Should Mexican truckers be allowed to operate in the USA?

PLC1

Staff member
Teamsters and some Congressmen say no.

Yet, it looks as if they are about to start operating here anyway.

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The first Mexican carrier is set to roll into the U.S. interior within days, but the Teamsters union and two California congressmen haven't given up on stopping the cross-border trucking program that had been stalled for years by safety concerns and political wrangling.

What do you think?

Werbung:
Teamsters and some Congressmen say no.

Yet, it looks as if they are about to start operating here anyway.

What do you think?

Well, are we for or against "free markets?"

Are those truckers paying a fee to use our highways. . .if not, they should!

Are their trucks safe, are the drivers trained on the rules of the road, and are they insured to adequately cover any accidents that might/will happen in the US?

What is the difference between allowing those trucks to transport merchandise in the US, or to allow foreign airlines to transport passengers in the US?

Are our trucks allowed to transport merchandise in Mexico and Canada?
Our our airlines allowed to transport passengers within other continents?

I don't know enough about this subject, but it seems that, if the answer is yes to all those questions. . .it would be hard to argue against it!

Werbung:
Yes, but those jobs would only be taken by Teamsters.

Not necessarily, depends on the state and whether its a right to work one. Seems Texas is one as well as AZ leaving NM and Cal, If I recall prior stories I've read on this subject the principle artery is through Texas and generally heading north from there.

Back