Should Politicians be drug tested?

Should politicians be drug tested?

• Total voters
Werbung:
I'm against drug testing in general as I see it as an invasion of privacy and a violation of search & seizure rights. Unless someone is acting in a way that probable cause would kick in or obviously under the influence or ha been involved in a work place accident of some type.

We have drug testing at work but only as a single preemployment screen which can be taken at anytime prior to starting and a drug test after any work place accident. It was only instituted so our company would get a better Workers Comp rate as we do have a vehicle fleet and work with machinery.

I'm against drug testing in general as I see it as an invasion of privacy and a violation of search & seizure rights.

Why don't you feel dragging everything about Gov. Palin's personal life, including her pregnant daughter and the rest of her family, IS NOT an invasion of privacy but having her take a drug test would be?

If knowing her most inner personal thoughts, her interactions and relationships, and details about her activities is of relevance due to her being a VP candidate... then I would think asking for a drug test would be the LEAST invasive of requests, and demands, placed on her.

YES and if they fail kick them out, take away everything from them
post their picture all over and say what kind of drugs they did.

I am so sick of them being at a higher standard than the rest of us

If the government is banning illegal drugs, then their members shouldn't be taking them as they are the ones representing those bans.

I'm against drug testing in general as I see it as an invasion of privacy and a violation of search & seizure rights. Unless someone is acting in a way that probable cause would kick in or obviously under the influence or ha been involved in a work place accident of some type.

We have drug testing at work but only as a single preemployment screen which can be taken at anytime prior to starting and a drug test after any work place accident. It was only instituted so our company would get a better Workers Comp rate as we do have a vehicle fleet and work with machinery.

Agree.

Further, one of the biggest drugs abused by most people - alcohol - is not screened for in a typical Employee drug test. It clears the system much too quickly. Conversely, marijuana can be detected up to 30 days after use (depending on the sensitivity levels set for the screening.) Hard to say what kind of impact an occasional marijuana use can have as compared with drinking on the job.

In my profession, I manage a lot of people, and a good manager should know if there is something going on.

Agree.

Further, one of the biggest drugs abused by most people - alcohol - is not screened for in a typical Employee drug test. It clears the system much too quickly. Conversely, marijuana can be detected up to 30 days after use (depending on the sensitivity levels set for the screening.) Hard to say what kind of impact an occasional marijuana use can have as compared with drinking on the job.

In my profession, I manage a lot of people, and a good manager should know if there is something going on.

This is about politicians having to take drug tests, not drug testing in the workplace. Politicians forgo any rights to privacy when they take on the role of being a public official - you guys didn't seem to think Gov. Palin deserved ANY right to privacy, not even her families right to privacy, yet here you are agreeing about it being a violation of ones rights to get a drug test....

Werbung:
Back