Should marijuana be legalized?

Should we legalize it?

• Yes

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
Well, the consensus goes to show you what kind of people you have on these forums. The idea of entertaining such an asinine repugnant concept as legalizing pot is so naive and stupid, it forces me to believe I won't be able to take most of you peoples opinions seriously.

If you research it out, I think you'll find that a clear majority of Americans think that pot should be legalized. It isn't so much that they agree with Roker the toker that pot is a good thing, just that they think that the results of the war on drugs is worse.

Werbung:
The main reason to legalize it is to remove it from the black market and the hands of criminals. the second main reason is to regulate and tax it the third is because it was all prohibited based on LIES created by corporate giants and the feds

as one can clearly see i do not advocate legalization based on my recreational use of cannabis contrary to belief. I have reasons for legalizing

as well much of medicine could be re-done in a natural way instead of with expensive chemicals , as well hemp can be used for food, cooking oils,paper, rope, fabric, and fuel it is the earths most renewable resource

Prohibition dosent work we as a society know this to be true, yet we allow cannabis/hemp prohibition to continue
its silly

as one can clearly see i do not advocate legalization based on my recreational use of cannabis contrary to belief. I have reasons for legalizing

as well much of medicine could be re-done in a natural way instead of with expensive chemicals , as well hemp can be used for food, cooking oils,paper, rope, fabric, and fuel it is the earths most renewable resource

Prohibition dosent work we as a society know this to be true, yet we allow cannabis/hemp prohibition to continue
its silly

for once I SORT of agree with you. I don't support complete legalization mind you. Medicine needs to be very very very controlled, not in the sense that you have to sign a million forms and show ID, but dose specifics, FDA consideration for uses, etc. It shouldn't be a prohibitive criminalization, but rather illegal in the manner that it isn't availible in corner stores for recreational use. The medical value of marijuana is one to watch. however all it's possible medicinal uses do not oppose it's dangers as an inhaled substance (lung damage, et al) it's industrial uses are somethign that should be a shoe in for removing this ridiculous prohibition we have on it.

Recreational drug use of any from, from nicotine to alcohol to heroin, is always a danger. There is not a single study to show otherwise, and there will never be. Any psychoactive that can stimulate those pleasure centers in an addicts brain, will find their way to being abused. Again as stated in my previous posts, imprisoning those who are addicted and posess said drugs or commit crimes due to the drugs will never stop the problems. The only thing I believe viable is to remove this punitive system for drugs we have in place and replace those prisons full of drug addicts with rehabilitative facilities to support the recovery of those who CANNOT use recreationally without becoming reliant. This goes for ALL drugs legal or otherwise. we've almost a hundred years of proving that this does NOT work.

You don't know the first thing about my experiences and battles with drugs. You can take your silly talk and shove it. It would also be "Sublime" if you would go to hell too you degenerate hippie. People like you know nothing and destroy more than you create.

First thing, I'm not a hippy, and it just shows your ignorance on the subject by stereotyping people who take it. While I'm not calling you a lier, people on forums can lie pretty easily and you don't seem (from the very little I've seen from you so far) someone who is very educated about drugs. Sorry if this isn't true, but I thought someone who has taken them would at least be willing to discuss the topic, whatever they believe.

Uhuh

As I get more and more older, the more I've come to realize and the more I am aware of how much of the new popular way of thinking is wrong and how our ancestors were right all along. To further this debate, I will ask you to tell us what you think would change if Marijuana was legal and then explain to us how you feel that is inconsequential to society let alone beneficial and desirable.

Regarding what I wrote before, I have a thorough extensive experience with drugs and the local tragic characters in the drug business and market. I don't want to give away too much yet.

To further this debate, I will ask you to tell us what you think would change if Marijuana was legal and then explain to us how you feel that is inconsequential to society let alone beneficial and desirable.
For one thing the rather large body of marijuana users and dealers who are currently getting thrown in jail for their activities would be free to go about doing what they do without government interference.

Benefits are mostly economic. The legalization of marijuana would mean that marijuana farmers, importers and dealers would be able to legally claim their income - which would then be taxable. The ironic thing is that the majority of marijuana users and distributors are in favor of legalization - which would cut into the profit from the business, but whatever.

A marijuana industry would create a lot more jobs (stores, maintenance, advertising...).

Marijuana, as a legal substance, would lose much of its status as a gateway drug. Part of the reason it is a gateway drug now is that it introduces users to the illegal market in which all drugs are currently sold; without such an introduction the marijuana user would have to be introduced to illegal "hard" drugs like cocaine and heroin by other means.

These are, of course, hypothetical. If you believe they are erroneous I invite you to debunk them.

It also means that you don't have to worry about kids buying off dodgey dealers and getting in debt, mugged or their heads kicked in.

You don't have to worry about whats in the stuff (especially poobar, I've seen people pull entire plastic bags out of nine bars of that stuff), or where it came from.

You can control who buys it, at what price, how much of it they buy.

You can free up valuable prison space to real offenders, and take big dealers out of the market.

If alcohol was illegal, it would be a total curse on this earth, but at the moment, whatever you might think, its pretty much under control.

Uhuh

I've heard this opinion time and time again. Good night, Sublime. It's already been tried and it failed miserably just like sobar, clear-thinking people like me knew it would. Perhaps I'll give a bigger reponse when I feel like it.

I've heard this opinion time and time again. Good night, Sublime. It's already been tried and it failed miserably just like sobar, clear-thinking people like me knew it would. Perhaps I'll give a bigger reponse when I feel like it.

You'll have to understand that we can't give any weight to your opinion until you start backing it up.

Anyway, I've never gone near marijuana (or alcohol or cigarettes for that matter) and I'm still in favor of legalization.

I listed a load of different ways it would help, not just my opinion. Why don't you try arguing some of the points rather than just being arrogant and condensending. I reckon you probably smoked a joint one night and tweaked your balls off, pissed your pants and cried in front of your mates.

Understood but...

You'll have to understand that we can't give any weight to your opinion until you start backing it up.

I could give you reasons...ones I've argued before. I don't argue any of the reasons you haven't heard but what separates me from blind well-wishers is I know they are true. I'm not going to dive into my personal past with you but there are perfect, obvious, legitimate reasons to keep illegal drugs as far away from Americans and American families as possible. I'm tired of explaining it so maybe someone else will be kind enough to support and explain my opinion because I find it exhaustingly appalling that I have to defend and explain such a thing to my countrymen.

I could give you reasons...ones I've argued before. I don't argue any of the reasons you haven't heard but what separates me from blind well-wishers is I know they are true. I'm not going to dive into my personal past with you but there are perfect, obvious, legitimate reasons to keep illegal drugs as far away from Americans and American families as possible. I'm tired of explaining it so maybe someone else will be kind enough to support and explain my opinion because I find it exhaustingly appalling that I have to defend and explain such a thing to my countrymen.

Please excuse my colleague; 9sublime has something of a personal stake in this argument.

Anyway, if you don't feel like retyping your position on this, perhaps you could provide a link to a site where its finer points are enumerated.

where and when has this been tried in the United states? Im afraid your mis-informed . coincidentally it has been done VERY successfully in The Netherlands.Marijuana and hemp have been prohibited in the US since 1938

there was a BRIEF medicinal experiment with 20 paitients and several of them STILL recieve MJ ciggarettes from the FEDS........

The dutch drug model in Holland is a SHINING testament of How successful legalization could be here in the US

Werbung:
I find it equally as appalling to find a fellow countryman with his head buried so far up the Govts A^S. . First of all lets get this right in the start this thread deals with MARIJUANA nd HEMP ,not
ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS as you have eluded to in your missive.....none of the supporters of this believe that HARD ILLEGAL drugs should be made legal....we are discussing Hemp and Marijuana.....and JUST them they are NOT DRUGS they are PLANTS

they contain wonderful properties HEMP COULD SAVE THE WORLD.....marijuana has MANY uses medicinal,food,fuel,fibre.
you have no argument...i have argued this for pages in this forum notice how i provide nauseating amounts of information to support my position?

what have you got? an opinion....an un-educated one at that

Back