1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Should The U.S Attack North Korea?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Brandon, May 10, 2007.

1. Brandon

Brandon New Member

With all the atrocities North Korea has committed, do you think we should go in and remove Kim Jung-Il?

2. FourBear

FourBear New Member

At this time, no. I honestly don't think we'd have enough military support to do so. Aren't we already stretched pretty thin?

3. tater03

tater03 New Member

I would have to agree that this is no time to be starting something else. I would really just keep an eye on North Korea and just go from there.

4. Brandon

Brandon New Member

Ok, let's rephrase the question then. If the U.S wasn't in Iraq, would military action be appropriate against North Korea?

5. framed

framed New Member

No. The potential for a disaster involving us and China is too great. The country has weapons, we have defenses against those weapons, and we can handily beat them in an arms race should they choose to go that route. Let the guy feel safe with his one missile, eventually he'll get old, slip on a banana, eat some bad chicken, etc and die. The next guy will be more sane.

Per your other thread, I would support assassinating him if we could do it reliably/covertly. Having a more stable person at the head of North Korea would be a good thing.

6. vicki2

vicki2 New Member

Lets let China take care of North Korea. It's their neighborhood so let them have a crack at solving the problems. Hopefully, some diplomacy can point the Chinese in that direction.

7. mamab

mamab New Member

I'm not sure "diplomacy" and either North Korea or China are together any place except in the dictionary. I don't think diplomacy will work where they're concerned.