Should the US introduce the first national Blue Laws?

I think so. I think the old Blue Laws should be nationwide. Which means No stores,Restaurants And Bars should be open on sundays. The only business would be allowed to be open on sundays are Gas Stations,Amusement Parks and Movie Theaters. I would like this idea. What yall think?

Laws like this should be made (or not) on a state level. This is not appropriate for the feds to decide.

This would also cause a problem for the economy. Not good for America.

How do you decide which businesses can open and which must be closed?

Bad idea.

Werbung:
Whats wrong with my idea? I think were a christain catholic nation. Remember one of the 10 commandments are. Keep the sabbath day in holy.

We were a Christian nation once but we are not anymore. A majority would never ask their representatives to vote for this.

Anyway, the Sabbath is Saturday, not Sunday. Sunday is called the "Lords Day". Blue laws were designed, for whatever reason they claimed but, in actuality to curb activities that would compete with church-going. Unless the state can demonstrate a compelling state interest in advancing this cause it would be inappropriate and a bad idea.

Sub,, You can go to a ballgame or to a movie.Why not go to the beach or go camping or to a cookout with a bunch of friends and drink beer.Its a day of rest not a workday.And in the bible it says youre going to hell if you work on the sabbath day.

For people who are subject to the Mosaic Law (Jews) they will go to hell for working on the Sabbath. How many of the people in the United States are Jews and do we need laws to encourage them to do what they should decide to do on their own?

The Mosaic law does not apply to non-Jews. For these people there is still such a thing as sin but working on the Sabbath is not a sin for these people.

Ok Steveox, you clearly have trouble to understand that not everyone is religious and wants your religious beliefs imposed on them.

So I'm going to break it down simply for you, with lots of repetition and colourful words.

But its the right thing to do.

No, its the right thing for YOU to do according to YOUR religion. Not mine. Not a lot of peoples. Therefore, don't force it upon me.

Cause the bible says if you work on the sabbath day you go straght to hell.

YOUR holy book tells you this. Not mine. Not a lot of peoples. Therefore, I don't believe it. If you do, then dont work on the sabbath.

The only reason you wont go to hell is because your employer will fire you if you dont come to work on sundays.

That is what YOUR religion book tells you. Not mine. Not a lot of peoples. As a result, I don't believe it.

But i like the blue laws so no one can work on sundays.I think All Stores,Restaurants And Bars should be closed on sundays.

I don't like the blue laws, because I am not part of a religion which follows them. As a result, they are a nuisance to my life.

You need to come to terms with the fact that you don't live in a Christian nation anymore, however much some people try and make you think so (including yourself).

Whats wrong with my idea? I think were a christain catholic nation. Remember one of the 10 commandments are. Keep the sabbath day in holy.

I guess you don't realize that Saturday is the sabbath dating back to the time of moses. God himself told moses that Saturday is the sabbath. Do you still want to shut down restaurants and bars on the sabbath.

But its the right thing to do. Cause the bible says if you work on the sabbath day you go straght to hell. The only reason you wont go to hell is because your employer will fire you if you dont come to work on sundays. But i like the blue laws so no one can work on sundays.I think All Stores,Restaurants And Bars should be closed on sundays.

What if you don't work at a restaurant, store, or a bar and you aren't effected by the blue laws. Are you not worried about those people's souls?

My guess is that you work in a restaurant and are just looking for a way to get sundays off.

Maybe he doesn't want to carry two around, and wants to pay to get them fixed, just to excercise his secular personal freedoms.

Dr. Who, 9sub and I are willing to fight for your right to not have to carry around two pairs of glasses on Sundays. We'll be fighting Steveox, who doesn't care how overloaded your pockets are, so long as the holy day that 56 million Americans don't recognize is upheld.

I Will Always Fight For My Right Not To Carry Two Pairs Of Glasses, Wether I Wear Them In The First Place Or Not!

Werbung:
yes, and I will fight to have Sunday Brunch with my family in a restaurant, I will not have some religious extremist tell me I can't for my own good.

Back