Seven countries run for five UN Security Council seats

dacia

Austria, Iceland, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Turkey, and Uganda are competing for five seats on the UN Security Council in an election on Friday in the UN General Assembly.The five council seats that will be vacated on December 31 are now occupied by Belgium, Indonesia, Italy, Panama and South Africa. Those countries are ending their two-year terms in the body that has authority on issues of peace and security around the world.
------------------------------

Dacia

Guaranteed ROI

Werbung:
Austria, Iceland sounds good to me but the rest make me nervous

Hmmm, Well the only one that concerns me is Iran for obvious reasons. I think it is important to have an African country on the council. Since RSA just served, Uganda would be a reasonable replacement.

Japan, Turkey, and Mexico are long time allies and signifigant trading partners. Having the three of them on there would be beneficial to the US moreso than Russia or China.

Werbung:
Hmmm, Well the only one that concerns me is Iran for obvious reasons. I think it is important to have an African country on the council. Since RSA just served, Uganda would be a reasonable replacement.

Japan, Turkey, and Mexico are long time allies and signifigant trading partners. Having the three of them on there would be beneficial to the US moreso than Russia or China.

Keep in mind these are just the rotating seats. Russia and China will always be there with the veto.

Back