Shades of Mao in India

reedak

Part 1

1. In an exclusive interview to Xinhua on China-US ties in Beijing on August 5, 2020, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi revealed that the US has sent military aircraft to the South China Sea more than 2,000 times in the first half of this year alone.

Source: https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1196848.shtml

2. The 1962 Sino-Indian War has left a deep scar on the collective Indian Psyche. India’s recent deadly border clash with China has opened the old scar. Seeing the opportunity, Indian companies are calling their government to purge all Chinese goods such as Xiaomi, TikTok and all other apps, etc from their country. However, in India one can find some shades of Mao that have long disappeared from China.

There are no Mao statues in Indian cities and towns. Neither is there a portrait of Mao on the Red Fort in the old Delhi area. Where can we find shades of Mao in India? The answer lies in the "tough guy" image of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
It has been more than five years since Modi launched the Make in India initiative. Under the current world situation which has been turned topsy-turvy by the coronavirus and the Trumpian political viruses, it is just a matter of time that Modi's initiative would end up in a real mess like Mao's Great Leap Forward.

3. Modi's "don't mess with me, don't mess with my country" sort of "tough guy" image in his confrontation with China and Pakistan is reminiscent of Mao's "no nonsense" image in his standoff with US Imperialism in the early years of the Chinese People's Republic. Verbally and practically, Mao had demonstrated that China had resolved to stand firm against the American Empire. To Mao and his apparent Indian disciple, a red line is a red line without other shades of colour.

During his surprise visit to a military base in the Himalayan border region of Ladakh on Friday (3 July, 2020), Modi sat together in rows with some of his generals facing the Chinese side of the border as though challenging the Chinese military: "I am sitting here like a sitting duck. Shoot me if you dare!"

If China has sent military aircraft to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal more than 2,000 times in the first half of one year alone, one would expect Modi not to protest and groan in vain but to sit defiantly like a sitting duck on one of the islands, challenging the Chinese aircraft to bomb him if they dare.

4. In a similar vein of nationalism and defiance, instead of protesting, moaning and groaning in vain, Indonesian President Joko Widodo visited the Natuna Islands on January 8, 2020 during his country’s standoff with China.

Source: https://theinsiderstories.com/president-widodo-claims-natuna-belongs-to-indonesia/

P.S. Such spirit of Mao needs to be brought home to exorcise the US Empire as it approaches closer and closer to the Chinese mainland like a ghost walking slowly but steadily down the stairs to strangle its victim in the wee hours of the night.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Back