Silent no more

GenSeneca

I would like to give the Citizen of the Week award to David Hedrick for the following:

I, David William Hedrick, a member of the silent majority, decided that I was not going to be silent anymore. So, I let U.S. Congressman Brian Baird have it. I was one questioner out of 38, that was called at random from an audience that started at 3,000 earlier in the evening. Not expecting to be called on, I quickly scratched what I wanted to say on a borrowed piece of paper and with a pen that I borrowed from someone else in the audience minutes before I spoke. So much for the planned talking points of the right wing conspiracy.

Thank you David, you are not alone.

Werbung:
I would like to give the Citizen of the Week award to David Hedrick for the following:

Your "Citizen of the Week" is an idiot, just looking for attention. Typical of RWers everywhere....no facts, only what Beck and Limbaugh provide, just a big mouth.

Brian Baird is my congressman, he's received over 60% of the vote in each of the last 4 elections...he'll be re-elected easily. All that video is good for is for you and that rest of your ilk to do a little circle jerk to...have fun!!

I don't think rudeness is an attribute. He's apparently incapable of a civil discussion, or even asking a question with civility. That's not the "majority", that's the rude, crude minority.

If he even was telling the truth about being a "disabled vet", then who do you suppose is paying his health care costs? Hint... it isn't Blue Cross.

He also brought up a quote he claimed was made by the Congressman. That turned out to be false. Then he decided he couldn't even preface his question without impuning those he disagreed with, when he brought up his Nazi references. When he finally rambled around to his question, he only had a demeaning question about if the Congressman was ever going to honor his oath.

It was a dumb question that deserved no reply. It was a question that had no relationship to any issue, simply a way for a rude individual to attempt to demean someone else. Not very heroic for a self-claimed former Marine. But it is the kind of think immature, uninformed people do.

So that's your idea of great citizenship? That speaks volumes.

your man of the week is a retard who with his grasp of facts, I question if he even got his own name right. maybe he has a mental disability though, it would explain things.

More of the rights Pure ******* the left is Nazi's and Umerican crap. To bad this debate on a major issue to many people, is now being taken up on the right bye people like this who would not have a clue what to do if Rush and Beck and there chain Emails did not not tell them the "facts" ....

There are a few other thoughts that are relevant. Very early on in his rude rant he stated "It's not your right to decide if I keep my current plan or not. It's my decision."

Later he claimed he was a disabled veteran. He's either so ignorant he thinks a public option for the 47 million with no health insurance has something to do with veteran's care, or else he was lying about being a disabled veteran.

Two choices... he was either totally ignorant and uninformed about what he was railing about, or he was a liar.

That's who you admire as your "Citizen of the Week"? Someone that's willingly uninformed or a liar?

Ah, yes, another citizen who is either a disabled vet, as he says, and is therefore already on national health insurance, or is making up stories about himself, is calling health care reform "Nazism". Some citizen of the week.

When are we going to hear some real debate about the real issues we face in the area of health care? Are we ever going to face up to the fact that our current non system is not economically sustainable? Is there going to be real debate about how to control costs?

Or is the current "you're a Nazi, no you are" exchange that passes for debate going to continue? Is the opposition going to continue to rail about death panels, euthanasia, getting between us and our doctors, and rationing? Are those in favor of the current plan going to continue to say that universal coverage can be achieved without tax increases? Does anyone think that there is a free lunch? Does anyone think we really have the best health care on Earth? C'mon, it's time to get real and begin to solve the real problems.

We can neither afford to do nothing nor continue to debate non issues. Sooner or later we, meaning we the people and starting with the Congress, are going to have to confront this crisis and come up with some pragmatic solutions, even if it means not always doing what is best for the party.

That has to be one of the most planted, set up, goofball things I've seen.

Did everyone notice he was reading off the SCRIPT in his hand!

You watch these wingnuts and they says the weirdest things because they are trying to prove a point that just isn't there.

He bashed away saying... You said we'd get to keep our health insurance... well it's not up to you to let me keep my health insurance. WTF is he talking about. What is he some idiot savant or what?

The whole point of saying... You can keep your health insurance... is to let you know they agree with you that no one should take away your health insurance.:rolleyes:

This is all about grandstanding and trying to keep people stuck in a failing system. Won't work... and I'll be glad to see a Bill passed.

Gen, I cant hear the video but is this the one where the guy says I served my country and kept my oath to protect and defend the constitution and when are you going to do the same or something to that effect?

I saw something on the news about a man who spoke up to a congressman and said basicly what I wrote above. If this is your Citizen of the week I am all for it.

I heard today some congressman said those of us who are protesting the new health care are brown shirts. I am starting to really dislike the government more than ever!

Found a different article on that exact town hall meeting that didn't even mention Mr. Hedrick himself. At the end of the article was, of course, the usual batch of comments by miscellaneous posters. My favorite was this one by a "Dr. Truthful":

"The status who [sic--I'm sure he meant "quo"] is not sustainable. If congress doesn't fix it, the doctors will fix it for you. We will make ourselves less and less available, especially to Medicaid and Medicare patients, as what we get from those programs does not cover our cost of doing business. People on these programs will die for lack of care, and delay of care. Medicare and Medicaid patients will then be in the same boat as the uninsured. Private employer plans will go sky high as they already subsidize the the [sic] health care of all the rest. Don't believe me? Just try to get an appointment with a doctor as a new Medicare patient in Portland. Doctors have been largely outside of the debate, but we will ultimately be the decision makers about who gets care, and who doesn't. By the way, about 1/3rd of us will retire over the next ten years. Even more for nurses. Fix the problem to our acceptance or prepare to see insured people die waiting."

I have to wonder about all this myself... I don't give a crap which side of the aisle you're from--you're GOING to get less healthcare in the future, regardless of what plan is implemented. We're not going to be able to even AFFORD what we've currently got, much less increase coverage. Yeah, I know... there's all that BS talk about increasing efficiency, more preventative medicine...

Sure.

So... where are we going to increase the efficiency? By getting rid of a bunch of redundant healthcare workers? So... more unemployed? Probably the office help, right? Surely, the two biggest expenses of healthcare would have to be the doctors and the malpractice lawyers, right? We obviously can't pay doctors less or they'll... CHOOSE LAW INSTEAD OF MEDICINE!!!

And I've heard (haven't fact-checked that yet) that lawyers overwhelmingly support universal healthcare legislation... gotta' wonder why that is... And the pharmaceutical lobby supposedly also supports universal healthcare... and THAT doesn't seem to make sense with the idea that BIG BUSINESS is against universal healthcare because it'd kill their profits. Those, to me, are THE things that deserve actual discussion. If lawyers and BigPharma want this badly, then I'd have to wonder if I smell a rat...

Gen, I cant hear the video but is this the one where the guy says I served my country and kept my oath to protect and defend the constitution and when are you going to do the same or something to that effect?

I saw something on the news about a man who spoke up to a congressman and said basicly what I wrote above. If this is your Citizen of the week I am all for it.

I heard today some congressman said those of us who are protesting the new health care are brown shirts. I am starting to really dislike the government more than ever!

you would like a uninformed idiot who attacks people patriotism becuse they dont agree on a issue.

but then again you should just start calling me a unamerican nazi who loves Hilter...thats the new right wing attack right for all who want a health care system that helps all, not just those who can afford it? I know its a horrible goal to help people get health care....as bad as killing all the jews.

it.

show me proof, and who. 10 bucks says you cant.
if you do they where completly out of line, but you know what? you dont seem to care when your side keeps calling out nazi facist Hitler......so you have no room to cry here.

you would like a uninformed idiot who attacks people patriotism becuse they dont agree on a issue.

but then again you should just start calling me a unamerican nazi who loves Hilter...thats the new right wing attack right for all who want a health care system that helps all, not just those who can afford it? I know its a horrible goal to help people get health care....as bad as killing all the jews.

NO NO NO I am the un American brown shirt, evil doer and what else has our congressmen accused me of. You can not have that title. It is reserved for people like me who wear it with pride :)

The man had a right to ask his congressmen the question. Remember the congressman works for the man not the other way around. This man has every right to say what he did. I dont even know if this video is the same person or not. But the person I saw does absolutly have the right to question or congressmen.

I do not think he has the right to call you un American, or a brown shirt like our current congressmen have said about some of us Americans. But I think he has the right to say it to and about our congressmen.

NO NO NO I am the un American brown shirt, evil doer and what else has our congressmen accused me of. You can not have that title. It is reserved for people like me who wear it with pride :)

The man had a right to ask his congressmen the question. Remember the congressman works for the man not the other way around. This man has every right to say what he did. I dont even know if this video is the same person or not. But the person I saw does absolutly have the right to question or congressmen.

I do not think he has the right to call you un American, or a brown shirt like our current congressmen have said about some of us Americans. But I think he has the right to say it to and about our congressmen.

again you talk alot, yet have nothing to back it up. At best your talking one congressmen vs the many we see daily now with the Nazi bull attacking congress..and does he have the right to ask a question? yes, should he be up there calling him a nazi and saying he is Unamerican like the questioner did? no, he is a worthless peice of trash . He wants to call our elected leaders Nazi's for supporting health care reform, then fine I must be a nazi to. becuse I want reform. so be it, round up the jews, its Killing time... Hope your a white aryan cuz I am going to kill anyone who is not....becuse I want health care reform

Now post proof of this actul brown shirt comment,,...I want to see it, I will be waiting...just like your video of Michel Obama saying I hate whitey or what ever, and the proof that Obama gave a nut job head in the limo, and that Obama is not realy a American....and all the other bull stories you have helped push with no proof, all to fall flat as Lies.

show me proof, and who. 10 bucks says you cant.
if you do they where completly out of line, but you know what? you dont seem to care when your side keeps calling out nazi facist Hitler......so you have no room to cry here.

I am not crying pocket, I am actually very proud. I guess it sounds strange for me to say that but I can not express to you how low my opinion is of our congress, president.. the whole government situation. If they are calling me anti American, unpatriotic, brown shirt, evil monger

considering what I think they really feel about our Country... Its actually a compliment even if it is meant to be something else.

http://www.columbian.com/article/20090806/NEWS02/708069952/Baird+fears+foes+may+plan+‘+ambush’+

Werbung:
Its kind of a big deal to those here on the upper left coast who do not care for the current health care bill option since its a congressman in Washington. He compared us to nazi's too :) I am sure its ok though for our public officials to call citizens nazi's and brown shirters and mobs exc. Because we are here to serve them and not them us right?

Back