.
If I contract lung cancer or emphysema after smoking all my life, should I be a victim? I had the opportunity at any point in my life to reduce my risk of lung cancer to near zero by simply making a choice not to smoke. If I continue smoking, shame on me for being stupid or reckless or both. I certainly don't deserve victim status for being stupid or reckless.
95% of AIDS victims contracted the disease by engaging in reckless and/or irresponsible sexual behavior. They not only endanger themselves but others. They are deserving of our shame. And shame is not just to make me feel good. During the 1950's shame was alive and well in America and a whole lot more people chose to curb their behavior.
I agree AIDS is certainly a great pandemic but the greatest in history? This link details the 10 worst plagues in recorded human history. http://listverse.com/2009/01/18/top-10-worst-plagues-in-history/ One thing this list shows is that most of the people who died were not irresponsible. They were ordinary citizens just living their lives. They were not engaging in behaviors that they knew would increase their risk of deadly exposure.
The point I am trying to make is that AIDS is easily preventable with responsible behavior. 95% of the AIDS infectees in the US did not behave responsibly. Every person on the face of the earth is born with certain rights and certain responsibilities. 95% of current AIDS infectees chose to ignore their responsibility. They deserve our shame.

Back