Should obama fire McChrystal?

Should obama fire General McChrystal?

• Yes because what he said was treasonous.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No but he should

• I dont really give a rip! American idol is far more important.

• Total voters
Werbung:
First, one of the choices, is a bit odd

Should Obama Fire him? No ...but he should? that does not make sense...That would be a choice if question was, will he...but not for Should he...

Should be fire him? No, he should not fire him...but he should fire him? Or yes, but he should fire him?

2nd...I think what McChrystal did is sever, and and has a major impact on Obamas ability to lead on this as is his place as Commander and Chef...McChrystals job is to follow his orders....should he object, he has the right to voice this to Obama...and to Resign....the choice to act the way he did...does a disservice to the Armed forces, and to himself as well.

Should Obama Fire him? I think anyone who professes a stong view of that...does so lacking many of the facts to make such a call...given that...Obama has a choice Fire a Military leader for voicing a opinion ( even if it was childish mocking of top leaders of our goverment) and follow the path of Bush , who removed all Military leaders who CORRECTLY pointed out problems with his Iraq plan...even though it was them who was correct on troop levals, and costs, and what the hardest part of the war would be....Not a good sign to our Top Brass to feed DC Just Yes Men to be in charge of our Troops.

Or he can Let McChrystal get away with what he did with his job, look week, and unable to control him Generals...and Let him get away with something that had this been a military man under McChrystal , talking about the McChrystal and other top Military leaders...he would be discharged and removed...no question. Of Course what he did does fail to even come close to the actions that Got MacArthur Removed...that blowhard ( maybe its something about Generals with Mc in the name?)

So what should he do? He should sit down, talk to him, and make his call based on that meeting...are they to far apart to work together now...or was he blowing off steam in a poor way but is still able to do his job? Maybe the fact he will have to offer to Resign...and have that be public will be enough punishment...and Obama can refuse it, in order to keep the actions on the ground in Afghanistan moving forward with as little shake up as possible.

SO my vote...listen and make a choice after....I think anyone saying they know right now...is just making a choice based on politics and there view regardless of what he had said.

Also Pandora...you just called Bush a Dictator I think...and need to work on making polls that are not bias if you want real results...otherwise just fake the poll yourself if you want the outcome set before anyone votes.

First, one of the choices, is a bit odd

Should Obama Fire him? No ...but he should? that does not make sense...That would be a choice if question was, will he...but not for Should he...

Should be fire him? No, he should not fire him...but he should fire him? Or yes, but he should fire him?

2nd...I think what McChrystal did is sever, and and has a major impact on Obamas ability to lead on this as is his place as Commander and Chef...McChrystals job is to follow his orders....should he object, he has the right to voice this to Obama...and to Resign....the choice to act the way he did...does a disservice to the Armed forces, and to himself as well.

Should Obama Fire him? I think anyone who professes a stong view of that...does so lacking many of the facts to make such a call...given that...Obama has a choice Fire a Military leader for voicing a opinion ( even if it was childish mocking of top leaders of our goverment) and follow the path of Bush , who removed all Military leaders who CORRECTLY pointed out problems with his Iraq plan...even though it was them who was correct on troop levals, and costs, and what the hardest part of the war would be....Not a good sign to our Top Brass to feed DC Just Yes Men to be in charge of our Troops.

Or he can Let McChrystal get away with what he did with his job, look week, and unable to control him Generals...and Let him get away with something that had this been a military man under McChrystal , talking about the McChrystal and other top Military leaders...he would be discharged and removed...no question. Of Course what he did does fail to even come close to the actions that Got MacArthur Removed...that blowhard ( maybe its something about Generals with Mc in the name?)

So what should he do? He should sit down, talk to him, and make his call based on that meeting...are they to far apart to work together now...or was he blowing off steam in a poor way but is still able to do his job? Maybe the fact he will have to offer to Resign...and have that be public will be enough punishment...and Obama can refuse it, in order to keep the actions on the ground in Afghanistan moving forward with as little shake up as possible.

SO my vote...listen and make a choice after....I think anyone saying they know right now...is just making a choice based on politics and there view regardless of what he had said.

Also Pandora...you just called Bush a Dictator I think...and need to work on making polls that are not bias if you want real results...otherwise just fake the poll yourself if you want the outcome set before anyone votes.

The question you are talking about that seemed weird was because I did not write it out all the way. I meant to say No he wont fire him but he should fire him.

The only bias question was the one I personally picked. I think the General should quit personally.

I also do not think the General said anything untruthful or really even disrespectful. His underlings did, they called Biden Bite me exc. I don't know how much control a General has over his underlings when it comes to this sort of stuff. He might have had a lot more control over them than he used, but I don't know.

I remember back a few months ago there were problems and this general was asked a question on if he had met obama and he said no he has never met him. That sent everyone in a tizzy and a week later obama summoned him then left him waiting. I think this general takes the war far more seriously than obama does and a guy can only take so much. obama is not going to change so the general should just quit because he will never get anyplace in this war.

Wow you gave such a long answer, that was nice of you. Thanks pocket

Sounds a lot like the Emperor doesn't like being told he's naked. He should get used to it.

I also don't see anything about Sra. Solis being admonished for being a traitor and telling illegals that they deserve a "fair wage" and their "foreign government" will help them in America. She shouldn't just lose her job, she should go to federal prison for advocating breaking the law.

What happened to Rahm being admonished for sending Clinton to buy off senatorial candidates?

Not that anyone in Washington values the Constitution or Americans for that matter.

I wouldn't blame Obama if he did!

McChrystal and his band of "aides" should know how to deal with the press and respond accordingly. Candid interviews with rolling stone are great but not in a war and not when you are fighting an insurgent. That freakin idiot knows that all he is doing is providing ammunition for the Taliban.

He needs to be taken out the back of a building given a quiet talking to, get the crap kicked out of him by a large number of Marines and assigned as the paper clip counting assistant at some very remote location.

What a bleeding prick!!!!!

This is nothing to do with politics, Obama or Biden its all to do with a senior commander and his staff who do not know how to conduct themselves on a combat assignment in front of a reporter.

Note: As of posting this, Obama has fired McChrystal.

Many/Most of the posters here do not have the advantage of remembering the firing of General Douglas MacArthur. This is relative to the current discussion because that historical issue is very similar to the current McChrystal situation.

Relative to MacArthur, he had been warned very sternly by President Harry Trueman to cease making statements that contradicted the Commander-in-Chief as to the prosecution of the Korean War. MacArthur continued making inflammatory comments to the press and was fired by the president.

General McChrystal was similarly warned by his Commander-in-Chief, and like MacArthur, has been fired.

McChrystal as MacArthur did not follow the direct order of the Commander-in-Chief and was rightly relieved of command. History has repeated itself.

McChrystal would have not tolerated such insubordination in his own command.

I am glad General McChrystal does not have to listen to obama anymore and play his stupid game and I already feel sorry for General Petraeus who is stuck dealing with the manchild.

obama is just going to have to get used to the fact that the military has zero respect for him as do most Americans.

Note: As of posting this, Obama has fired McChrystal.

Many/Most of the posters here do not have the advantage of remembering the firing of General Douglas MacArthur. This is relative to the current discussion because that historical issue is very similar to the current McChrystal situation.

Relative to MacArthur, he had been warned very sternly by President Harry Trueman to cease making statements that contradicted the Commander-in-Chief as to the prosecution of the Korean War. MacArthur continued making inflammatory comments to the press and was fired by the president.

General McChrystal was similarly warned by his Commander-in-Chief, and like MacArthur, has been fired.

McChrystal as MacArthur did not follow the direct order of the Commander-in-Chief and was rightly relieved of command. History has repeated itself.

McChrystal would have not tolerated such insubordination in his own command.

Sorry but your history is off a bit. MacArthur has nothing in common with McChrystal. McC always followed orders. MacA did not. The reason Truman fired MacA was because of his failure to follow orders.

You are watching too much MSLSD.

Plus Truman was a competent commander in chief unlike the mistake in the oval office now. Just a bit of added commentary for your reading pleasure.

BO is a disaster and a complete failure.

To fire one of the nations top generals at time of war based on this article is a joke and very sad. And make no mistake, BO fired him.

BO is the proverbial emperor with no clothes....He is a shill.

The flap was avoidable. A stronger president could have handled it differently. Gen. McChrystal did not personally make the most egregious comments quoted in the magazine. A commander in chief whose leadership was less in doubt could have made a quip about the article and moved on, but Mr. Obama is exceptionally image-conscious. So, rather than dismiss the article, he dramatically summoned Gen. McChrystal from the battlefront and took his resignation while sympathetic bloggers peddled analogies to Truman and Lincoln and their incorrigible generals that do not bear close scrutiny.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/23/mcchrystals-final-agony/

Sorry but your history is off a bit. MacArthur has nothing in common with McChrystal. McC always followed orders. MacA did not. The reason Truman fired MacA was because of his failure to follow orders.

You are watching too much MSLSD.

Plus Truman was a competent commander in chief unlike the mistake in the oval office now. Just a bit of added commentary for your reading pleasure.

your special...MacArthur did not follow orders...and also criticized the President and his policy publicly....DO you read history or just like to think you know it by guessing? Its hard tell

To fire one of the nations top generals at time of war based on this article is a joke and very sad. And make no mistake, BO fired him.

How many Generals did Bush Fire?

And Top Leaders in the miltary, and supporters of McCrystal said "this is a Firing offence"

YOur just a drone Obama hater who never meet a fact he could not ignore.

He is also probably the most thin skinned person I have ever had the displeasure to know about.

He is also probably the most thin skinned person I have ever had the displeasure to know about.

you don't think it has anything to do with the fact that what was done was completely harmful to the war effort and against Military rules, disrespectful, and showed that he could not do what was asked....had anything do to with it..

you don't think it has anything to do with the fact that what was done was completely harmful to the war effort and against Military rules, disrespectful, and showed that he could not do what was asked....had anything do to with it..

No

obama had it out for him from a few months ago when someone asked him if he has met obama yet and he said no but he has been working on it without reply. obama caught crap even from the liberal media and had a meeting two days later where obama was openly upset at him.

obama never got over when McChrystal made him look like the stupid idiot he is back then and this was just an extension of it.

McChrystal did not say anything wrong, some of the other guys did call Biden Bite Me.

obama just has issues, its nothing new. and McChrystal is better off for it.

obama himself is the single most harmful piece of the war effort.

Werbung:
No

obama had it out for him from a few months ago when someone asked him if he has met obama yet and he said no but he has been working on it without reply. obama caught crap even from the liberal media and had a meeting two days later where obama was openly upset at him.

obama never got over when McChrystal made him look like the stupid idiot he is back then and this was just an extension of it.

McChrystal did not say anything wrong, some of the other guys did call Biden Bite Me.

obama just has issues, its nothing new. and McChrystal is better off for it.

obama himself is the single most harmful piece of the war effort.

So right Pandy. A real leader would have excused the comments and moved on. But, BO is not a real leader or a real man.

The General said nothing against BO. The guys were letting off steam and RS caught them off guard. These guys were in a f-ing war zone. Sh*t happens and real people know this. BO aint real.

McC is a real leader. He is not a desk jockey like Petraeus. He would often be in the action unannounced and by himself. He also was not going along with BO on changing don't ask don't tell like Petraeus is. McC knows gays in the military will hurt unit cohesion.

Blago claimed the other day that BO is hen pecked by Michelle. That is as good a reason for his weakness I have yet heard.

Plus...why is BO using Bush's general??? I thought Bush was a dunce.

Back