Should the world speak?

remnant

Being the reigning superpower in a unipolar world, US elections are usually closely followed around the world. The American public vote strictly based on their own interests which is sometimes inimical to the world at large. For example, Obama's debacle in Syria. I propose a system where other countries can be allowed a representative vote in the polls to balance the outcome with regard to global geopolitics.

Werbung:
Enter the N.W.O . . .

Americans have no obligation to do what's best for the world. Or even what's best for them. The 2 Bush terms and 2 Obama terms are proof enough of that. That's why they most definitely won't ever be interested in rest of the world's opinions regarding who their president should be.

A lot of people don't bother voting in the elections in their own country so I sincerely doubt they're going to be wulling to vote in another countries.

Countries like the US, well...any country for that matter won't care what the people in other countries think anyway. Even here in the UK there's been a backlash against Obama because ges said the UK should stay in the EU.

The British have pretty much said what's it got to do with him? And I think they have a point.

Absolutely not. We're an independent nation for a reason. If we wanted something like that, we would have just tried to create a global version of the European Union. Not going to happen.

The UN is as close as it gets, and it's nothing about meddling in politics but global cooperation. Good luck making it anything more than that. I'm sure you don't want US voters having an influence in your election? Or Sharia Islamists? I don't think so.

What I don't understand though is when people talk about sovereignty and their own country they are proud, but when it comes to the UK leaving the EU, people are saying we should stay in it.

I live in the UK and I honestly still haven't made my mind up but if being a sovereign country is as good as everyone says, why should we then be told it's better for us to stay in the EU?

What I don't understand though is when people talk about sovereignty and their own country they are proud, but when it comes to the UK leaving the EU, people are saying we should stay in it.

I live in the UK and I honestly still haven't made my mind up but if being a sovereign country is as good as everyone says, why should we then be told it's better for us to stay in the EU?

I don't know. The UK has always been strong and independent enough that they probably never needed the EU, but there are advantages as well. I think the EU probably needs the UK and would suffer if it were to leave it. The EU has taken on characteristics of a nation and puts Europe as a whole on a better playing field to compete with large nations like the USA and China.

The pols like being in the EU. That should tell you something.
In a sense having the combined economy is good in term of markets but then there is Greece which is a black hole of money. Parasites are a unsolvable problem.

Werbung:
Like I said, I'm yet to be convinced either way what's best for the UK or maybe more importantly me. I like the relative safety of being in the EU, but over the years there have been a number of issues I've not agreed with, and they've only happened because we was in there.

At the moment I'm leaning towards OUT but there's time to change my mind yet.

Back