So who Won Iraq?

There's people dying in Washington right now at an alrming rate. Violence is part of human nature, and when you have a country comprised of humans, well, you're going to have violence.

You seriously did not just use this example to try and justify the killing and the dieing in Iraq... you cannot be serious.

What I was trying to get at is not that I think Americans dying in Iraq is justified (especially the military members, who I consider to be the greatest Americans), but that some level of violence does not indicate failure.

There is a certain level of violence that will be present in any city (i.e. Detroit or Washington).

Werbung:
What I was trying to get at is not that I think Americans dying in Iraq is justified (especially the military members, who I consider to be the greatest Americans), but that some level of violence does not indicate failure.

There is a certain level of violence that will be present in any city (i.e. Detroit or Washington).

how many carbombs and ied's go off in detroit and washington city per year?

im sure glad you think so skippy......from where i sit i see the fukkers killing our kids at an alarming rate with rudimentary explosives if we had truly won militarily there would be no more kids dying ........

We won in the sense that we fulfilled the vast majority of our obligations and achieved most of our goals over there. Everything else is just icing on the cake. The problem now is that our military is being treated like a collective rent-a-cop because the Iraqis chose to use the freedom we provided them to blow themselves up and seem to believe that they're entitled to suckle on the American breast for the duration of Iraq's existence. The problem is the Iraqi people, the people who love to throw their weight around once the danger is over but cry for Uncle Sam to save them every time something, somewhere, blows up. They criticize our handling of the situation yet, by and large, won't lift a finger to change things and don't offer any alternate solutions. The problem is that they aren't ready for the level of freedom we've given them because they are unwilling to fight and make sacrifices for it. They've designated the United States as their beast of burden and there's only so much we can do without significant contributions from them. If your definition of victory is that 'no more kids die' then we've never won a war.

We won in the sense that we fulfilled the vast majority of our obligations and achieved most of our goals over there. Everything else is just icing on the cake. The problem now is that our military is being treated like a collective rent-a-cop because the Iraqis chose to use the freedom we provided them to blow themselves up and seem to believe that they're entitled to suckle on the American breast for the duration of Iraq's existence. The problem is the Iraqi people, the people who love to throw their weight around once the danger is over but cry for Uncle Sam to save them every time something, somewhere, blows up. They criticize our handling of the situation yet, by and large, won't lift a finger to change things and don't offer any alternate solutions. The problem is that they aren't ready for the level of freedom we've given them because they are unwilling to fight and make sacrifices for it. They've designated the United States as their beast of burden and there's only so much we can do without significant contributions from them. If your definition of victory is that 'no more kids die' then we've never won a war.

Great, so lets leave.

Well since no one else has actually honestly answered the question, I'll go ahead and do it.

Iran wins BIG TIME short term, Long Term winners Include China and India.

Thank you Dick Cheney and George Bush!

I don't know, but probably not a lot. The point is that you can't just say "Oh, Americans are still dying, therefore we lost the war."

No but I think we could say we completed all of our original objectives + 4 years and we are now going to redeploy and let the feuding locals have less American targets to kill.

STARTING TOMORROW EVERYONE PLEASE REGISTER ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY! That's the only way we'll be allowed out of this Bush/Cheney mess!
:mad:

Winners include, but not limited to...Boeing, Haliburton, Chrysler, AMG, Colt, Raytheon, BP, Exxon, OPEC, Betchel, Iran, China, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Turkey(yet to be seen)

To ask who won Iraq is like asking who won the armed bank robbery.

When an act of murderous thievery occurs, which is exactly what the U.S. did to Iraq, nobody wins.

When an act of murderous thievery occurs, which is exactly what the U.S. did to Iraq, nobody wins.

Actually, I disagree. If the murderous thieves get away with it, they win.:D

"Murderous thievery". Let me see you try to substantiate this little gem.

I hear people say we lost all the time. If thats the case...then who won?

anyone have the balls to answer that question honestly?

It ain't over till it's over. We won't pull out of Iraq before 2009, that's for sure. Bush has nothing to loose now. I'm not saying we are winning. But a lot can change in a year and a half. Iraqi politicians might even reach an agreement. We are currently in the process of retraining 30,000 airmen and sailors as infantry. All volunteers. Another "surge" is coming. We could expect to see 200,000 US troops in Iraq by this time next year. Withdrawing from Iraq may be a foregone conclusion. But it's still a long way off.

Werbung:
"Murderous thievery". Let me see you try to substantiate this little gem.
The U.S. invaded Iraq solely to steal Iraq's oil distribution rights.

We so invaded in response to Saddam Hussein's threat in the fall of 2002 that he would divert our share of Iraqi crude to China just as soon the sanctions against him choosing new trading partners came to an end "and there's nothing you can do to stop me" ... and those sanctions were about to come to an end ... when we invaded.

Had we allowed Saddam to stop selling us the special light, sweet Iraqi crude, for which there is no available alternative supply, the loss of that crude, which accounts for nearly 20% of the crude oil refined in California alone, would have flung us into a severe depression and taken our allies with us.

Bush and the Senate Security Committee reasoned that it was better to commit the predicted slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in securing "our" continued receipt of Iraqi crude than to lose that crude and spiral into a devastating economic depression.

But, he obviously couldn't tell the truth of the matter -- that he was committing a blood-for-oil murderous thievery -- so he and the commission told the rank-and-file of Congress the standard WMD, terrorist, "evil" dictator, Muslim jiahd lies so as to post-9/11 fear-bait them into supporting the invasion.

The truth of the matter is that we spent many billions on the invasion to save many trillions in losses that would have occurred had we lost the Iraqi crude we had been receiving for decades.

The truth of the matter is as I tell it.

That makes the U.S. a murderous thief.

That makes our soldiers in Iraq henchmen.

That makes Bush a crime boss.

Many GOP Presidential hopefuls are distancing themselves from Bush now, as the leak from the Senate Security Commission has informed them that it will not be long before the whole world public knows the truth of this, and if they expect to have any chance of getting elected, they must remove as much Bushian dirt from their mantle as they can.

So, there you have it -- the truth.

The U.S. invaded Iraq solely to steal Iraq's oil distribution rights, predictably slaughtering hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, nearly half of whom were children with a median age of eight years-old ... and that thereby makes us murderous thieves.

Back