Since when Poker became a sport?

steveox

Why are these sports channels televising Poker tourneys? If poker is a sport why isn't ESPN televising the WWE? If poker is a sport why isn't ESPN televising this?
bullfighting-o.gif

Its a sport

Werbung:
Same reason they air boxing, wrestling, half pipe, bmx, mma etc.
What does the "E" stand for ?
Entertainment. MMA is a sport its like boxing but you use bare fists without gloves. BMX is a sport it takes skill on bikes to do this. But what kind of skill do you need to hold 5 cards?

Entertainment. MMA is a sport its like boxing but you use bare fists without gloves. BMX is a sport it takes skill on bikes to do this. But what kind of skill do you need to hold 5 cards?
Math. Point is all are entertaunment first, sport second. And the winner us not predetermined in poker.

LOL - Put your $10K on the table and tell me it doesn't take skill ... and that you don't sweat. I occasionally play in tournaments - the hours are staggering (you don't see that on TV) - I actually have a workout program for the two weeks prior to the tournament so I can make thru the grueling effort.

It doesn't take any kind of skill to hold 5 cards ... and lose. But, it takes a hell of a lot of skill to hold 5 cards ... and win.

Exactly so .... it is a game of mathematics. Over a period of time, I can GUARANTEE I will be a winner ... there may be ups and downs, but eventually the math, if you use it, pays off. It is truly science.

Like walter says its a game of luck! just like blackjack is. This is another even ESPN televises
TomWirth-480.jpg

How this is a sport?

Last edited:
Like walter says its a game of luck! just like blackjack is. This is another even ESPN televises
TomWirth-480.jpg

How this is a sport?

If you think it's luck, come to my table ... I can use the extra money!!

Werbung:
Back