Snow in May? Wheres Al Gore?

steveox

CHICAGO, May 2 (UPI) -- An unusual late May storm that dumped inches of snow on the Rocky Mountains moved east Thursday, causing major problems in part of the Midwest.

In Owatonna, a small city in southern Minnesota, more than a foot of heavy wet snow fell, KAAL-TV, Austin, Minn., reported. Interstate 35 was closed north of the city because of the snow.

"I never thought I'd be snow-plowing on May 2. Especially this much snow. I think this is our biggest snowfall in Owatonna of this year comes at the end of the year," Mark Sherman, a city resident, said.
The storm shattered records for May snow across much of the west, AccuWeather reported. Some areas in the Rockies got 2 feet.

Many places hit by the snow had been basking in summer-like temperatures earlier in the week, AccuWeather said.

The area around Omaha got from 3 to 6 inches of snow. The National Weather Service said the previous record May snowfall in the city was 2 inches on May 9, 1945.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013...-as-Spring-storm-moves-in/UPI-48281367522044/

Why are even liberals listening to Al Gore? Al Gore is not a meteorologist nor he isn't a scientist nether. All he is,,Is a left winged bleeding liberal politican. Heres what Al Gore took up when he was in College

Gore enrolled in Harvard College in 1965, initially planning to major in English and write novels, but later deciding to major in government.[20][21] On his second day on campus, he began campaigning for the freshman student government council, and was elected its president.[21]
Although he was an avid reader who fell in love with scientific and mathematical theories,[21] he did not do well in science classes in college, and avoided taking math.[20] His grades during his first two years put him in the lower one-fifth of the class. During his sophomore year, he reportedly spent much of his time watching television, shooting pool, and occasionally smoking marijuana.[20][21] In his junior and senior years, he became more involved with his studies, earning As and Bs.[20] In his senior year, he took a class with oceanographer and global warming theorist Roger Revelle, who sparked Gore's interest in global warming and other environmental issues.[21][29] Gore earned an A on his thesis, "The Impact of Television on the Conduct of the Presidency, 1947-1969", and graduated with an A.B. cum laude in June 1969.[20][30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore

So what does he really know about our planet?

Werbung:
Don't forget he runs his electricity in his home 100 times more than the average American. And he uses private jets that also harms CO/2

The funny part is he tells everyone the oceans are rising, yet he buys a 9 million dollar home right on the Pacific Ocean.

When newspapers started screaming about the "unusual" snowfall they had in Denver on May 1, I looked back at records going back to about 1880.

Turns out there were more years when it snowed in May, than years when it did NOT snow in May.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/?n=denverannualsnowfall1882-2013

And, remember several weeks ago, when the newsies were going just as apeshit over that "deluge" of snow they had "unexpectedly" gotten in mid-April?

Well, guess which month historically has the second-MOST snow in the entire year?

Yep, April.

The newsies could have looked this up in about ten seconds. As I did.

Must be a REALLY slow news day.

When newspapers started screaming about the "unusual" snowfall they had in Denver on May 1, I looked back at records going back to about 1880.

Turns out there were more years when it snowed in May, than years when it did NOT snow in May.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/?n=denverannualsnowfall1882-2013

And, remember several weeks ago, when the newsies were going just as apeshit over that "deluge" of snow they had "unexpectedly" gotten in mid-April?

Well, guess which month historically has the second-MOST snow in the entire year?

Yep, April.

The newsies could have looked this up in about ten seconds. As I did.

Must be a REALLY slow news day.

they have a political agenda to push and as if thst were not bad enough they are too dtupid and lazy to look it up.

But Al Gore's movie won an award, so globull warming must be true. Even though he showed the hurricanes turning the wrong direction :p

Meteorologist Joe Bastardi Blasts Al Gore’s Claims That Global Warming Caused Hurricane Sandy as "Stunningly Ignorant or Stunningly Deceptive"

According to Bastardi, such storms are nothing new, “In the 1950s […] 10 major hurricanes ran the eastern seaboard. Six hit the Carolinas northward in two years.”

hes just trying to extend his snake oil carbon credit empire a little longer.

Werbung:
and your "science" said increased CO2 = even hotter. and it has not done so.

yes science wins but what does that make agm ? discredited.

Back