Should human bodies be put on display?

Do you think Real Human bodies should be put on display?

• yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • not sure

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I just saw the exhibit yesterday in St. Paul. I had seen many of the same things in displays in an anatomy course. Other things were very unique and interesting, such as stand alone arteries. The full bodies were like art more than science. I wasn't at all digsuted, nor did it seem disrespectful. They had an excerpt from one donor explaining why he wanted his body to be part of the exhibit when he died. I have to say, it seems more honorable to donate your organs or body to science than to be buried and just take up land. If I had children, I would definitely take them. It is a great learning opportunity.

Werbung:
I agree, Sarah. If I had children, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take them to see it, but it depends of the child, of course. But, even if I were walking past the museum in Boston, I'd probably not make an effort to see this. I'd prefer to read about it, and the findings.

I wish I had the opportunity to go see it. I'm really fascinated.

And I would totally donate my body to the project if I was in a position to do so.

Werbung:
I was talking to a few people last night who have been to see the exhibit, and the consensus was that the exhibit was amazing and very well done. Everyone who has been to see it that I have talked to has recommended it to me.

Back