• No, because she still has a viable chance at winning the nomination

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because it would be easier for McCain to beat her than Obama

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other reasons

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

kida

Should Hillary Clinton concede the Democratic nomination to Barack Obama?

Robert Novak wrote in the Washington Post that she has already lost the bid - it's just a matter of getting her to admit it:

Who will tell her that it's over, that she cannot win the presidential nomination and that the sooner she leaves the race, the more it will improve the party's chances of defeating Sen. John McCain in November?
Clinton's rationale for remaining a candidate is the Texas-Ohio parlay, and pre-Wisconsin polls gave her a comfortable lead in both states. But Texas has become a dead heat, and her margin in Ohio is down to single digits.

Following the Wisconsin returns, Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland, Clinton's leading endorser in the state, is reported to have privately expressed concern as to whether he can hold the state for her. If she ekes out a win in Ohio while losing Texas, who will bell Hillary?
The prospect impels many Democratic insiders to pray for the clear Obama victories on March 4 that they hope will make it unnecessary for anybody to beg Hillary Clinton to end her failed campaign.
-WP

Is he right?

Werbung:
i guess it's still possible for hillary to beat barrack but i don't think she will. barrack has the momentum.

Just read this. Changes things a little. I was pretty sure she'd call it quits if Obama was ahead after March 4. Looks like I may have been wrong...
Clinton's communications chief Howard Wolfson said she would fight on through Pennsylvania in April. "What I'm saying is, we're going to have a great day on Tuesday. We're going to win this nomination. This nomination fight is going to go forward after Ohio and Texas," he said on ABC television.

Clinton, in a late night rally in Cleveland, told an enthusiastic crowd, the year-long race would "go on a while longer, and we will finally be victorious in November and take back the White House."

"Maybe the way to think about this election is more like a hiring decision ask yourself who would you hire to do the toughest job in the world?" she said.

The latest count of nominating delegates, awarded after each state contest, by website RealClearPolitics shows Obama leading by 1,389 to Clinton's 1,279, with the freshman senator pulling into the lead after 11 nominating wins in a row.

A total of 2,025 delegates is needed for victory at the Democrats' convention.

Tuesday's votes look unlikely to change that picture much, given that Democratic primaries award delegates on a proportional basis.
The Age

Werbung:
i guess it helps hillary that she's still leading in Ohio. if she wins there then i guess that gives her a reason to stay in, she can claim that she's not out of it yet. i still think Obama will win it in the end though. a lot of the superdelegates will go to him if it comes to that.

Back