Slurs

Zylstra

Why is it that instead of addressing the opposition's point, so many resort to childish name calling. I'm not talking about trashing someone AND showing why they're wrong (poor manners). but outright ad homs, where the opposition is simply disregarded as 'racists', 'teabaggers', and 'dirty commies'.

Seriously, is this a nation of 12-year-olds

Werbung:
I have noticed the same. I have also noticed a change in the way we lable things.

When watergate happened, we called it watergate based on the event instead of naming those who wanted to know more about what happened "gaters"

Now anything against obama or even if its not against him but just wanting more clear answers people are reduced to

tea baggers instead of what the left was called, anti war protesters

and birthers and deathers, haters and of course the ever popular racists!

you can not ask a question or demand clarification without the left sticking a lable on you as a bad person for asking for some answers or evidence to what ever the particular thing is.

Why is it that instead of addressing the opposition's point, so many resort to childish name calling. I'm not talking about trashing someone AND showing why they're wrong (poor manners). but outright ad homs, where the opposition is simply disregarded as 'racists', 'teabaggers', and 'dirty commies'.

Seriously, is this a nation of 12-year-olds

Welcome Zylstra.

To your point: excellent observation. It is indeed unfortunate when issues can not be discussed without the mindless denigration and name-calling. To identify Libs, Cons, or anyone as part of an ideological group is one thing. Even "commies" should be acceptable, to identify a perceived Communist attitude or perspective. But the "dirty" is an unnecessary component, and it really is a shame that there are those who retreat to cutting remarks and gross over-generalizations to cover their weak position.

I look forward to your input, and on whichever side of issues hope that we can engage with civility.

I have noticed the same. I have also noticed a change in the way we lable things.

When watergate happened, we called it watergate based on the event instead of naming those who wanted to know more about what happened "gaters"

Now anything against obama or even if its not against him but just wanting more clear answers people are reduced to

you can not ask a question or demand clarification without the left stick a lable on you as a bad person for asking for some answers or evidence to what ever the particular thing is.

Pan, true! However, in all fairness, it's not always those from the left doing it. I'm not talking about the obvious irritation that results in a curtness not typically present in some posts, or as I stated in my response to Zylstra the identifying Libs, Cons, etc. Lefties, righties, etc. are all just facts. And if there is a truly racist statement attitude or statement made, racist it is and should be called by its name. But the patently false, empty usage we've experienced is not low class, it's no class.

Point made, Pan. But don't forget there are those from more Conservative views acting poorly too. We just generally like to win our arguments on solid points and facts, and not resort to snappy comebacks and insults.

Pan, true! However, in all fairness, it's not always those from the left doing it. I'm not talking about the obvious irritation that results in a curtness not typically present in some posts, or as I stated in my response to Zylstra the identifying Libs, Cons, etc. Lefties, righties, etc. are all just facts. And if there is a truly racist statement attitude or statement made, racist it is and should be called by its name. But the patently false, empty usage we've experienced is not low class, it's no class.

Point made, Pan. But don't forget there are those from more Conservative views acting poorly too. We just generally like to win our arguments on solid points and facts, and not resort to snappy comebacks and insults.

Ah I agree with you. "truthers" come to mind Both sides have meanies who attack I agree

you can not ask a question or demand clarification without the left sticking a lable on you as a bad person for asking for some answers or evidence to what ever the particular thing is.

Tea Baggers....aka the ones at the tea party rallies....seems a fitting name

Deathers....only used for those who belive in Death Panals, that are known false....seems fair to attack them for ignarance

Birthers...see above for Obama not a American....they are retards and should be treated as such.

haters....when you see people screaming in mad hate, blind fury , and no facts...thats a hater,,,

All names aimed at groups on the right...but focused on those who belive those dumb things. seems fair to me

Tea Baggers....aka the ones at the tea party rallies....seems a fitting name

Deathers....only used for those who belive in Death Panals, that are known false....seems fair to attack them for ignarance

Birthers...see above for Obama not a American....they are retards and should be treated as such.

haters....when you see people screaming in mad hate, blind fury , and no facts...thats a hater,,,

All names aimed at groups on the right...but focused on those who belive those dumb things. seems fair to me

I think certificate gate would be a better name instead of birthers

i dont know a good name for the health care people

but anti big government protesters would be far more fitting than tea baggers

and haters are on both sides, far more on the left during the Bush years than now, you just didnt notice them.

hell even now the violent ones are the lefties who bite off fingers and send people to the hospital for just being someplace the left does not want them to be.

there are ZERO cases of right wing people biting off fingers of left wing protesters during the anti war protests, and there are ZERO cases of right wing nuts putting peaceful left wingers in the hospital.

I think certificate gate would be a better name instead of birthers

i dont know a good name for the health care people

but anti big government protesters would be far more fitting than tea baggers

an

d haters are on both sides, far more on the left during the Bush years than now, you just didnnoticice them.

hell even now the violent ones are the lefties who bite off fingers and send people to the hospital for just being someplace the left does not want them to be.

there are ZERO cases of right wing people biting off fingers of left wing protesters during the anti war protests, and there are ZERO cases of right wing nuts putting peaceful left wingers in the hospital.

First you may recall, the guy who got bit, attacked the lefty first I belive we und ouout.

2nd, the teaberers pied there e own name basicly, telthem toto do better markeing,

a Sorry b but Birthers it isthey wanant a better name, they can be less retarded and get a clue.

and no, Right wings nuts blow up large buildings...Shoot Dr's....Shot up Jewish History Centers.....

and I did notice hte haters...thingas s I called them on it when they where dumb, and the Dem leaders did not go out fueling the flames of hte most extream clining foCivil w war and succession...

Also just myself I was there when a RNC Delegate attacked a Liberal Protest at the RNC....even posted some video of 2 really pissed off Ron Paul delegates that watch it.

First you may recall, the guy who got bit, attacked the lefty first I belive we und ouout.

2nd, the teaberers pied there e own name basicly, telthem toto do better markeing,

a Sorry b but Birthers it isthey wanant a better name, they can be less retarded and get a clue.

and no, Right wings nuts blow up large buildings...Shoot Dr's....Shot up Jewish History Centers.....

and I did notice hte haters...thingas s I called them on it when they where dumb, and the Dem leaders did not go out fueling the flames of hte most extream clining foCivil w war and succession...

Also just myself I was there when a RNC Delegate attacked a Liberal Protest at the RNC....even posted some video of 2 really pissed off Ron Paul delegates that watch it.

I disagree that asking questins and insisting on proof makes a person retarded, I would think the retardation comes from those who believe just because they are told to not because you have good reason.

I agree though that a right wing person shot that abortionist. The left made a big deal about it, they practicly turned this baby killer into a saint because he was shot down. I dont agree with killing the abortionist but I also dont believe in praising the fact he was an abortionsit.

Odd, a left wing nut case shot a inocent pro life protester just last week. No posts or threads about it. obama himself didnt talk about it like he praised the abortionist. No one cared about that guy. as for the jew hater, he was no consrvative. Jew hating tends to be a left wing thing.

Jew hating is a Right Wing thing, as far as I know, so I can say to that is: Do we define Left and Right differently?

I didn't hear about the pro-Life protestor being shot. I agree that should have received more publicity.

There were certainly an abundance of Clinton haters. I felt Kenn Starr abused his position.

The first George Bush had a relatively peaceful Presidency, and so did Reagan. Carter was under vicious attack from the start. Ford's era was fairly peaceful. Nixon had his Watergate, but things were peaceful from Ike to Johnson. A lot of people in the South vigorously despised FDR.

Jew hating is a Right Wing thing, as far as I know, so I can say to that is: Do we define Left and Right differently?

I didn't hear about the pro-Life protestor being shot. I agree that should have received more publicity.

There were certainly an abundance of Clinton haters. I felt Kenn Starr abused his position.

The first George Bush had a relatively peaceful Presidency, and so did Reagan. Carter was under vicious attack from the start. Ford's era was fairly peaceful. Nixon had his Watergate, but things were peaceful from Ike to Johnson. A lot of people in the South vigorously despised FDR.

What right wing groups hate or attack Israel?

I know of one religous group who is a whack job but the rest of those who hate Israel and Jews in general seem to be on the left.

Yeah it was sad that no one talked about it, the guy sat in his chair with his sign peacefully for years

I find it odd that you thought jimmy carter was attacked more than Bush 1 or Reagan. I grew up loving carter and hating Ronald Reagan and mostly because that is what I got from the news, my teachers, SNL Reagan was attacked from all fronts news stations, news papers, tv comedy shows, except the people themselves. Bush 2 was also but not to the degree reagan was.

Clinton is another story, he was attacked a lot. Rush got his show about the time of the clinton years and the news papers made bad cartoons about him. I can not disagree that he was attacked very badly and often. I think that is the reason the Bush attacks started at first, more of a pay back... but so far I can not agree that there is any president attacked more than President George W. Bush but I would say obama is second.

But the attacks do not solve any problems.

The same things happen on left and right. That is a fact.

So why are we constantly being pitted against one another? American vs American

Simple. If we are constantly bickering amongst ourselves, the politicians can do whatver the hell they please.

There needs to be unity in THE PEOPLE. Once we are all not divided, than the govt will stop playing their games.

Why is it that instead of addressing the opposition's point, so many resort to childish name calling.

Such is the human condition. Humans cannot use logic devoid of emotion. Opinions are darkly colored by emotion. You expect too much from a species where the average I.Q. is only 100. If you have never come to that conclusion by observing the limitations of the human race on your own, you must be young. Likewise, the opionions we hold are not born of logic, but by hidden personal agendas. We are more monkey than god.

I disagree that asking questins and insisting on proof makes a person retarded, I would think the retardation comes from those who believe just because they are told to not because you have good reason.

Retards...

Little_Rock_integration_protest.jpg

Werbung:

I agree though that a right wing person shot that abortionist. The left made a big deal about it, they practicly turned this baby killer into a saint because he was shot down. I dont agree with killing the abortionist but I also dont believe in praising the fact he was an abortionsit.

Odd, a left wing nut case shot a inocent pro life protester just last week. No posts or threads about it. obama himself didnt talk about it like he praised the abortionist. No one cared about that guy. as for the jew hater, he was no consrvative. Jew hating tends to be a left wing thing.

asking for proof of something more then proven is retarded. Its like if I kept protesting to have proof Bush prove he was born in the US...but birth certificates, state officials with access to records ( from the other party) news paper accounts, and having it on the website..was not enough..I would say you should call me retarded and not worth debate.

as for that other shooting, yes It was in the news, but you also recall he shot the owner of a gravel pit, and was on his way to kill some other guy as well he had a grudge against....not exactly the political assassination that the other even was...more a guy went nuts and shot people who pissed him off, had it just been the protester I think that angel would have been looked at more.also last i checked where was no pro choice websites that listed pro life people to target and kill, like the pro life movement has had.

Back