Should Muslims Be Forced To Assimilate?

Reddie

Trump said Muslims don't assimilate and some people were quick enough to point out that he was wrong. But facts are facts. If Muslims are leaving their home countries to live elsewhere for any reason then they must be willing to assimilate [the Austrians are trying it] or if they find that is impossible they could just go back home.

Thoughts?

Werbung:
There's a difference between assimilating and respecting the beliefs and culture of the country that is hosting you. The problem is many Muslims don't consider other cultures other than their own (unless they were born in the country), and many don't even want to learn the language.

My grandmothers were both immigrants, one became a US citizen and the other a UK one, but neither wanted to speak English and never spoke English to me because they didn't think they should. I knew they could, but it's the mentality that they don't want to that bugs me, and it's wrong.

This is the same with some Muslims, and many won't assimilate or want to try to learn about the new culture, and that's the issue.

I think that anytime you have to force people into doing something then it's never going to work. While I agree that Muslims should respect the ways and beliefs of the country to whalers they've moved to, I don't think that will ever happen.

Over here in the UK all that's happened us that Muslims have developed their own sections of society and they have no intention on integrating in with the rest of the population. In fact the other is happening and I think if they had their way then the UK would become a Muslim country.

I think that anytime you have to force people into doing something then it's never going to work. While I agree that Muslims should respect the ways and beliefs of the country to whalers they've moved to, I don't think that will ever happen.

Over here in the UK all that's happened us that Muslims have developed their own sections of society and they have no intention on integrating in with the rest of the population. In fact the other is happening and I think if they had their way then the UK would become a Muslim country.

This is very true, but also while there are laws of the land, the mentality is to carry on as if they were living with their own laws they had back in their country.

I have seen this a lot, when people start saying "It's not like this in my country," and they just don't want to adapt. Many do not respect other religions, yet we must respect Muslims. It's hard when they don't wish to integrate, and know they want to take over.

This is very true, but also while there are laws of the land, the mentality is to carry on as if they were living with their own laws they had back in their country.

I have seen this a lot, when people start saying "It's not like this in my country," and they just don't want to adapt. Many do not respect other religions, yet we must respect Muslims. It's hard when they don't wish to integrate, and know they want to take over.

I've mentioned before on other threads about some Muslim areas in the UK being no go areas for white English people, and while a lot of the liberal left say it's a myth, I can guarantee that it isn't as the city I live in as a couple of those areas.

These aren't areas that white people just don't want to go, it's places where when we do go, we are left to feel uncomfortable and are given the impression that we're not welcome. One instance was stopping for petrol, only for the pump not to be turned on, and be told that due to a delivery mix up, they wouldn't be getting any more petrol for a few days so what they did have was being saved for their local community. Basically it was a Muslim only petrol station.

As for taking over, there are a lot of towns and cities these days that do have Muslim mayors and elected members if parliament, and while they aren't exactly taking over so to speak, they are slowly getting a foothold in power. That isn't a bad thing as such, but if they are using their influence to protect and prioritise Muslim only beliefs, then we're going to have a problem very soon.

I've mentioned before on other threads about some Muslim areas in the UK being no go areas for white English people, and while a lot of the liberal left say it's a myth, I can guarantee that it isn't as the city I live in as a couple of those areas.

These aren't areas that white people just don't want to go, it's places where when we do go, we are left to feel uncomfortable and are given the impression that we're not welcome. One instance was stopping for petrol, only for the pump not to be turned on, and be told that due to a delivery mix up, they wouldn't be getting any more petrol for a few days so what they did have was being saved for their local community. Basically it was a Muslim only petrol station.

As for taking over, there are a lot of towns and cities these days that do have Muslim mayors and elected members if parliament, and while they aren't exactly taking over so to speak, they are slowly getting a foothold in power. That isn't a bad thing as such, but if they are using their influence to protect and prioritise Muslim only beliefs, then we're going to have a problem very soon.

I hear your concerns, and while people may think them, they are not allowed to express them. There are fears, especially in education and other areas where it may appear PC to give way to Muslims, but is that right or fair?

It isn't only Muslims, but other ethnic tight knit groups that can make a native British person feel uncomfortable. I used to live in Fulham and then suddenly I'm afraid to walk down the High Street as there are an abundance of Muslims who crowd the streets, don't move, spit, swear and generally make it not very pleasant. That is not the British way, but that's maybe how they lived back in their own towns?

Werbung:
There's no doubt for me that the tree hugging, sandel wearing, liberal lefties of this country have a lot to answer for. While I'm far from a 'kick them all out and let's take our country back' kind of person, I do think that this country as gone soft.

The immigrants are more protected these days than the British people, and we're not allowed to actually air our views otherwise we get called racist. If we complain about an issue that's caused by a Muslim for example, I get called racist and the actual problem I'm complaining about in the first place gets overlooked entirely.

Back