so its 3pm here and no one has said anything about McCains speach yet?

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
I guess that alone says something

First I will say I missed part of it, the first part, was on the phone and got home late. But what I did see was him talking over and over about his POW experience...that fine to talk about, but it was like all I heard it seemed. I did not hear a plan to fix the Health care system, I did not hear a environmental plan, I did not hear a Education plan, I did not hear anything much more then I was a POW, I love the USA, I Want to Serve American, I love the USA....oh and tax cut... At least he did attack his own party a bit from what I saw, and I think I may have missed more of it, but really, this was a flag waving nothing of a speech to me. No ideas, nothing of value, and a few cheap shots at Obama that where wrong or misleading...like how he said Obama would not drill...Obama has said he was willing to have drilling if part of a greater plan...not just as the plan... McCain him self lies when he says he would drill, because he would not, all he would do really is let the states decided if they want to drill..It may be the way to go, but its still not making the decision to drill.

Werbung:
there were no specifics of any sort beyond "drill, baby, drill!!!" in the entire week. nearly all of obama's convention speech was specifics- as close as you can get in a prime time speech to 40 million people- not to mention the dozens of pages of detailed plans on his website.

i guess the empty-suit tables have turned? nahh, the right will just keep repeating baseless smears (*cough* john mccain has a black baby *cough*). it's what they do best!

That was the text book definition of a Snooze fest... it was like watching the old guy down the street at a cook out tell wondering stories about himself back when he was a kid.

I will say this the ballons were good. If the Republicans could run a country the way they drop ballons they'd have something there.

But we have serious problems and all the Republican candidates are talking about is themselves, bashing the OBAMA / BIDEN new positive approach and pleading for sympathy votes.

Sara... you're an Evangelist woman. John... you suffered in a POW camp 40 years ago. See... we all get that.

But we have a country here that's needs leadership and one of you, your age last night showed. You're slipping. That's just the truth. Plus you really just like war a little too much.

The other is so unqualified and is so backward on the issues you can see how her snobby rightious indignation could get her placed under that current ethics investigation back in her home state.

Plus both of them look us right in the eye and say this place has went to hell in a handbag... what idiots did this? Well that would be YOU! Total Republican control for over 6 of the last 7 and a half years.

Then if that weren't bad enough they say... We can only create serious change by staying the current Bush administrations course!:eek:

It's terrible...

Wow, listen to the fear and panic thats come over the Left.... Does my heart good to hear them ratchet up their lies, baseless accusations and rediculous commentary about the RNC.

Keep the Sexist comments coming! Only half the population of the US are women, and they LOVE to hear you beat up on women.

Wow, listen to the fear and panic thats come over the Left.... Does my heart good to hear them ratchet up their lies, baseless accusations and rediculous commentary about the RNC.

Keep the Sexist comments coming! Only half the population of the US are women, and they LOVE to hear you beat up on women.

by all means, point out anything sexist, baseless, ridiculous, or false said in this thread. oh wait...

i think the right has deluded themselves into thinking that they're fighting a good fight, even though the writing is on the wall. not to say it's in the bag, but mccain still has a LONG, uphill crawl if he expects the election to even be close.

The first part of his speech was good, I got bored by the middle then it picked up nice at the end. For a person who does not do teleprompter speeches well he did pretty good.

But in general it was a so so speech.

I didn't think much about Obamas speech either, and there was very little written about it. Everyone is talkinga bout Sara Palin. That speech rocked the house. I am still pumped about it and I am activly promoting her to anyone who is willing to listen.

The first part of his speech was good, I got bored by the middle then it picked up nice at the end. For a person who does not do teleprompter speeches well he did pretty good.

But in general it was a so so speech.

I didn't think much about Obamas speech either, and there was very little written about it. Everyone is talkinga bout Sara Palin. That speech rocked the house. I am still pumped about it and I am activly promoting her to anyone who is willing to listen.

I was under the impression the McCain speech had more viewers than the Obama speech.

I was under the impression the McCain speech had more viewers than the Obama speech.

it did, by about three quarters of one percent, not accounting for internet viewership which would likely favor obama.

the reason that obama's speech got so little coverage was not that it was bad, it was just that all non-print media had already moved to the palin story by the time people woke up friday. it was good strategy by mccain- one of many benefits he got by having the rnc after the dnc.

it did, by about three quarters of one percent, not accounting for internet viewership which would likely favor obama.

the reason that obama's speech got so little coverage was not that it was bad, it was just that all non-print media had already moved to the palin story by the time people woke up friday. it was good strategy by mccain- one of many benefits he got by having the rnc after the dnc.

Well you can thank the DNC for scheduling their convention first. I agree though that it was a good play by McCain with his timing.

I think Palin has energized a new group of people to start caring about the election. I said right away that Palin gets you the base excited, and McCain will be the one who has to pick up the moderates. (As we have been seeing with increased "maverick" rhetoric)

Palin was not intended to get independents, Palin is expected to get the base, and leave the independents to McCain.

Well you can thank the DNC for scheduling their convention first. I agree though that it was a good play by McCain with his timing.

I think Palin has energized a new group of people to start caring about the election. I said right away that Palin gets you the base excited, and McCain will be the one who has to pick up the moderates. (As we have been seeing with increased "maverick" rhetoric)

Palin was not intended to get independents, Palin is expected to get the base, and leave the independents to McCain.

see, i think mccain had the base- because a large part of the republican base comes out every four years to vote against the democrats on social issues- a lot of rural and older voters, that can be depended upon to show up. they're certainly not going to vote for obama, and i doubt mccain even has bob barr on his radar.

so instead of expanding his constituency with his vp pick, he went for a cheap pander and, on a dime, switched his campaign into a feeble abortion of a likeness of his former maverick image. mccain had to bring himself too close to bush to get the nom, i don't see the return to 2000-mccain messagaing as being effective.

i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

see, i think mccain had the base- because a large part of the republican base comes out every four years to vote against the democrats on social issues- a lot of rural and older voters, that can be depended upon to show up. they're certainly not going to vote for obama, and i doubt mccain even has bob barr on his radar.

so instead of expanding his constituency with his vp pick, he went for a cheap pander and, on a dime, switched his campaign into a feeble abortion of a likeness of his former maverick image. mccain had to bring himself too close to bush to get the nom, i don't see the return to 2000-mccain messagaing as being effective.

i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I am not sure he had the base locked up though. I saw a poll (and if I am remembering right) something like 60% of republicans were upset over their nominee. Many viewed him as not republican enough, and many even looked at him as a democrat.

That is why I think he had to go with someone like Palin to really lock up the entire base. Romney does not lock it up totally, can argue he adds in other area, Ridge or Lieberman would lose you a portion of those who simply come out to vote on social issues as they are pro-choice.

So, all that said, I think the pick was to lock up the base so McCain could stop pandering to the base, and go back to his actual self, which alienates some Republicans, but attracts independents.

But as you say, we shall wait and see.

Good evening everyone. I finally got a massage yeeeeeeeeee.lol Well the conventions are over and the real shedding of blood will appear. You all sound like politics educators so if you all can, please explain what it means for the states to pass during the states roll call? (I know it may be a stupid question) Does that mean those states will decide closer to election or something else? Okay with that said, I am wondering something. I know my hearing may be a little off at times but did it seem like Obama and McCain had similar speeches???? The only difference within the speeches were the attacks.

Good evening everyone. I finally got a massage yeeeeeeeeee.lol Well the conventions are over and the real shedding of blood will appear. You all sound like politics educators so if you all can, please explain what it means for the states to pass during the states roll call? (I know it may be a stupid question) Does that mean those states will decide closer to election or something else? Okay with that said, I am wondering something. I know my hearing may be a little off at times but did it seem like Obama and McCain had similar speeches???? The only difference within the speeches were the attacks.

The states passed at the Republican convention so that Arizona (McCain's state) would be able to cast the vote that put him over the needed limit.

Since it is a roll call vote, they have to go down the entire roll before being able to start over, so that is why every state was passing to get back to Arizona so they would be able to nominate McCain officially.

They cannot postpone their decision, it has to be decided before the convention ends. But that is why they were passing at the RNC.

Werbung:
Back