Should California legalize marijuana for recreational use?

ktucan1

Let's hear it. Its on the ballot this year in one of the most liberal states in America? I say they won't because even though Californians like to pride themselves in sticking it to the Feds. We all seen what happened to Gay Marriage in that state?

Werbung:
Slap a huge 'SIN TAX' on the sales and they could have a sure cure for that states huge budget deficit and put the Illegal Alien trade/shipping route out of business for sure...HELL-BELLS it sounds like a real 'WIN - WIN' proposition to me ;)

sure miss, why pay the tax when the street will beat the govt on price and likely quality ?

sure miss, why pay the tax when the street will beat the govt on price and likely quality ?

But refresh my memory...isn't that the reason that we have the 'REVENUE DEPT. for cigarettes and liqueur'...we've faced those problems in the past and overcame them...and not everyone would have the 'GOOD SH!T' the best seeds/grower information comes from Sweden I do believe...they've got that down to a fine science. Not every one's back yard would be the GOOD SH!T so as with a roll-your-own cigarette...there might be a small market for that but the Primo stuff would be at an exclusive store! :cool:

So the dirtballs who stopped coming buy the drug house down my block after it was raided and shut down, will come back, this time as upstanding businessmen and consumers?
Actually, your local zoning wouldn't allow that...they would have to ask for special zoning to put a business in a residential area...rarely ever done due to parking requirements and traffic flow issues, they most likely would have to set up shop in a light industrial area {small business espeically designated for that supply type of business with approriate parking} :)

But refresh my memory...isn't that the reason that we have the 'REVENUE DEPT. for cigarettes and liqueur'...we've faced those problems in the past and overcame them...and not everyone would have the 'GOOD SH!T' the best seeds/grower information comes from Sweden I do believe...they've got that down to a fine science. Not every one's back yard would be the GOOD SH!T so as with a roll-your-own cigarette...there might be a small market for that but the Primo stuff would be at an exclusive store! :cool:

Brad and Kobe will go to Rodeo Drive but Paco, Spicoli and Antwon will just go to the street corner.

Only cigarette companies and liquor /beer/wine companies make and distribute those things making them easy to regulate.

But try it and see.

I've a modest proposal (apologies to Swift),

Let's just put free buckets of drugs on every street corner--meth, crack, heroin, weed--what ever the public demands. Let nature take it's course.

We can burn the bodies of the fallen to power California....

Oops, I'm sorry, is my hyperbole showing?

Brad and Kobe will go to Rodeo Drive but Paco, Spicoli and Antwon will just go to the street corner.

Only cigarette companies and liquor /beer/wine companies make and distribute those things making them easy to regulate.

But try it and see.

Well, within those there hills of the deepest Appalachian mountains, Missouri, Tennessee hills, Kentucky areas...there beats the heart of the 'Still Operator' who still to this day makes some of the finest 'WHITE LIGHTENING' known to mankind ;) But other then that, once probation was found to do nothing more then quick business practice for turning the mafia into a multi-billionaire business...our government finally came to their senses and made it legal! All those wasted lives/manpower/federal dollars chasing down the people that were going against prohibition...WOW what a waste of all those tax dollars!

THE WAR ON DRUGS ISN'T WORKING...but I feel that you really know that, you just don't want to keep hearing it!

I've a modest proposal (apologies to Swift),

Let's just put free buckets of drugs on every street corner--meth, crack, heroin, weed--what ever the public demands. Let nature take it's course.

We can burn the bodies of the fallen to power California....

Oops, I'm sorry, is my hyperbole showing?

If you want to kill gangs and the rest of organized crime thats exactly what you do. Well, not in buckets but free of charge. The money you save in WoD will easily cover the merchandise and even let you give breeding hearts some rehab.

Well, within those there hills of the deepest Appalachian mountains, Missouri, Tennessee hills, Kentucky areas...there beats the heart of the 'Still Operator' who still to this day makes some of the finest 'WHITE LIGHTENING' known to mankind ;) But other then that, once probation was found to do nothing more then quick business practice for turning the mafia into a multi-billionaire business...our government finally came to their senses and made it legal! All those wasted lives/manpower/federal dollars chasing down the people that were going against prohibition...WOW what a waste of all those tax dollars!

THE WAR ON DRUGS ISN'T WORKING...but I feel that you really know that, you just don't want to keep hearing it!

We lost the WoD long ago.

The money you save in WoD will easily cover the merchandise and even let you give breeding hearts some rehab.

If you give the bleeding hearts rehab, you significantly cut into the green energy implications of my proposal...druggies are the ultimate renewable resource.

Re: Putting all of your worries to rest...LA has it figured out!

Los Angeles Marijuana Sellers Limited
articleLarge.jpg

Monica Almeida/The New York Times
A medical marijuana dispensary on Melrose Boulevard, one of many throughout the Los Angeles area.

By JENNIFER STEINHAUER
Published: January 26, 2010
LOS ANGELES — The City Council approved an ordinance on Tuesday that would shutter the majority of the nearly 1,000 medical marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles and make the use of marijuana in the remaining outlets illegal.
Room for Debate: A New Course on Medical Marijuana?

The vote is a major setback for backers of medical marijuana and a victory for community groups that have long complained about the proliferation of the dispensaries near residential neighborhoods, schools and parks. Los Angeles has more of the outlets than any other city in the dozen or so states that allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes.
“These are out of control,” Councilman Ed Reyes, chairman of the Council’s planning and land-use management committee, who oversaw the writing of the ordinance, said in an interview at City Hall. “Our city has more of these than Starbuckses.”
California voters approved the use of marijuana for medical purposes in 1996, and cities have since struggled with how best to regulate its distribution. Under the law, individuals and cooperatives were permitted to cultivate marijuana for medical use. Dispensaries selling marijuana, often for profit, quickly popped up around the state.
While many cities moved to restrict the number and locations of the legal outposts, Los Angeles imposed a moratorium about two years ago while the City Council studied the issue. But hundreds of dispensaries continued to operate, flouting the ban.
The ordinance requires the signature of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, as well as a Council vote on dispensary fees, to cover the city’s cost of monitoring.
Late Tuesday, a mayoral spokeswoman, Sarah Hamilton, said that although the measure “isn’t perfect,” Mr. Villaraigosa would sign it “because it puts the safety of our communities first.”
“It’s time to focus our attention on other pressing issues facing our city,” Ms. Hamilton said.
The measure, which passed on a 9-to-3 vote, imposes strict rules on the location of the dispensaries — essentially moving them to more densely industrial zones — and restricts their hours. The ordinance, which city officials acknowledge would be difficult to enforce, will limit the number of dispensaries to 70, but its language suggests that even fewer will be permitted if there is not ample space under the new parameters to accommodate them.
It limits hours of operation to 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., imposes several regulatory requirements and limits each patient to one dispensary.

<story source>
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/27/us/27pot.html?8au&emc=au

Pffffft...and you old hens were just so busy clucking away about those 'MAYBE/WHAT IFS/The sky is falling' for naught...see Los Angales has it all figured out..."DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY" :D

Werbung:
Re: Putting all of your worries to rest...LA has it figured out!

In all seriousness--where do you stop? I've really got no beef with weed--it doesn't appear to be any worse for you than tobacco or alcohol. But what about the more powerful, more addictive drugs? If the goal is to reduce the criminal element, shouldn't we just legalize them all? Should we extend that to prescription drugs? I could save a lot of Dr. visits (and health care costs) if I could just get antibiotics and other simple meds as I needed them.

My only fear is streets full of drugged out zombies driving around crashing into sober people. Not to mention the coked out paranoids, crazed meth-heads, etc. How far is too far?

Back