Silent no more

People should not be calling other people nazi's or hate mongers or anti American, that is not very nice.

But its even worse, far worse when our public officials are the ones calling us these things, cant you at least agree about that?

Werbung:
I am not crying pocket, I am actually very proud. I guess it sounds strange for me to say that but I can not express to you how low my opinion is of our congress, president.. the whole government situation. If they are calling me anti American, unpatriotic, brown shirt, evil monger

considering what I think they really feel about our Country... Its actually a compliment even if it is meant to be something else.

http://www.columbian.com/article/20090806/NEWS02/708069952/Baird+fears+foes+may+plan+‘+ambush’+

see here is the difference....since it seems he actuly said that I would say he was out of line, and should apoligize for it. though the tacits being used are horrible, with the burning of effig's of congressmen, parading around with guns, shouting down them in town halls yelling nazi and not letting anyone actuly talk....its a sick show of the values of democracy and real debate.

However I dont see you ever attacking them for it, you seem fine with it. I stood up evry time I can recall some left nut said Bush was Hitler or something like that on here...becuse its dumb and uncalled for, and you know how much I hated Bush II. over 4000 american troops are dead in Iraq and I hold him responsible for taking that action that I feel was based on lies and poor planning. and his choice, not a war he was forced into. That said I may have called him a lier, a idiot, and chickenhawk...ext...but I never called him a nazi, a facist, called him Hitler, or Unamerican.

now

it seems you dont havthatat, you seem to be fine with that type off attack on Obama and supporters of Health care reform. Yes I know we are evil, wanting a choice of health care thats nofor p profit, that we can transfer from job to job, that we dont neeto w worry about preexisting conditions....that those without enough income can still have becuse wknow t that just becuse yr pooror does not mean your life should have no value in our health care system...because we know that early treamentan save e many lives, and cut down the huge costs of Emerganccare whenen its to late and they are having a heart attack with no insurance and its being paid for by the taxpayer anyway....Yes we are all nazis. wall h hate America. we all are just evil. You seem to think so, or at least are not willing to actuly s that t those who make such claims are out of line....but what does that say about you?

I just wonder how far they have to go before you would actuly call these people out for what they are. Maybe someone actuly has to to get shot at a protest. maybe a congressmen has to actuly be hung outside the townhall. Who knows maybe you would not even care then. All I know is that I actuly stood up to those on the left who have done such things, even *****ed out posters on here on my side who said something I felt out of line..to the point you even comment on how harsh I was against them....but you seem content to let the nazi unamerican attacks go for those who belive as I do..so I must guess you think that I am also a Facist nazi who hates America.

ps , this was posted after your above one, but I was writting it while you wrote it....but still stands that this has gone on for some time, and you said nothing

see here is the difference....since it seems he actuly said that I would say he was out of line, and should apoligize for it. though the tacits being used are horrible, with the burning of effig's of congressmen, parading around with guns, shouting down them in town halls yelling nazi and not letting anyone actuly talk....its a sick show of the values of democracy and real debate.

However I dont see you ever attacking them for it, you seem fine with it. I stood up evry time I can recall some left nut said Bush was Hitler or something like that on here...becuse its dumb and uncalled for, and you know how much I hated Bush II. over 4000 american troops are dead in Iraq and I hold him responsible for taking that action that I feel was based on lies and poor planning. and his choice, not a war he was forced into. That said I may have called him a lier, a idiot, and chickenhawk...ext...but I never called him a nazi, a facist, called him Hitler, or Unamerican.

now

it seems you dont havthatat, you seem to be fine with that type off attack on Obama and supporters of Health care reform. Yes I know we are evil, wanting a choice of health care thats nofor p profit, that we can transfer from job to job, that we dont neeto w worry about preexisting conditions....that those without enough income can still have becuse wknow t that just becuse yr pooror does not mean your life should have no value in our health care system...because we know that early treamentan save e many lives, and cut down the huge costs of Emerganccare whenen its to late and they are having a heart attack with no insurance and its being paid for by the taxpayer anyway....Yes we are all nazis. wall h hate America. we all are just evil. You seem to think so, or at least are not willing to actuly s that t those who make such claims are out of line....but what does that say about you?

I just wonder how far they have to go before you would actuly call these people out for what they are. Maybe someone actuly has to to get shot at a protest. maybe a congressmen has to actuly be hung outside the townhall. Who knows maybe you would not even care then. All I know is that I actuly stood up to those on the left who have done such things, even *****ed out posters on here on my side who said something I felt out of line..to the point you even comment on how harsh I was against them....but you seem content to let the nazi unamerican attacks go for those who belive as I do..so I must guess you think that I am also a Facist nazi who hates America.

ps , this was posted after your above one, but I was writting it while you wrote it....but still stands that this has gone on for some time, and you said nothing

Pocket I never said you called President Bush a Nazi, I hope you are not thinking that is what I am saying.

I also must admit I have not seen all the town halls. I saw the town hall with Arlen Spector, I did not see anything wrong with how the people there acted. I did not see the video of the people with guns outside of a town hall, and I have not defended it or spoken against it because I did not see it and I honestly do not know who to believe, I have just been reading the back and fourth over it in a thread here about it.

I never condemed the left when they did really horrible things like have posters that said President Bush was hitler, or Thank God for dead soilders, or we support our troops when they kill their officers.

I did say it was horrible and wrong when they drug two differnt people out of their cars and beat them up at their pathetic peace rallys. I also think the black man giving away dont tread on me flags should not have been beaten up and sent to the emergency room at a recent town hall. I did say those were wrong.

If ANY public official called you a nazi, brown shirter, hate monger exc. during hte last 8 years, I sure never heard it and would have been royally pissed off at it. Now when the right and left talk show hosts say it, I think its different, the left always demonizes the right and the right always does the same to the left, that is not new. It is new when our congressmen and other public officials are targeting us the citizen.

You say 'the tacits being used are horrible, with the burning of effig's of congressmen' But I never heard you say anything about when it happened to President Bush and it has a number of times since I have been posting here.

I think its wrong and crude but honestly if we are going to sit back and say nothing when Americans do that to our President why on earth should our panties get in a bunch over doing it to some low life congressman?

If someone does one on obama I wont bat an eye, I am used to idiot people buring look alike dolls of people after 8 years of seeing it done to President Bush.

It would be nice if they stopped doing it, but I am not going to get outraged because now they did it to a democrat and that just crosses some silly line.

Pocket I never said you called President Bush a Nazi, I hope you are not thinking that is what I am saying.

I also must admit I have not seen all the town halls. I saw the town hall with Arlen Spector, I did not see anything wrong with how the people there acted. I did not see the video of the people with guns outside of a town hall, and I have not defended it or spoken against it because I did not see it and I honestly do not know who to believe, I have just been reading the back and fourth over it in a thread here about it.

I never condemed the left when they did really horrible things like have posters that said President Bush was hitler, or Thank God for dead soilders, or we support our troops when they kill their officers.

I did say it was horrible and wrong when they drug two differnt people out of their cars and beat them up at their pathetic peace rallys. I also think the black man giving away dont tread on me flags should not have been beaten up and sent to the emergency room at a recent town hall. I did say those were wrong.

If ANY public official called you a nazi, brown shirter, hate monger exc. during hte last 8 years, I sure never heard it and would have been royally pissed off at it. Now when the right and left talk show hosts say it, I think its different, the left always demonizes the right and the right always does the same to the left, that is not new. It is new when our congressmen and other public officials are targeting us the citizen.

You say 'the tacits being used are horrible, with the burning of effig's of congressmen' But I never heard you say anything about when it happened to President Bush and it has a number of times since I have been posting here.

I think its wrong and crude but honestly if we are going to sit back and say nothing when Americans do that to our President why on earth should our panties get in a bunch over doing it to some low life congressman?

If someone does one on obama I wont bat an eye, I am used to idiot people buring look alike dolls of people after 8 years of seeing it done to President Bush.

It would be nice if they stopped doing it, but I am not going to get outraged because now they did it to a democrat and that just crosses some silly line.

go look again, becuse I have always attacked this stuff, from the left, becuse is makes me and others on the left look bad to be lumped in with them. And yes I get pissed off, I dont just say well the right does it so its ok, like you seem to be doing. And I ever went ofter them when most of the time the people thrown in as being on the left, are Anarchist , who realy are against goverment at all...not liberals. But you can feel free to sit back and not say much, saying nothing speaks volumes as well. A liberal on the board I use to be admin for once attacked a right winger on there for being UnAmerican....I let off a rant against him and it that had to be put in more hten one post it was so long, becuse that is how much that crap pisses me off. And the thing you dont seem to get is, when you attack one leader as Umerican for holding his view of health care...its a attack on evry single person who agrees with that person. The patranizing saying of the pledge of Aligence and yelling it at a congressmen who if for health care, implying somehow he is somehow not being American....is a sickning display of ignorance. Sometimes it shocks me how much some on the right think they are so much better and so American...while the rest of us are somehow less American then them.

also how is it you can read the news, watch the news, or post on here and have not seen the videos ? Also do you think we are realy just posting video links and hoping no one realy watches them and there realy is not what we said on them? I know its clear your computer cant handle it for some reason as you have said it more then a few times on video your side as well...but trust me its there, and the video is scary. the Difference of Democracy and Mob Rule is not much at times...and they seem to want to get a little closer to that line then makes me comfy,

go look again, becuse I have always attacked this stuff, from the left, becuse is makes me and others on the left look bad to be lumped in with them. And yes I get pissed off, I dont just say well the right does it so its ok, like you seem to be doing. And I ever went ofter them when most of the time the people thrown in as being on the left, are Anarchist , who realy are against goverment at all...not liberals. But you can feel free to sit back and not say much, saying nothing speaks volumes as well. A liberal on the board I use to be admin for once attacked a right winger on there for being UnAmerican....I let off a rant against him and it that had to be put in more hten one post it was so long, becuse that is how much that crap pisses me off. And the thing you dont seem to get is, when you attack one leader as Umerican for holding his view of health care...its a attack on evry single person who agrees with that person. The patranizing saying of the pledge of Aligence and yelling it at a congressmen who if for health care, implying somehow he is somehow not being American....is a sickning display of ignorance. Sometimes it shocks me how much some on the right think they are so much better and so American...while the rest of us are somehow less American then them.

also how is it you can read the news, watch the news, or post on here and have not seen the videos ? Also do you think we are realy just posting video links and hoping no one realy watches them and there realy is not what we said on them? I know its clear your computer cant handle it for some reason as you have said it more then a few times on video your side as well...but trust me its there, and the video is scary. the Difference of Democracy and Mob Rule is not much at times...and they seem to want to get a little closer to that line then makes me comfy,

Congress has a job, to protect and defend the constitution. Forcing our grandchildren to pay for our health care and forcing some groups to pay for others is NO WHERE in the constitution. A citizen has a right to call the congressmem on the carpet for not doing his job, Protecting and defending the constitution.

You as a private citizen can advocate for what ever you want.

I cant watch youtubes right now so I did not see that particular video. People I trust and respect say there was nothing wrong with what the guys did, the left who I almost never agree with are livid over it. After seeing the video I will probably agree with the more conservative people but till I see it I dont really have an opinion.

It odd, you think this private citizen who has probably sacrificed more for our country than you and I put together calling a congressman on the carpet and in the process saying his state socialized medicine is nazi like, and the nazis did have state socialized medicine

but its no big deal when a number of congressmen and congresswomen, senators and president, speaker of the house Majoirty whips so and and so on

can say that those who oppose nationalized socialized healthcare are

nazi's, fake, astroturf, hate mongers, angry mobs, evil mongers, brown shirters, the cause of the problem, we are told to shut up by the president, he doesnt mind fixing it but he wants us to shut up.

You may love this congress and this president but they will be out of power sooner or later and some congress and president you wont like will be in power.

We should all speak up now and we should insist that our president and our congress does not attack private citizens or demonize private citizens.

Citizens screaming at eachother your a nazi is something totally different than when our government is the one doing it. I just do not see how you can not see that.

Ah, yes, another citizen who is ... calling health care reform "Nazism".
Most of the time I think of you as well informed but its statements like this that leave me wondering if you bothered to actually listen to Mr. Hedricks statements (and completely misunderstood him) or if you're simply relying on left wing spin to inform yourself about what he said... It would seem the latter.

When are we going to hear some real debate about the real issues we face in the area of health care?
When do we ever have legitimate debates on the merit of a topic? Both sides have to ratchet things up with outrageous hyperbole and half truths to get people motivated. If the "debate" were cool, calm and collective... it wouldn't get nearly as much attention.

Aside from that, the Left is trying to claim the moral high ground on the HC debate, thereby labeling those who oppose their plan immoral. Since the Right, for the most part, subscribe to the same altruistic morality, they have a difficult time fighting back against such accusations. The reality is that any time the government uses its monopoly of force to redistribute wealth (in this case services), the rights of individuals are being infringed upon, the minorities (in this case those who are forced to provide/pay for the service) are not being protected and such actions are entirely immoral.

Or is the current "you're a Nazi, no you are" exchange that passes for debate going to continue?
I agree, people need to learn what Fascism is, how its different from Nazi'ism, and they need to use the term only when appropriate... Otherwise it remains just as meaningless as it is today, purely a synonym for "bad" or "undesireable".

We can neither afford to do nothing nor continue to debate non issues.
This is the Presidents favorite strawman too: "We can't afford to do nothing!" When NOBODY is suggesting that NO reforms are necessary. There are two opposing viewpoints for reform; expand government control over the healthcare industry or reduce government control over the industry.

Again, nobody is suggesting that we do nothing, so its frustrating to hear you use Left wing talking points and make such completely meritless statements.

Gen, I cant hear the video but is this the one where the guy says I served my country and kept my oath to protect and defend the constitution and when are you going to do the same or something to that effect?
Yep, that's the guy. The congressman's answer to the question was, "Yes I will." When Congressman, when? If you've been doing it all along your answer should have been, "That's what I've been doing." But he knows as well as his constituents that politicians only see the Constitution as a prop and only use, or refer to, it when it helps their case... as GW Bush said, "Its just a G-Damn piece of paper!" They don't take the oath seriously, 'just words, just speeches'.

If this is your Citizen of the week I am all for it.
The overall tone of his message was, "Who do you think you are!?" And that's a message that these political elites need to hear more of from their constituents. The same bill they are trying to force on the rest of America, they are unwilling to be a part of themselves and exempt themselves from living by the same rules and standards as the rest of us. There were multiple amendments offered that would have required the politicians to use the same system they were trying to pass for the rest of us and every amendment went down in flames because these politicians know their plan is garbage and they don't want to be stuck with it.

I heard today some congressman said those of us who are protesting the new health care are brown shirts. I am starting to really dislike the government more than ever!
If you listen to the congressman, he says "I never said that." Then he realizes he's on record as having said it and immediately changes his tune to, "I've appologized for my comments." Typical politician but there's no shortage of Left Wing stooges ready to defend him, as if an appology means jack squat, as if an appology equates to a muligan and we should all pretend like it was never said.

Pelosi didn't complain when her side was waving swastikas and comparing Bush to Hitler for 8 long years, so Mr. Hedrick was right on target slamming her for having a log in her eye but complaining about the splinter in someone else's.

Most of the time I think of you as well informed but its statements like this that leave me wondering if you bothered to actually listen to Mr. Hedricks statements (and completely misunderstood him) or if you're simply relying on left wing spin to inform yourself about what he said... It would seem the latter.

What I posted was based solely on the content of the video. He did compare health care reform to Nazism. He also claimed to be a disabled vet, which would have qualified him for government health care already, yet seemed to think that the government wanted to take his health care plan away from him. He was the misinformed one, not me.

When do we ever have legitimate debates on the merit of a topic? Both sides have to ratchet things up with outrageous hyperbole and half truths to get people motivated. If the "debate" were cool, calm and collective... it wouldn't get nearly as much attention.

I have to admit that the hype, half truths, outrageous statements and outright lies being told by both sides do garner attention. What we need, though, is light rather than heat, fact rather than hype, pragmatism rather than ideology, and truth rather than lies.

Aside from that, the Left is trying to claim the moral high ground on the HC debate, thereby labeling those who oppose their plan immoral. Since the Right, for the most part, subscribe to the same altruistic morality, they have a difficult time fighting back against such accusations. The reality is that any time the government uses its monopoly of force to redistribute wealth (in this case services), the rights of individuals are being infringed upon, the minorities (in this case those who are forced to provide/pay for the service) are not being protected and such actions are entirely immoral.

Is that what health care reform is all about in your view, a redistribution of wealth?

Or is it an attempt to rein in the out of control costs of health care?

As it is now, anyone can get health care, and the rest of us pay for it one way or another. Reforming the system is not taking wealth away from one person to hand it to someone else. It is developing a real system rather than a patchwork of complicated plans that leave most of us with inadequate coverage and costs us double what the rest of the world has to pay.

I agree, people need to learn what Fascism is, how its different from Nazi'ism, and they need to use the term only when appropriate... Otherwise it remains just as meaningless as it is today, purely a synonym for "bad" or "undesireable".

Yes, both "Nazism" and "fascism" are used to mean "undesirable", as are a whole lot of other misused terms. The word "socialism" comes to mind.

This is the Presidents favorite strawman too: "We can't afford to do nothing!" When NOBODY is suggesting that NO reforms are necessary. There are two opposing viewpoints for reform; expand government control over the healthcare industry or reduce government control over the industry.

Again, nobody is suggesting that we do nothing, so its frustrating to hear you use Left wing talking points and make such completely meritless statements.

No one is suggesting that we do nothing, but no one is suggesting an alternative to reforming the system, if it can be called that, that we have now. Right now, the only plan that has been written is HR 3200.

If we don't want to debate and refine what is actually written in that plan, then it's time to write a new one.

But, when hype, outright lies, half truths and ideology are keeping us from formulating any plan, then yes, the alternative is to do nothing. The opposition may not be saying, "Let's do nothing", but their actions are keeping anything meaningful from happening.

In the final analysis, isn't that the same as advocating that we do nothing?

NO NO NO I am the un American brown shirt, evil doer and what else has our congressmen accused me of. You can not have that title. It is reserved for people like me who wear it with pride :)

The man had a right to ask his congressmen the question. Remember the congressman works for the man not the other way around. This man has every right to say what he did. I dont even know if this video is the same person or not. But the person I saw does absolutly have the right to question or congressmen.

I do not think he has the right to call you un American, or a brown shirt like our current congressmen have said about some of us Americans. But I think he has the right to say it to and about our congressmen.

Pandora come on... :rolleyes:

Isn't it true that these Congressmen are putting themselves out there to try and explain the fundamentals of Health Insurance Reform?

And isn't it true that there's nothing making them do that except that they really want people to understand it and not be bafooned by all the fraud & trickery the pubbies & their Insurance Lobby is promoting in their misinformation blitz?

And isn't it true that people getting up only bashing these elected officials and not asking a question is very nonproductive and counter to what the purpose of the meeting is?

And isn't it true that elected officials work for the people they don't just work for those who get bused in to scream & insult the loudest?

If someone doesn't want people to have affordable health insurance fine... say that all day long.

But for god's sake don't get sucked into thinking that it's proper to simply disrupt meetings acting like an insane bully and being threatening and uncivilized.

Ah, yes, another citizen who is either a disabled vet, as he says, and is therefore already on national health insurance...
Was your point here that because he's in the VA system and already getting national HC that he's a hypocrite?

Have you considered...

A. Because he's in the system he knows how much it stinks and doesn't want to see it expanded.

B. He took his oath to protect the Constitution seriously and doesn't want to see more Un-Constitutional legislation passed.

C. He understands that Universal Healthcare is a violation of individual rights and is willing to defend the rights of minorities from the tyranny of a majority.

D. He's opposed to business and government getting in bed with one another because its always We the People who lose and the State that wins.

E. The bill for UHC will balloon out of control just like every other welfare program and endebt him, his children, and grandchildren for generations.

F. The UHC will have to bring cost overruns under control and healthcare rationing will be the result.

Did you consider any of those as his impetus for being in government run HC but still opposing it?

Was your point here that because he's in the VA system and already getting national HC that he's a hypocrite?

Have you considered...

A. Because he's in the system he knows how much it stinks and doesn't want to see it expanded.

B. He took his oath to protect the Constitution seriously and doesn't want to see more Un-Constitutional legislation passed.

C. He understands that Universal Healthcare is a violation of individual rights and is willing to defend the rights of minorities from the tyranny of a majority.

D. He's opposed to business and government getting in bed with one another because its always We the People who lose and the State that wins.

E. The bill for UHC will balloon out of control just like every other welfare program and endebt him, his children, and grandchildren for generations.

F. The UHC will have to bring cost overruns under control and healthcare rationing will be the result.

Did you consider any of those as his impetus for being in government run HC but still opposing it?

Could be, but he didn't actually say any of the above. What he did say was that he didn't want the government to take his health insurance away (which is not an issue anyway), that the congressman who called the meeting was calling the opposition "brownshirts", and then went on to call health care reform Nazism. As I said, my post was purely based on the video, nothing more.

The real issues, if,a s I've been told, no one is really against reforming the system we currently have, are as follows:

Does the tentative plan proposed by the House address cost controls adequately? If not, how can that issue be better addressed?

Does the issue of tort reform need to be addressed in the bill? Then, let's add it.

And the biggie: How is the plan going to be paid for? That is not insurmountable by any means, but pretending that there is a free lunch is not an option.

Those are the biggest three issues, from my perspective. The nonsense about Nazism, "socialized" medicine, redistribution of wealth, offing granny, and so on are non issues, strawmen, and not worthy of serious debate.

He did compare health care reform to Nazism.
Give me the exact quote where he states that "attempts to reform healthcare equate to nazism". I've listened to the clip many times in the last few days and I've never heard what you claim is there.

He also claimed to be a disabled vet, which would have qualified him for government health care already, yet seemed to think that the government wanted to take his health care plan away from him.
Is the audio in the clip totally different on your computer?

Here's what he said:

"I also heard you say that you will let us keep our health insurance, well thank you! Its not your right to decide whether or not I keep my healthcare insurance."

Nowhere in that statement does he seem 'to think that government wants to take his health care plan away from him', Mr. Hedrick is upset, and rightly so, that government portends to make ANY healthcare decisions for us and he's insulted, once again rightly so, that these politicians think we should be appreciative that they are so magnanimous as to allow us to keep our current insurance. How big of them.

Aren't we fortunate to live in a "free" society where government "lets us" decide where we get our HC insurance? Do you really not see the arrogant elitism that oozes out of the mouths of these politicians?

He was the misinformed one, not me.
Unless you have different audio playing for the clip, it seems your interpretation of Mr. Hedricks statements are incredibly flawed and strangely in line with the Left Wing distortions.

What we need, though, is light rather than heat, fact rather than hype, pragmatism rather than ideology, and truth rather than lies.
I really don't know what your infatuation is with "pragmatism", the "whatever works" mentality is responsible for giving us the patchwork system of short-sighted quick fixes. Ideology uses a principled approach to problem solving while pragmatism is the wholesale rejection of principles.

Is that what health care reform is all about in your view, a redistribution of wealth?
Is there only one way to reform healthcare? The Progressive way is a continuation and expansion of the redistributive philosophy while the type of reform I support is based on Capitalist principles.

Right now we give away healthcare for "free" to those who can't afford it. The cost of that "free" healthcare is passed onto those who "can" afford it. This is a redistribution of wealth. Doing the same thing with healthcare insurance, via a public option subsidized by taxpayers, is also a redistributive system.

Or is it an attempt to rein in the out of control costs of health care?
Well if you're talking about creating a "Public Option" to "compete" (unfairly) against private insurance, then the "out of control costs" will get even farther out of control, and quickly.

I'm watching C-Span right now and (D) Jim Moran is speaking at a townhall in Virginia. Representative Moran explained the "Public Option" as an expansion of Medicare/Medicaid programs. If you think modeling our National HC plan after those bankrupt programs constitutes "reform" which is an "attempt to rein in the out of control costs", then we have an irreconcilable disagreement on appropriate reform and on what constitutes a redistribution of wealth.

As it is now, anyone can get health care, and the rest of us pay for it one way or another.
Do you think that is moral? I don't. Those who think they have a "moral obligation" to pay for other people to receive goods and services - at no charge - should be free to choose to donate to charities that perform these functions while those who do not feel it's their moral obligation to do so should be free to choose not to donate to such charity.

The same is true for HC insurance. If you think providing others with HC ins. is a moral obligation, then dig deep into your own wallet and make it happen by your own free will and by your own choice. What you should not do is utilize the governments monopoly on force to eliminate the free will and freedom of choice for others in order to force your morality onto them.

Reforming the system is not taking wealth away from one person to hand it to someone else.
Depends on who's reform you're looking at, doesn't it? The Progressive's proposed system of expanding Medicare/Medicaid is an expansion of the welfare state and an expansion of the redistributive philosophy that's bankrupting the country (fiscally and morally).

It is developing a real system rather than a patchwork of complicated plans that leave most of us with inadequate coverage and costs us double what the rest of the world has to pay.
That "patchwork" system was designed, implemented and is currently administrated by the government.

Why do you have faith that the same government who created the mess can effectively reform it? I'd rather have government get out of the HC business and let the free market work:

1. Remove gov. mandates on Ins. Companies that prevent them from offering affordable options, such as Catastrophic care.

2. Remove the burdensome regulations that prevent Ins. Companies from competing over state lines (the "public option" would "compete" with the Ins. Co. over state lines and not be held to the same rules and standards as the private Ins. Co.s.).

3. Tort Reform is also a badly needed reform but seeing as the trial lawyer lobby is currently the number one lobby group in Washington and they came in #2 in the 2008 election cycle (with 85% of their quarter Billion dollars worth of contributions going to Democrats), I don't see tort reform happening with the Democrats in control of Washington.

There are more but those are the top 3 reforms I'd suggest.

Yes, both "Nazism" and "fascism" are used to mean "undesirable", as are a whole lot of other misused terms. The word "socialism" comes to mind.
Capitalism too, look at how many of the small minded have drool running down their chin while blaming "unregulated" capitalism for our problems.

BTW, a "mixed" economy (our system) is a Fascist design, its the "third way" between Lassez Faire Capitalism and a Communist/Socialist style Command Economy. Under our system, the means of production are (for the most part, save some banks, ins. companies and auto makers) owned privately but regulated by the Gov. That is a Fascist economic model, adopted over a century ago before terms like Fascist and Dictator were seen in a negative light, and it was instituted by Progressives at the turn of the century.

No one is suggesting that we do nothing, but no one is suggesting an alternative to reforming the system...
Cmon... You can't be that misinformed... That's a leftist talking point, pure propaganda, and not based on actual facts.

Right now, the only plan that has been written is HR 3200.
You should watch more C-Span:

Republicans Have Offered Three Alternative Health Care Reform Bills

I won't pretend to agree with all their ideas for reform but its a better direction than what the Democrats are offering.

If we don't want to debate and refine what is actually written in that plan, then it's time to write a new one.
If we allow the typical unprincipled approach of pragmatism to guide the reforms, we will find yet another square on the patchwork quilt that will require more patches to cover the holes it creates.

But, when hype, outright lies, half truths and ideology are keeping us from formulating any plan, then yes, the alternative is to do nothing.
Blaming Ideology? I just don't get that... Do you have any principles? Are those principles worth fighting for or do you just discard, or compromise, them when faced with opposition?

The opposition may not be saying, "Let's do nothing", but their actions are keeping anything meaningful from happening.
So you're totally misinformed... your news source didn't inform you that the Republicans have offered 3 HC alternatives since May and that same source is leading you to believe that the opposition that gets the most media coverage constitutes "the" opposition. (Spotlight fallacy)

As this gas being passed over another "Joe The Plumper" whiner who either lied about being a disabled veteran, or is so uninformed on the topic he's yapping about he's unaware veteran's care has nothing to do with the discussion.

Werbung:
Pandora come on... :rolleyes:

Isn't it true that these Congressmen are putting themselves out there to try and explain the fundamentals of Health Insurance Reform?

And isn't it true that there's nothing making them do that except that they really want people to understand it and not be bafooned by all the fraud & trickery the pubbies & their Insurance Lobby is promoting in their misinformation blitz?

And isn't it true that people getting up only bashing these elected officials and not asking a question is very nonproductive and counter to what the purpose of the meeting is?

And isn't it true that elected officials work for the people they don't just work for those who get bused in to scream & insult the loudest?

If someone doesn't want people to have affordable health insurance fine... say that all day long.

But for god's sake don't get sucked into thinking that it's proper to simply disrupt meetings acting like an insane bully and being threatening and uncivilized.

Everything you said is partially true except the congressmans reasons for doing the town halls. They are trying to sell it to us like used car salesmen. If there was not so much public anger over it they would have just pass it before they left for the recess with the majority they have but the people are so raging mad the blue dogs can't vote for it and be sure they have a job come election time.

and also that there are people who do not want affordable health care or do not want others to have affordable health care, its THIS bill that is the problem.

Back