Sleepwalker McCain: Patriot or Hypocrite?

Obama not only admits to having tried marijuana, he freely admits to having inhaled saying, "that was the whole point." McCain has solemnly vowed to lock up even medicinal pot smokers but regularly uses powerful sleeping pills known to have hazardous side effects.

Patriot or hypocrite? You decide.

Enjoy this 4 minute spoof from the makers of "American Drug War".

ABC News: McCain's Ambien Use - A Security Threat?
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Politics/Story?id=4919842&page=1

Werbung:
Obama not only admits to having tried marijuana, he freely admits to having inhaled saying, "that was the whole point." McCain has solemnly vowed to lock up even medicinal pot smokers but regularly uses powerful sleeping pills known to have hazardous side effects.

I am a little unsure what drug does not have some hazardous side effect that can occur. I think that taking a prescription sleeping pill is a bit different from using an illegal drug.

Werbung:

I get your point. It's the age thing.

John McCain comes from a different time. It's like when he was asked last night... What was your greatest personal failure in life and he said... The break up of my first marriage... and not... My running around on my wife. People of his generation talk about things differently. They're not as open.

Compare that to Senator Obama talking openly and even putting it in his books that he had done some drugs as a college kid. None of this "I didn't inhale crap". His mindset is focused toward educating not just burying it in some kind of shame. It's the... I did it and I can tell you why it's not good or helpful and you shouldn't do it approach.

But back to the pot. You also see the age and generational difference there. In the old days prescription drugs weren't even considered drugs really. Look at Elvis. He got Nixon to give him a Frickin' DEA badge and was very outspoken against street drugs. All the while he's poppin' handfuls of speed to wake up and handfuls of downers to sleep and everything in between to get through the day... it killed him.

In 2008 we all know pot has medical benefits... that's just a fact. There is absolutely nothing wrong with medical pot except that many older or not well informed people think back to the old "Reefer Madness" movies and just can't accept it as ever being medically helpful.

Enter John McSame... and yes it's hypocritical.;)