Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Werbung:
...so you're a Cathar....?

No.

The label of Gnostic Christian seems to have included all the more Gnostic cults. I might qualify as a Parfait though if I belonged to a church and not just followed their religious ideology.

The congregation would have to judge me as such a label, IMO, can only be given. It would be presumptuous for me to label myself that.

Regards
DL

so in the Mani Elect group huh...! Cool how many sparks of "light" have you acquired?

We only have one each as far as I know. The spark of God is more like a soul which I define as life force. Mani has been written up as one who had some supernatural leanings which most Gnostic Christians do not believe in.

The furthest I do towards the supernatural is a belief in a cosmic consciousness of the type this research is finding. I see telepathy as a natural phenomenon that can access it. I have claimed apotheosis but if you are not willing to believe that telepathy is real then nothing I put of that will phase you. If you believe this science to be true or accurate, then you might have a question.

Regards
DL

This is perfectly in line with most basic tenets of ancient Christian and non-christian gnosticism - dualism and the divine realm; for example the Apocryophon of John deals with this.

Yes, it is an old belief but most see it as a supernatural phenomenon while I see it as natural. As natural, it can die.

Regards
DL

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

https://www.google.ca/search?source....64.psy-ab..0.10.1037...0i131k1.0.nCgTyqsYAOA

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain. Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct.

Most governments and countries have fraud laws of some kinds. They generally interfere with religious fraudsters only when physical harm is being done to our gullible citizens yet ignore the monetary theft that the fraudsters fleece from their victims. Prosperity ministries are the most flagrant of these immoral religions, but all religions based on demonstrable lies would be included in this question.

Our governments are quite good at acting against obvious fraudsters yet seem reluctant to protect our more gullible citizens when it comes down to religions.

Religions, to me, get a free pass to lie and steal all they can from victims, especially the older citizens even when governments know about the fraud.

I begin to see the inaction of governments on these religious fraudsters as a dereliction of duty.

Do you?

Regards
DL
In my opinion, Governments should do their jobs. Let Church do theirs and Government do theirs. With both having proper and correct knowledge as to what their 'Job' duties and descriptions are.

Not in how current 'man' defines the duties and responsibilities but how it was Established with.

i'm not trying to be facetious but women are the ones who are supposed to bear children. That is how child bearing was 'Established'. If Government wants to begin regulating lab room 'fertilization and fetus developments', I guess it would be out of their original Job duties.

Did you know that I can buy an online Master's Degree in Political Science and get a job as a Politician? I can even purchase a Ph.D. From online.

Although this investigation was being conducted in Canada, according to U.S. sources, over 1/2 of all new Ph.D's in The U.S are FAKE.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Governments should do their jobs. Let Church do theirs and Government do theirs. With both having proper and correct knowledge as to what their 'Job' duties and descriptions are.

Not in how current 'man' defines the duties and responsibilities but how it was Established with.
Doing a thorough 'history' relearning and in the true-ness of U.S. History, as well as Church doing the same, could result in many 'false current ways' being brought to light as having gotten off the correct and true path.

1st example. Article 1 section 3....

No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, [when elected], be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen.

2nd example. Article 1 section 3....

The Senate shall chuse their other Officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the Office of President of the United States.

The Senate shall chuse.... NOT.... The Senate shall choose. Just a spelling 'truth' in case anyone wanted to know how 'choose' was spelt in 1787.

Exodus 17:9

“And Moses said vnto Ioshua, Choose vs out men, and goe out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill, with the rodde of God in mine hand.”

Exodus

1611 King James Version (KJV)

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611_Exodus-17-9/

The Constitutional signers were speaking more 'proper' English than the 1611 KJV supposedly... Go figure..

HAMLET

Ay, marry, is't:
But to my mind, though I am native here
And to the manner born, it is a custom
More honour'd in the breach than the observance.
This heavy-headed revel east and west
Makes us traduced and tax'd of other nations:
They clepe us drunkards, and with swinish phrase
Soil our addition; and indeed it takes
From our achievements, though perform'd at height,
The pith and marrow of our attribute.
So, oft it chances in particular men,
That for some vicious mole of nature in them,
As, in their birth--wherein they are not guilty,
Since nature cannot choose his origin--
By the o'er growth of some complexion,
Oft breaking down the pales and forts of reason,
Or by some habit that too much o'er-leavens
The form of plausive manners, that these men,
Carrying, I say, the stamp of one defect,
Being nature's livery, or fortune's star,--
Their virtues else--be they as pure as grace,
As infinite as man may undergo--
Shall in the general censure take corruption
From that particular fault: the dram of eale
Doth all the noble substance of a doubt
To his own scandal.

Hamlet/Date written

Elizabethan Language
Why was the Elizabethan Language and Vocabulary different to many of the words in the modern English language that we use today? Why were words spelt differently in the Elizabethan language? Why does the language in Elizabethan manuscripts seem so difficult to interpret and translate? There are many reasons why we have problems interpreting and translating the Elizabethan language. It is little wonder that we need an Elizabethan language guide to assist with Elizabethan Language translations!

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-language.htm

The Elizabethan era is the epoch in the Tudor period of the history of England during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I (1558–1603). Historians often depict it as the golden age in English history.

Now mind you, the word choose, spelt 'chuse' by British might have been 'choose' by Scots, or Irish, or Welsh, or Scottish Gaelic, etc... seeing that all of the above 'languages' were spoken in Britain.

http://greatsite.com/facsimile-reproductions/kingjames-1611-detail2.html

Genesis 1:1 'The Creation of Heauen and Earth'...

“And Moses said vnto Ioshua, Choose vs ......"

• The letter "u" was used only in the middle of a word, and the "v" was used at the beginning.

Last edited:
chuse

Verb
(third-person singular simple present chuses, present participle chusing, simple past and past participle chused)

1. 1748, James Thomson, The Castle of Indolence, C:XVII
    But if a little Exerciſe you chuſe,
    Some Zeſt for Eaſe, 'tis not forbidden here.
  2. 1817, Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice:
    "Now, Kitty, you may cough as much as you chuse," said Mr. Bennet

http://www.yourdictionary.com/chuse

Misspellings in the U.S. Constitution

The Constitution was written in 1787 in the manner of the day — in other words, it was written by hand. According to the National Archives, the version we are most familiar with today was penned by Jacob Shallus, a clerk for the Pennsylvania State Assembly. In the document itself are several words which are misspelled. Far from the days of spell checkers and easy edits, these misspellings survive in the document today.

Only one, though, is a glaringly obvious mistake. In the list of signatories, the word "Pennsylvania" is spelled with a single N: "Pensylvania." This usage conflicts with a prior spelling, at Article 1, Section 2. However, the single N was common usage in the 18th century — the Liberty Bell, for example, has the single N spelling inscribed upon it.

The most common mistake, at least to modern eyes, is the word "choose," spelled "chuse" several times. This is less a mistake than it is an alternate spelling used at the time. The word is found in the Constitution as both "chuse" and "chusing."

https://usconstitution.net/constmiss.html

Article 1 section 3....

The Senate shall chuse their other Officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the Office of President of the United States.

This just goes to show from where these signing Constitutionalists received their formal education from .

Werbung:
First university in the United States is a status asserted by more than one U.S. university. Historically, when the Philippines was still a United States territory, the University of Santo Tomas (established in 1611) was considered as the oldest university under the American flag.[1] Presently in the United States, there is no official definition of what entitles an institution to be considered a university versus a college, and the common understanding of university has evolved over time. The 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica tells the story of the gradual emergence of U.S. "universities" thus:[2]

In the United States the word university has been applied to institutions of the most diverse character, and it is only since 1880 or thereabouts that an effort has been seriously made to distinguish between collegiate and university instruction; nor has that effort yet completely succeeded. Harvard, William and Mary, and Yale . . . were organized . . . on the plans of the English colleges which constitute the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Graduates of Harvard and Yale carried these British traditions to other places, and similar colleges grew up in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.... Around or near these nuclei, during the course of the 19th century, one or more professional schools were frequently attached, and so the word university was naturally applied to a group of schools associated more or less closely with a central school or college. Harvard, for example, most comprehensive of all, has seventeen distinct departments, and Yale has almost as many. Columbia and Penn have a similar scope. In the latter part of the 19th century Yale, Columbia, Princeton and Brown, in recognition of their enlargement, formally changed their titles from colleges to universities.

The issue is further confused by the fact that at time of founding of many of the institutions in question, the United States didn't exist as a sovereign nation. Moreover, questions of institutional continuity sometimes make it difficult to determine the true "age" of any institution.

Several universities claim to be the first university in the United States:

• Harvard University, founded in 1636, claims itself to be (v.i.) "the oldest institution of higher education in the United States". The claim of being "the first university" has been made on its behalf by others.[3] An early official mention of Harvard as "the University" is found in the Massachusetts Constitution, first submitted on October 28, 1779 by James Bowdoin, Samuel Adams, and John Adams.[4]
  • The University of Pennsylvania considers itself to be America's first university, a title it claims on its website and in other published materials.[5] The university has published a book about being the first university in America,[6] and its website contains numerous instances of the phrase "America's First University".[7]
  • The College of William and Mary's website states, "The College of William and Mary was the first college to become a university (1779)."[8]
Additionally, Johns Hopkins University opened in 1876 and claims to be "America's first research university" (emphasis added)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_university_in_the_United_States

Back